Aribau 201, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08021, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

• didier06's Profile Photo

a good choice

This hotel is located in a quiet area although a little far from the touristics places in Barcelona likes the ramblas or the old town. The room was modern style, clean and comfortable
    Unfortunately no view only on a courtyard. The staff was very helpful and prices aren't very expensive.

• yma123's Profile Photo

Barcelonas hotel hidden out of the crazy strip!!!

I stayed here with 4 of my gal friends last august (2007) - we had two rooms... 3 in one and 2 in the other... next door to each other and this was one of our favorite hotels!!! great hotel!!!

Unique Quality: great hotel situated in the Gràcia area, right near Passeig de Gràcia & a short walk from Ramblas.. near shops also but not too close to Ramblas so its very safe!!!

Great hotel with free internet access & free soft drinks on each level.. rooms are top shelf!!! - showers and facilities are immaculate... highly recommended this hotel! - Rooms are very nice!!!!

also near cafes, pharmacys etc...

Directions: ituated in the Gràcia area, right near Passeig de Gràcia & a short walk from Ramblas

• Hotel Condado

The hotel was very nice, the room was a nice size with ensuite bathroom although the shower was broken. The bed was huge and the room was changed every morning. We also has a balcony, although the view was of the back fo the hotel btu nice all the same. There is breakfast served in the morning, although this is the only meal the hotel serves. There is no bar but rooms come with a mini bar at strangely cheap prices! There is a nice reception room and internet access.

The location was good - only ten minutes walk from Las Ramblas so you are very central and all the taxi drivers seem to know where it is.

The staff were friendly and helpful at all times, they will look after your key whe you are out and there is an area to leave your bags if your checkout time is before your flight.

• mrpips's Profile Photo

Quaint and Accomodating

This is a six-floor hotel about a ten minute walk to the Metro on Diagonal and Gracia. Charming inside with nice rooms, although the walls are not insulated. Bring earplugs for those special nights.
    Staff very accomodating and will go out of their way to please you.
    When offered a double or twin room go for the twin: it's definitely bigger. Made mistake of taking double(marriage) room and found it to be tiny. I was able to change the next day to twin (beds put together but bigger, with balcony).
    Good buffet breakfast for 10 euros per person.
    Location a bit out of the way but not much. Avenida Diagonal just minutes down street and Parc Guell a five minute (20 min walk) away.

More about Condado Hotel Barcelona

OLE CONDADO

by TripAdvisor Member LS9

Visited the hotel in march for a retirement do with 18 other firemen,everyone enjoyed our stay.Good location and a fabulous city with plenty to do drinking,eating,sightseeing.
Liked it so much returned with my wife in september and it was every bit the same,staff excellent, rooms spot on. OLE !!!!!

me gusta condado

by TripAdvisor Member skarlett

very clean,new,reasonable,good location.staff extremely helpful. we paid the extra 12 euros for breakfast which is definitely worth it if you are a breakfast person. Rooms are nice, not fancy but comfy. Quiet, pretty nice restaurants in the area.

Good hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member JFrancois

Hotel Condado is a 3 star hotel located in a area frequented by the local residents. 2 metro station are nearby (Diagonal and Gracia) plus lots of coffee shops on Traversia de Gracia (street) for you to have breakfast (that's if you decide to skip on the 12 euros/pers breakfast and you should). Free internet + excellent available staff that speak catalan, calistan (spanish) and english (one guy spoke french). Clean rooms, elevators, newspaper...this is a great place to stay in Barcelona

The weird part is that there's no alarm clock in any room! Strange for a 3 star hotel...So bring your own and don't forget your watch.

Buen viaje!

good hotel, location needs a bit of research

by TripAdvisor Member fatlip13

the hotel was perfect for what we needed. clean beds with ample wardrobe space and nice bathroom(shower).
we stayed in the front of the hotel and never heard the disco across the road and we were on the 1st floor.
number 58 bus drops off across the road and picks up on the street running parellel behind the hotel, this takes you to playa de catalunya. from there the shopping and the ramblas are short walks. went to the hard rock cafe for food and was very enjoyable, not high class eating but very nice.
if you stay at the condado please research were you want to go and see before you come to barcelona as there is so much to see. get yourself a plan and what you intend to see each day

Will Definitely Return!!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelsnob_68

Reading previous reviews, it absolutely amazes me how we (Americans) need so much space. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. The problem is that Americans are used to living in excess. With that said, I wouldn't suggest a family of 4 stay in the room that I stayed in (607).

The lobby is quiet with lots of conversation areas. There are free soft drinks and water in the lobby as well as on every floor. There is free Wi-fi (in the lobby) and free internet in your room. Hint- if you ask for a lower floor, you can pick up the Wi-fi signal. The staff is amazingly nice and helpful.

My room was clean and enough space for myself and one other person. The bathroom was very nice. Overall, my room was very comfortable and I looked forward to getting back to my space after my long days out. The only downfall is the television. I would suggest to the hotel to upgrade their satelitte service. I got a little tired of CNN and BBC (the only english speaking stations).

Not sure where the previous reviewers have been in Europe, but everywhere I have been, walking is a necessity. This hotel is pretty accessible to everything (15-min walk max). If you are like me and need certain things from home, like my morning Starbucks, there is one a block away. I enjoyed my morning coffee with my walk through the streets.

Lastly, the only other thing that I can think of as a downfall would be the breakfast. I did venture downstairs to have breakfast one day and after giving it the once over, I decided my Starbucks would suffice.

this is good "value for the price" hotel

by TripAdvisor Member raxs

After reading the reviews and checking out the different means of transportation in the area my husband & I decided to give the hotel a try. And we were not disappointed. The 58 bus runs up the street and down on the street behind to take us to the touristy and at night noisy part of town.
The hotel is modern, clean, the room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The double paned windows provide quiet rest. There are two elevators and a refrigerator with complimentary water, sodas & non-alcoholic beer in every floor.
The breakfast was pricey but there are at least 4 places closeby that offer breakfast- and a great way to experience the untouristy Barcelona.
Getting back to our room after the Flamenco Show ended meant just crossing the street, while others waited for cabs (in the rain).
There is plenty of reading material and a computer for public use in the lobby floor.
And across the street there is a modern super market to provide for any need and even Spanish food products to bring home at regular- not touristy prices.
So we were very pleased with the choice.

Hotel CondadoHotel Condado

Appartments in Barcelona

by clarita81

Hello!

We are 4 persons, looking for booking an appartment in Barcelona at the beginning of August.Can somenone pls recommend me some good places?
Thank you all!

Re: Appartments in Barcelona

by yma123

we are staying in Gracia - which we have been told is the best play to stay (anyone?) well we have been told that this is safer than Las Ramblas and that its hipper!

we are staying at Hotel Condado (its rated #38 of 456 )

- we got 2 rooms as there are 5 of us...

I hope his helps
amy

Re: Appartments in Barcelona

by annamas

Hi, if you are interested in apartments rentals for short stays, you should have a quick look on www.top-barcelona-apartments.com to see their availabilities and prices. You may find good last minute deals according to your requested dates.
Have a good trip ;)