Pau Claris 150, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08009, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• iaint's Profile Photo

very comfortable

I only stayed one night, and was dog tired when I arrived. However, the palce created a good impression on me. Liked the decor and atmosphere. Food was good.

Unique Quality: Decor. The hotel website has a great photo gallery - check it out.

• meaganelizabeth's Profile Photo

Central Location, Beautiful Hotel

I have an interesting story about this hotel.. I am a painter, and when I was about 12, a magazine photograph moved me. I love interior design, and this "home" was magical and beautiful to me. I drew the image and ten years later checked into Hotel Claris. To my shock and amazement, I was staring at the "house" I had drawn ten years prior.

Unique Quality: Centrally located, right next to that great tour bus. Not one to take a tour bus, I need to recommend it. Was so helpful in pointing out which sights to see, and you can get off and on whenever and whereever. Great Feature and right outside the door.

• Marionbcn's Profile Photo

CLARIS

Without a doubt, the Claris is the best confirmation that providing excellent hotel service is all an art. It has taken five years to transform a neoclassical palace from the 19th century into one of Spain's most unique hotels. A hotel where it is impossible to find two identical rooms because everything at the Claris was made by hand. From the design and construction of the furniture to choosing the marble and exotic wood crafted by a diverse team of artisans, following techniques that seemed to have been forgotten in our time.

More about Claris Hotel

Great, amazing, superb hotel

I stayed here from 10th Dec to the 13th Dec with my girlfriend. The staff were amazing and extremely helpful. There English was also really good. Every night before we went out we went to East 47 bar to have some cocktails which were very very tasty and well made. The rooms are quite small, but it was perfect for 2 people. We had an amazing view which looked over the busy street. You could sit in the window with a glass of wine watching the world go by. The roof top terrace is also amazing. I am defiantly going to go back as soon as possible. Thank you Hotel Claris for an amazing weekend!!!!

Fabulous location and staff

by TripAdvisor Member karanarath

We had a wonderful package for 5 nights at the Claris and enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel is so centrally located we could walk just about everywhere. Shopping is around the corner. The hotel is perfectly situated a block away from the busy street in a quieter residential area. The staff went out of their way to tend to our every need. The service they showed far surpassed the service I have experienced at many 5 star hotels worldwide. I would highly recommend this hotel and in the summer the rooftop pool and restaurant look tremendous!

Solid Hotel - Not Super Deluxe

We spent 5 nights here in Nov. '04. Great location and friendly staff, but rooms are small and poorly ventilated. Air conditoner did not work and room became a sauna after a bath. Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't smoke, overwhelming cigarette smell in other rooms. A solid four star hotel - not a super-deluxe five star property.

Stylish, clean but small rooms

by TripAdvisor Member PaulL1

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 11 year old boy and baby girl all in one room. The room was not quite big enough for us all, but we all managed to squeez in. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. The rooftop swimming pool and terrace were a delight and the water was swimmable even in Late September (I don't think the pool is heated). If you prefer the Eixample to the Old Town, the location of the Claris is "estupendo!". The only complaint I have is that the staff service for the breakfast was absolutely attrocious (no problems with the food though). I had to ask four times for a baby chair (they just kept forgetting) and when I broke a plate by accident, they didn't clean it up off the floor. My advice is to eat the breakfast in your room! By the way, the Gaudi houses are fantastic. What an imagination that guy had!!!!!!!!!

NYE in Barcelona

by TripAdvisor Member maxtravel4me

The hotel was ok, not a 5 star, more like a 4. Rooms were hot, so you needed to open the windows, but the street side is too loud to keep them open while you sleep.

As we were there for New Year's, we solicited from the hotel info about where to go. The hotel proceeded to recommend only the most expensive places in their large binder of information. When I looked through the binder myself, I noticed there were many more choices (for less money) than what was offered. I proceeded to make my reservations myself. I then asked the hotel for directions to the restaurant, and they made sure to make a note on their form that we (hotel guests) were going to that specific restaurant. I could only presume they would then call the restaurant to claim their portion of the commission. It then became clear why the hotel was only recommending the most expensive restaurants (€120 and above). As one pointed out in my group, this was not behavior becoming to a supposedly 5 star establishment.

Too corporate, no character

by TripAdvisor Member squoogle

This hotel was a disappointment. From its literature I expected a very individual hotel with lots of character but in reality this is just another corporate hotel. The breakfast area was rather miserable and in the basement and the food itself was pretty average. We ate in the restaurant one night where the food was fine but the restaurant was empty and we felt rushed to finish. The bar is tiny and once again charmless. The service was fine. They were moderately helpful about hotel bookings although I thought it was slightly inappropriate to ask me how old I was when I asked for a restaurant recommendation. The pool is tiny and freezing cold. To call their fitness equipment a gym is a massive stretch of the imagination. They had three bits of equipment tucked in a corner and only two were working. Othere than that generally it was ok in a dull kind of way.

Reasonable, charming accommodations.

by gilescorey

There is so much information on this site, which is wonderful, but I'm looking for a mid-range hotel in Barcelona that will be a respectable, clean, quiet place to lay our heads.

I tend to like to stay in "the thick" of things. Love progressive neighborhoods and counter-culture. Like to stay in walkable districts. Any recommendations? I thought Hotel Lloridat might work. I'll be draggin Mom, so keep that in mind ;)

Oh, and I speak fluent Spanish, so not a problem.

Thanks!

P

RE: Reasonable, charming accommodations.

by meaganelizabeth

Hi! I stayed at hotel Claris. Really wonderful five star hotel. 150 euros. I dont know what you wanted to spend, but from here we walked to the cathedral, the gothic quarter and all of the other gaudi buildings. Really city center. Right outside was the bus which I have never put to use in another city, but was amazing. It was a sightseeing bus, where we would get off at each stop and then jump back on the next one after spending some time. We just bought a day pass. There is so much to see in Barcelona, this was a great way to choose what we wanted to do. Have fun!

by gilescorey

Looks great! Added to my list. Thanks!

by Belsaita

Well, as I said many times before, being a Barcelona's resident I'm not the best adviser regarding accomodation :-)

Anyway, my 2 cents here: I've been to Hotel Claris in company meetings and it's a fantastic 5-star hotel, excellent location, exquisite decoration (the Roman sculptures and mosaics decorating the walls are authentic!!), fantastic breakfast, etc. So, if you get a good deal, sure is an option to take into account... But, IMO, hotel Claris and "progressive neighborhoods and counter-culture" does not really match :-))

Where is hotel Lloridat? Never heard about this one (I've did a quick search in google by curiosity and no matches found)

by gilescorey

I meant hotel "Lloret". I'm a *** ;)

Claris gets a lot of fans, so that might be the ticket. Thanks for the tips - I may come back for more before I head off to BCN.

P