City Park Sant Just Hotel Barcelona

The Aerial Tramway approachThe Aerial Tramway approach

Tower of Torre de JaumeTower of Torre de Jaume

Tapas Bar.Tapas Bar.

Modernista facadeModernista facade

Need an inexpensive hotel or hostel

by swampwiz

Here's my situation. I will be flying into Barcelona in Feb (mid week). staying for one day, then off by bus to the Pyrenees (Andorra and Baqueira Beret) for a few weeks, and then back to Barcelona for 4 days, where I have some relatives visiting (and it may be too crowded for me to stay there), and then off to Granada for a few weeks, and then back again on the day before leaving via the airport I am not sure from what station (bus or train) or the the airport that I will be taking transportation to the Pyrenees and Granada.

The most important consideration overall is price, but for the first and last day, easy transportation to the airport is the next higher priority. However, for the 4 day swing, price is not so important (my relatives would pay for my place), but being in the city center is.

Of course, any advice about transportation to Andorra, baqueira Beret and Granada would be nice as well.

Under the time cirumstances (need a place right when I get off the plane and need to et up early for the outbound), I don't think that CouchSurfing would be an option for those days.

Re: Need an inexpensive hotel or hostel

by virtualpatrick

I stayed at the Hotel Marvi on my last trip to Barcelona last spring. I did a littel review on it with pictures.

The Hotel Marvi is right across from Metro Universitat and the drop off / pickup point on the Aerobus (airport bus) route. 7 minutes walk to upper Las Ramblas / Plaza Catalunya area.

www.hotelmarvi.com is the hotel's website but I reserved through www.booking.com since I was researching and comparing Barcelona accomodations through that website.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/528fc/430de/3/#ixzz1DtWSLR6x

patrick

Re: Need an inexpensive hotel or hostel

by oriettaIT

I had a great experience at Hotel Urquinaona, http://www.hotelurquinaona.co.uk/.
I simulated a booking for Wed 23 Feb night and the rate for a single room is 55 with breakfast.
Other VTers I suggested had great experience there too. Read more about it here http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/430de/3/

It is close to Plaza Catalunia, so you can take the Aerobus from the airport. it will take you to the Plaza Catalunia and from there is 500 meters walking to the hotel. look here for details http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en/discoveraerobus.html

The underground is litteraly few step out of the hotel door.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Luggage Storage at BCN

by risse73

If you are using BCN as your travel base in Europe, you can still travel light by leaving your luggage at BCN's luggage storage facility in Terminal 1. It cost only 5 Euros per day, so it is not a bad deal. The newly built facility is open 24 hours/7 days a week, and is found in the lower level of Terminal 1. I decided to leave my carry-on luggage here as I still had to travel to Milan for a few days. So, I ended taking an overnight bag with me to Milan, and left the rest of my belongings at BCN's T1 luggage storage facility. This plan worked well for me!

Receiving Mail - general advice

by aliante1981

Everybody (well, almost!) likes receiving letters - I certainly do, though there are other, more modern and efficient means of communication - e-mail, phone, and such like. However, if you simply like getting letters or if you need, say, the originals or paper copies of some documents sent to you while you are on the move, you can use the poste restante service. Your best bet is to use the American Express service, which is available for free to clients - you should hold either their card or travellers cheques. They are reliable and present in all major cities.

Paella

by b1bob

Paella is a rice dish made with all kinds of meats and saffron to give it that yellow colour. Closer to the coast, as in Barcelona, there is more seafood in it. There are more versions of paella in Spain than there are Brunswick stew and barbecue in the United States. I've had paella in Barcelona and in Galicia- I like both versions.

Camp Nou (Football Stadium of Barcelona)

by listenandlearn

We are quite sure football lovers will spend much time at the football stadium (Camp Nou). Camp Nou is presently considered the largest within Europe, which accommodates 120,000 people.
To get to Camp Nou, take the blue line or Line 5 (Directions: Cornellá) and get off at Collblanc. Once you get off Collblanc, it is approx. 20 minutes easy walking to the front entrance. (Incidentally, please do not make a mistake of purchasing the one day or the one week metro (or underground tickets), always purchase the T-10 which only cost 6.30 Euros, given a ten journey, you are others may share the same ticket simultaneously & it metro tickets expires in one year date).
It is best to get to Camp Nou around 10 in the morning to give you ample of time to enjoy everything they have to offer tourists. Visit the FC Barcelona Museum; the cost per head is 9 Euros. It is approximately 45-50 minutes tour (tour is also available in English). The tour includes visiting the museum, dugouts, the players locker rooms, the press conference room after the games, also you are allowed to step on the grass, seat on the Presidential Box & all the photos you wish to take is allowed what is more interesting is you & everyone else can even go on the Presidential VIP seats and hold the replica of the European Cup.
A week ago, we hosted some football admirers & they got to Camp Nou after 3pm, it was their last day here in Barcelona & was not able to see much, this is the reason why we are suggesting for you to get to Camp Nou early enough & would not miss anything. Should you wish to purchase T-Shirts of Barça, it is always best to purchase it at Camp Nou as we have seen many imitations being sold at Las Ramblas.
Have a wonderful & safe time here in Barcelona. We wish to add one more thing; we are advising you and everyone to please do wear a money belt, wear those money belts while in Barcelona for peace of mind and great pre-cautions. Cheers to all,
marieinspain@yahoo.com Will give you more details after downloading my photos. MANY THANKS PAL!

Sant Pau del Camp.

by Maurizioago

This church is the oldest medieval building in the city. It dates back to the year 912 and it was rebuilt between XI and XII centuries.

Its has a nice tiny cloister.

Sant Pau Del Camp lies at the bottom of the Carrer de Sant Pau; near Avinguida del Paral-lel. The nearest metro station is Paral.lel.

Comments