C/ Sicilia 166-170, & Ausias March 113-115, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08013, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• not so confortel

The exchange rate from pounds sterling to euros was pretty bad when I went to Barca in May 08, which had an impact on my opinion. The hotel is quite clean looking.. but I found mouse droppings in my room stuck to the bedsheets - which could be the laundry or the hotel. Our room was internal, so the window opened into a covered space inside the hotel. This air was not fresh it is recycled if that, so we found this uncomfortable especially at night. Between certain hours in the night, the lights are turned off in the hotel, so if you are new there or elderly, the lights don't work if you need to get up in the night. We were there for four nights and I sorely missed room service ("we don't do room service") and tea/coffee making facilities - one of the local bars does tea/coffee to go, but its not convenient, and the bar downstairs was hardly ever open - even then you would have to collect yourself. The breakfast was 15 euros each per day on top of the bill, which equates to about £15 at the moment. The mini-bar is free, brace yourself, unknown brand no-alcohol beer (two mini bottles), coca cola and some water (all mini-bottles). You can't physically swim in the pool its only about 5 metres long, still good for a dip on a hot day. However, all the above taken into account, I loved Barcelona and would go back like a shot.

Unique Quality: The roof was great to sit out and sunbathe or chill and the location of the hotel was good.

Directions: not far from the bus and train station.

More about Confortel Auditori

Great and surprising hotel

by TripAdvisor Member amirp

We spend the first week in our honeymoon in Barcelona Confortel Auditori Hotel,
Really great and surprising hotel , we really enjoyed the Breakfast , the free minibar and the Free internet site in the lobby that was very useful.

The Hotel is located 15 min walking from Catalonia square and 2 min from metro station, (if you are looking for night life its better to stay in the Ramblas area or using a taxi that cost 5-10e).

A very nice hotel indeed

by TripAdvisor Member amberemma

The Confortel Auditori is a very modern, spotlessly clean, beautifully designed hotel with friendly, helpful and efficient staff.
I used to work in the travel industry and have seen a lot of hotels and this one really does rate quite highly in my estimation.
The breakfast buffet is more than adequate with plenty of choice and unlimited supply of coffee or tea should you want it.
It is served in a pleasant area and has a very relaxed atmosphere. Even if I were travelling on my own I would have felt welcome here.
This is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a long time.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sapfo

We have just returned from a six-nights stay ay confortel auditori in Barcelona.
The hotel is great.The rooms are normal,not very big,not very small.They are extremely quiet.The are very clean also.So is the bathroom.THe min-bar also was an excellent idea after a hard day's walk around Barcelona!
We had booked breakfast in the price.It was delightful with a great variety.Very satisfied.Also there are 2 pc with internet all day and night long.
About the location,now.Although the hotel is not right in the heart of the Rambla(which is ok because rambla is a little tiring after a few days,there are so many places in barcelona much more interesting)it's an easy 15 minutes walk to there and a 10 minutes walk to Placa Catalunya,where is the heart of the city and the center of every metro and bus station.Also from the hotel its another 15 minutes walk to the Sagrada Familia,in the north side.If you dont like to walk then you can take the metro from the station Arc de Triumph which is a 5-7 minutes walk from the hotel.Also there is a bus station just outside the hotel where you can take bus number 54. Tip: if you want to visit the stadium Camp Nou,take the bus 54,it will leave you just outside.
Although i would recommend to everyone to walk all over the city,night and day.There are so many beautiful places around that walking is always pleasant in barcelona.And if you cant walk,at least use the bus.With the metro you loose everything.
Another last tip is to visit the Sagrada by night,its amazing,Pay attention,it is lightened until 00:00,then they are off.
Overall i would definitely go back to confortel auditori and definitely visit Barcelona again.It is a beautiful place

Very good facilities but location not so great

by TripAdvisor Member lk2001

We booked three nights (tues - thurs) at the Confortel Auditori via Experia. It was reasonably priced midweek, however there was a steep climb in price for Friday night so we decided to move to a cheaper, more central hotel on Friday.

The receptionist was extremely polite and welcoming and spoke excellent English, however the information about breakfast was a little misleading. The receptionist gave the impression we could just wander downstairs without booking. We did, the following morning, and were told that we couldn't have breakfast. So if you do want breakfast remember to book the night before.

The room was spotless, modern and the complimentary minibar with Coke, water, juice and beer was restocked daily. The air conditioning was very efficient and cooled the room to a comfortable temp within the hour. The bed was slightly hard, but apart from that the facilities and housekeeping were excellent.

Only problem with this hotel is the location. After spending a day rambling around Barcelona, the last thing you want to do is have a mile or so walk back the hotel. With hindsight we should have made better use of the excellent Metro system. There are a couple of restaurants nearby, although you miss the atmosphere of the Ramblas.

I would recommend staying in this hotel.

Fantastic hotel. spotless throughout, cant wait to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member Rossi_05

We stayed at the Confortel Auditori from the 8th-11th June. There were 10 guys in our party (we were in Barcelona for the Moto GP) and couldnt have been made more welcome. We arrived at midnight on the 8th where we were met by english speaking staff. Check in was a breeze and by 12.30 we were on our way to la ramblas for the first of many drinks.
Rooms were kept spotless with fresh towels etc every day.
The hotel also provided a free mini bar in the room which included 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of cocacola, 2 bottles of fruit juice and 2 bottles of beer! This was a godsend after a heavy night.
There is free internet/ satelite TV in the beautifully air conditioned lobby with a bar.
There is a tiny swimming pool on the roof which was a tight squeeze but a lifesaver after all day at the Circuit De Catalunya in 36 degree heat!!
If your stay is longer there is also a fully quiped gym in basement.
Overall I cannot speak highly enough for the Auditori, clean, efficent, fantastic staff, great location. I will be visiting again before the end of the year with my wife.
Barcelona is also a fantastic city, so much to see and do (we didnt see half of it) I cant wait to return.

Great Hotel. Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member hlm1983

This hotel was great! Everyone was very helpful and the rooms are very modern and clean. The free mini-bar is a fab idea. Although the hotel is not right in the centre, everything is still within walking distance, it is worth walking becasue you get to see so much more. However, if you feel you dont want to walk then the arc de triomph metro station is very close by. The metros are very easy to use and La Rambla is only two stops away from arc de triomph.

We got a cheap flight from Ryan Air which took us to Girona Airport, we then got the barcelona bus to the bus station-you can see the hotel from the front of the bus station (just make sure you come out the right door otherwise you wont see it!) Overall, fantastic hotel for the price, very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any looking at it.

Loved it even tho...

by TripAdvisor Member marre5

my fellow trip advisors certainly steered me to a great place! Loved decor, clean modern lines, location which was walking distance to Sagrada Familia and the Ramblas, the free internet in the lobby, and very pleasant and helpful staff. But had a number of problems: door difficult to lock and at one point would no longer open without a staff member there; safe didn't work; flood in room above us caused us to have to relocate to another room. Answer to everything was: we'll put you in another room. Well, as one who unpacks everything for a 4 day stay, I wasn't happy about repacking and unpacking and moving. Our friends in a neighboring room had a great time and no complaints.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Derohn

The hotel is great! We stayed there for 4 nights and the hotel was exactly as described...The rooms were nice and clean...The location was cool...The subway Arc de Triumf is right around the corner and 2 stops away from Catalunya, where La Rambla is.... Only thing that was weird is that the hotel didnt have wash cloths in the bathroom...Didnt know if that was a european thing or just a hotel thing, but we improvised and used the hand towels! I would recommend this hotel!

Good Hotel, Location a bit far

by TripAdvisor Member mkandfamily

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights during the first week of June, 2007. The hotel is relatively new and modern.
It is a bit expensive 139 Euro per night including breakfast.
A couple of important tips:
1. There are no smoking rooms - ask for one if you do not smoke.
2. There are rooms that face the street (very noisy) and there are rooms that face the interior (no view - and quite).
3. The minibar is free it has water and other drinks.
4. The pool is a joke - it is as big as a Jacuzzi.
5. The fitness center is very basically equipped.
6. Breakfast was adequate, a buffet that has no hot food. mainly cold meat, cheese, fruit, pastries, cold cereal etc..
7. If you bring a laptop, there is free wireless internet throughout the hotel, but be advised the line is very slow (about 50 Kb/s) analog modem speed.
8. Ask the staff to send you beach towels that you can use both on the roof solarium, or if you care to go to the beach (a goof idea!).
9. The water pressure and hot water are good, the mirror was cool – it has a heating element that makes sure that it does not get covered in fog.

The room size is typical European - a bit on the small size, but big enough. The bathroom had a peculiar shower stall that while taking a shower there was no way from avoiding soaking the bathroom floor - an obvious design flaw. There is a safety deposit box in the room, but note that it is not connected to the wall - someone can just take the safe away (another design flaw).

The receptionists we talked to were polite but not very efficient and didn’t know English well.

Location: It is located near the Arc de Triumf. It is about a 20-25 minute walk from the Sagrada Familia and the Ramblas. The metro is nearby if you prefer to use it.
We took the taxi to every location we needed.

I recommend this Hotel after saying all the above.

Fira Palace or Confortel Auditori?

by tuanbert2

Any comments about these hotels is appreciated

by Maxus

A work colleague stayed at the Auditori a few weeks ago and thoroughly recommends it, there are numerous independent reviews of both these places on the net and they are largely very positive.

Hi,

The Fira Palace is 4-star and close to Montjuic-Park, within walking distance to the Metro, whereas Auditori Conforthotel is close to Barcelona Harbour, i. e. somewhat less central and to my knowledge 3-star.
I've stayed at the Fira several times and do recommend it.

by Belsaita

WStat, I guess you're confusing this hotel with another one. Confortel Auditori is very centrally located, not near the harbour, but in Eixample Dreta area. It's about 20 min walking to Plaça Catalunya (at top of Las Ramblas) or Passeig de Gracia. I can't talk about other aspects (never needed to use a hotel in Barcelona) but if only per location, the CH Auditori clearly wins

Hi Isa,

thanks a lot for your comment:
You are perfectly right, I forgot to mention, that I was talking about the "Olimpic" Harbour and that Confortel Auditori is also close to the Ramblas.The Hotel says in its self-description: ..."Modern six-floor hotel situated 400 metres from Barcelona’s Olympic harbour and 700 metres from the bustle of Las Ramblas."
So, maybe, both of us are right to a certain extent. As mentioned, I stayed several times in the Fira-Palace and appreciated its comfortable position!
All the best and greetings!

just for info:

by Belsaita

heheeh yes it looks we both were right! I was thinking about the "real" harbour that would be really out of the way. I still like more the area near Auditori, but probably just because I live not very far away ;))

Comments