CARRER DE PELAI 28, Barcelona, Catalonia, 8001, Spain

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Catalonia Ramblas

Great Hotel what you see is what you get

by TripAdvisor Member KentArchie

Went to the Catalonia Ramblas for my partners 50th birthday. Hotel was superb; very clean and the rooms were wonderful. Staff were really friendly. Breakfast was nice too. 10/10 for this hotel we loved it.

Barcelona was excellent too.

5oth celebration

by TripAdvisor Member ghost055

Have just returned this morning from a two night surprise break at the Catalonia Ramblas. Great hotel in a privelaged location clean modern rooms with good facilities, spacious dining area offering a varied choice of breakfast,tried out the spa area which had a sauna steam room and large jacuzzi which was very relaxing after a busy day sight seeing.Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend and return .Brian and Lorna

Top notch hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Bizill

Very nice rooms for Europe. Quite a bit larger than most. Flat screen TV was a nice touch. Modern styling, very clean.
We got in very early. Left our luggage with the porter and went out to explore the city, then came back to the hotel pool until our room was ready. Turns out they had a massage therapist on duty by the pool, and my wife and I got a foot massage! What a pleasant thing after walking around all morning!
The lobby is also quite nice, with a bar and plenty of comfortable seating.
We left some things behind when we checked out, and they were nice enough to pack them up and ship them to the hotel we were staying at in Madrid!
Top notch hotel with top notch service! Can't beat that!

In the middle of the City

by TripAdvisor Member oliveerpent

Very pleasant hotel in the City, only at one minute by feet from the Ramblas.
The room is a little bit small but the shower is great!
On the top, you can enjoy the swiming pool when the weather is nice.
The breakfast is full and enough.
I was there for business but i will return with my wife in the coming months
Pleasant stay!

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member david-the-banker

Booked in by the organisers of the "Barcelona Round the World Race" - I stayed 3 nights.

My arrival was delayed by a day - I had come straight from a regatta in Brazil but my wife came a day earlier and was made welcome - impeccable treatment from the reception staff.

We were treated to a superior room - large room with large balcony on the 6th floor right above the street. Because the room was set back from the street it was adeqately quiet but I'd be a bit worried on the floors below. However most rooms look out onto the central courtyard and the swimming pool. Delightful in the summer and a quiet oasis insulated from any street noise.

Excellent breakfasts, good coffee and drinks in the bar.

Great Hotel in fantastic postion

by TripAdvisor Member ClaireGail

We were a little apprehensive as previous comments mentions refurbishment works. However this was completed and the hotel is excellent. We got the bus from the airport which dropped us off in the Plaza de Catalonia, and it was just a three minute walk to the hotel.
The room was large and modern. Excellent shower. Very clean.
The breakfast which was included, was very comprehensive, with eggs cooked to order. It set us up for the day.
The Ramblas is just round the corner, so the location could not have been better for us on a sightseeing holiday.

Fab Hotel, excellent location!

by TripAdvisor Member louise101177

Really loved this hotel, stayed there at the begining of January 2008, the location was perfect as was right around the corner from La Rambla, which has lots of resturants, bars ect. The staff were very friendly and when we decided to stay an extra night this was no problem and was charged the same rate as the other two nights which were booked online (even though the extra night was a Saturday)!

My only niggle with this hotel was when getting our creased clothes out for a night out, we hunted around for an iron then phoned room service to request iron and ironing board, and was told they don't have them but they can iron a shirt for you for 5 euros! So we hung most of our clothes in shower to steam them as was not prepared to pay someone to iron our clothes for us.

Apart from that our trip was excellent, and the hotel fab, did not eat breakfast there as it was only cheese, ham and breads ect, but there are a couple of places round corner on La Rambla selling english (ish) breakfasts for half the price.

Also we had a good eve out at a mexican restaurant called 'Margarita Blue" which is a short taxi ride (7 euros) down by the port end of La Rambla or a stroll (not in heals though), they did fab cocktails and quite nice food, good place to go if your young (average age 30). We had a very good time and got quite tipsey trying all the lovely cocktails!

Excellent, pricy choice

by TripAdvisor Member bXMi

Location:
Very central, close to the main street of Barcelona and the Ramblas area with the narrow streets and speciality shops. About 150 meters to the subway station and taxi stop. The street is busy, but most, if not all rooms, have windows towards the pool or the backyard.

Rooms:
Very modern interior, spotless cleaning. The room is very large with stone tiles and plenty of storage space. The internet connection was speedy, however I had to call the reception to get login and password. The bathroom was also spacious and spotless. Flat screen TV with mostly spanish channels and some international news and music channels.

Service:
Friendly, polite and english fluent staff that were very helpful with guidance.

Dining:
Breakfast was pretty good, fresh made juice and a chef that made omelettes or egg and bacon.

The only experience I had with the bar was a disappointment, I ordered a Caiprinha, but it didn't taste anything like it.

Fantastic hotel and location

by TripAdvisor Member aufcno1

Stayed for 3 nights Feb 2007. This is a great hotel.Location is superb right in the centre of Barcelona. Its modern, rooms spacious, pool lovely (although a bit cold in feb for a dip), dining areas are very nice. Staff were helpful and friendly and I would stay in here again. Barcelona is a fantastic city and this is a superb hotel location to explore all its great sights from

OK but expensive

by TripAdvisor Member sunnywalks

Foyer of the hotel is nice and it is in a good location, but the room is very dark and quite small given the amount of money it cost.

Very central location but very touristy area.

No noise from outside the hotel, but from inside it is very noisy every time a flush went or a shower was turned on from either rooms above or either side it sounded like it was running through our room and any chance of a lie in was hopeless. The marble corridors also meant that any internal door shutting echoed loudly and anybody talking in the corridor sounded like they were on loud speaker.

i'm sure there are other hotels in the area that offer better value for money.

The roofThe roof

The monkgardens by the cathedralThe monkgardens by the cathedral

PAINTING IN FUNDACION MIRÓPAINTING IN FUNDACION MIRÓ

Roman columns within the buildingRoman columns within the building

Comments, please.

by unaS

Any comments about the Hotel Urquinaona, in Barcelona?

Ronda de Sant Pere, 24 - 08010 Barcelona
Metro: Urquinaona (L1 - L4)

In addition to the hotel itself, the neighbourhood is important to me as a mature woman travelling solo.

Many thanks.

by Belsaita

Hi Una!
Don't know about the hotel
But the location is good, as central as you can be without being in the most touristy area. 5 min walking to Pl. Catalunya.
It's between Eixampla and Ciutat Vella so great for sightseeing.
Ronda de Sant Pere is a very busy road so it may be noisy (the only "con" I see there)

by Belsaita

EixamplE of course (bad spelling morning!... the rest of my asnwer is legible thanks to the firefox spelling corrector!!)

by oriettaIT

I have been in this hotel for 10 days in 2007 and found it really good, the hotel is simple (you can read my opinion in my Barcelona tips) but the location is perfect, right in the center, almost all the main bus routes go by it (also the night buses), Metro stop is right out of the door so very convenient. I felt very safe walking around the area. I would reccomend it.
Happy travel, Orietta

by unaS

Thanks Isa, Orietta. Much appreciated.

by travelbarc

it´s a nice area-basically in the city center but without all the crowds of las ramblas.

there is also a nice irish bar across the street where they have drink and social events every day. thursday is ladies night!

george payne irish bar
plaza urquinaona 5

cheers!

by unaS

Appreciate the information Diego, but as an old lady and a grandmama that is not exactly my 'scene' :)))

Comments