Passeig de Gracia 29, Barcelona, 08007, Spain
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Barcelona

Park Guell: Once deserted - now packed dailyPark Guell: Once deserted - now packed daily

Casa Mila's LobbyCasa Mila's Lobby

CASA RITA restaurant in CastelldefelsCASA RITA restaurant in Castelldefels

beautiful windowsbeautiful windows

Weekend Away For Couple

by marilynmondoe

my husband and i need ideas of areas to stay ?(3 kids so haven't been on our own holiday for 5 years!!!! can't wait)
need basic hotel close to some gorgeous bars and restaurants , we also like vintage clothes/furniture shopping in day?. Any ideas would be wondeful as we need to cram in as much fun as possible for a long awaited weekend.
thanks

by rkearns

just one weekend?? cram it in!! some other VT'ers can give you better tips but if you stay right on las ramblas, you will have many opportunities for shopping and be close to a lot of fun stuff.
what is your budget? that's going to help in deciding on where to stay.

by Belsaita

Can't help about hotels (living in Barcelona, never used one), but staying near Las Ramblas (honestly, I would not like being just *on* Las Ramblas) you will have most sights and great shopping within walking distance. My recommendation for fist time visitors is staying as close as possible to Plaça de Catalunya (the very city centre and transport hub).

Plaça de Catalunya is very easy to reach form the airport using the Aerobus. From Plaça de Catalunya you can walk to the Old Town (Ramblas, Raval, Gotic, El Born) and in the opposite direction to Eixample, with the most famous Gaudi buildings and the "quintessential Barcelona" for us locals... any other sight or area is easy to reach by public transport.

"El Born" is part of the old town and it's plenty of funky shops and nice small restaurants and bars (to locate it on a map, this is where the Picasso Museum and Santa Maria del Mar church are... both higly reccomendable, BTW).

Vintage clothe's shops are not common here but you may find some in the upper Raval (streets near MACBA museum), this is another great area for dinning, even more "alternative".

Furniture shopping is not limited to an area. Around Barri Gotic (right side of Las Ramblas on a map) you'll find many antique's shops. Vinçon in Rambla de Catalunya (gorgeous avenue, not o be confused with Las Ramblas) is very expensive but it's a must-see for anyone liking decoration and home appliances' shop (if even for having a look at the shop itself).

Have fun!

by unaS

How basic a hotel do you want?
I stayed at a very decent 2* right next to Plaça de Catalunya that I can recommend.

The Hotel Urquiaona is clean, secure and pleasant.
Free computer in the lounge and free coffee.

Full details here:

by henry14

The Hotel Lloret at the top of the Ramblas is a decent 'basic' hotel (if that makes sense!) at reasonable prices: http://www.hlloret.com/

by jacquisuiza

I like this hotel

C/ Bruc, 33

About 5 minutes from Plaça Catalunya with Airport Bus and Metro Passeig de Gràcia.

I often went to Pintxos bascos Txapela for yummy tapas (pintxos) on Passeig de Gràcia.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Get to the airport early

by nyonnetti

I don't know if this is an everyday occurrence or not, but the airport in Barcelona, El Prat, was an absolute madhouse. We arrived about 1 hour and 45 minutes before our flight and waited about 1 hour 15 minutes just at the ticket counter. Than we waited another 20+ minutes in the customs line and almost missed our flight. We grabbed a flight attendant walking through customs and told him our flight was leaving in 10 minutes so he brought us up to the front of the line-otherwise we would've missed our flight. Thankfully we made it but I learned my lesson- arrive at least 2 if not 2.5 hours ahead of time.

I was astonished by the beauty...

by malejka

I was astonished by the beauty of the 'PALAU DE LA MUSICA CATALANA'. All those colours, I simply loved it!!!
Unfortunaletly you are not allowed to take pictures in the building. But of course you can buy postcards or books.

Cervaseria Catalana

by Danalia

Cerveseria Catalana is a bar where you can find a big range of beer from all over the world .
The place also serve Tapas that defiantly worth trying it.
The bar is open from Monday till friday between 08:00AM - 01:30AM
and from Saturday - Sunday from 09:00AM - 01:30AM

Add: Calle Mallorca 236

At the Nou Camp

by Rahel

I couldn't watch a game of Kluivert and Co., but still the empty stadium is massive. In Switzerland sport arenas aren't that big, so I was stunned when I entered.
The exhibition with pics and everything from the past is interesting and well done also. If you know football a little bit (and I just know it a little bit because of my father and my brothers - you understand), it's fun to wald around and see some familiar faces.

Interested in seeing a quiet...

by greenfalcon7

Interested in seeing a quiet town? Visit Masnou...it's a sleepy little town on the outskirts of Barcelona. My grandparents' used to have a summer home there and it's always been a favourite of mine. There's a small beach and restaurants in the port area.

But the main attraction for me is walking the rough and dusty streets and imagine yourself back in the past. You might find a bakery along your way and get a chance to sample some pastries or cookies.

Masnou is easily accessible by train from Barcelona and directions are easily obtained. You can get the RENFE trains from Plaza Catalunya. The train ride is nice too, as you get to pass by a bunch of coastal villages on your 1 hour ride.

Comments