Calle Carme, 10, Barcelona, 08001, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Very very nice

The place was well maintained. For the price of a room, u get an entire apartment. You can cook ur own food so that helps in cutting down expenses on eating out. Also there is a supermarket right next door so u can stack up on supplies. The wifi connection is really good. It is centrally located ( a few mins walk from the nearest train station)

More about Barcelona

A great walkA great walk

La Seu CathedralLa Seu Cathedral

Temple Expiatori del Sagrat CorTemple Expiatori del Sagrat Cor

under constructionunder construction

Eixample Area

by gaulinlin

My 1st apartment rental choice may have to be changed. An apartment that I was considering is directly next to the Sagrada Familia. Is this a safe location for one traveling with children? How long would it take to walk to the Ramblas area??? Thanks for any help

by virtualpatrick

I feel that it's a long-ish walk for pre-teens from Sagrada Familia to Ramblas.
Better off taking the fast efficient, Metro / Subway which has a stop at Sagrada Familia.

I stayed at a hotel this spring a few blocks from Sagrada Familia (SF). Lots of places to eat within 1 to 2 blocks surrounding SF. Although I would have prefered a more cental location near Universitat & Catalunya Metro stops which I stayed several days before, I found I took the metro to go anywhere. Most tourist spots are within 4 metro stops with maybe 1 transfer depending on where you're going.

Have fun in my favorite European city.

by Belsaita

Sagrada Familia is a very nice and safe residential area, but as others said not that central. The public transport is excellent indeed, and some of my friends do stay in that area always when visiting Barcelona as they prefer being not in the ultra-touristy city centre.

BTW, don't spend much time in Las Ramblas.... walk them once (as I guess any visitor must "do" it...) and save your holiday time for the real Barcelona.

by BarcelonaB

Sagrada Familia area is much quieter than the Ramblas, but I would get on the metro to get to the center, which would take maybe 10 mins. You are likely to have complaints about sore feet if you try to walk everywhere from here!
Regarding safety, it is a pretty quiet, nice area, but watch out for pickpockets outside the Sagrada Familia church itself.

If you have kids, maybe you should consider an apartment a little closer to the center, such as in the raval or gothic area. Here you are nearer most of the attractions, and well connected by public transport to get to the ones further away. Try looking here: www.apartime.com

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Barcelona Art

by karenincalifornia

Barcelona is known for its creative art, sculptures and architecture. Walking around Barcelona is like visiting a museum in and of itself. The more outlandish the better. I don't think I would want to be standing underneath this architectural wonder during an earthquake.

MONTJUIC

by parsix

The mountain of Mountjuic is the green area of Barcelona. You will find parks, pavilions, and sport stadiums. High in the mountain the Olympic facilities from 1992 are located.

In my opinion you will find the best views from the city here. If you like Miro, don't forget to vist Fundacion Joan Miro.

Restaurant behaviour

by rsilva

Lunch and dinner in Spain usually starts later that in the rest of Europe.
Most people will have lunch from 14.00 to 16.00 and dinner from 21.00 to 23.30.

One thing that we noticed is that you are usually rushed in the restaurant.
Most of the time the waiter will come and take your order just a minute after you receive the menu, then if you order appetizers and main courses often you get one before finishing the other.
Then you are rushed into ordering desert and/or coffee... and you might or not be given the bill.
After that, however, the waiter will leave you alone for as long as you want. Often you would see people just talking after the desserts for more than an hour... strange.

Camp Nou

by ValbyDK

Even if there is no game, the Camp Nou is still worth a visit…

The stadium was built in 1957, and enlarged for the World Cup (1982) to 115000 spectators. Later, the standing places were transformed into seats. Today, Camp Nou is the largest stadium in Europe containing more than 98000 seats.

You can take a guided tour of the stadium and visit the Museu FC Barcelona, the dressing rooms, the director's box, the pitch - and the FCBotiga Megastore with a lot of official FC Barcelona merchandise.

No tours on match days.…

Hard Pepe's Bar

by lolitajane

This is a story I wanted to share with all of you...After the Pearl Jam's concert, my boyfriend, some friends & I wanted to have some drinks. Looking for an open bar we came across 'Pepe Bar', far from the city centre but don't remember where exactly (I know it's near La Zeleste (very well-known in Bcna.) Well, this bar was very small & there were very few people, but what catched my attention was that all the walls were covered with pictures, guitars & memorabilia from the best Rock N'Roll bands (Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Doors, Kiss, Creedence, Led Zeppelin, Dylan, etc..) I was terribly surprised & very excited, as there were in front of me, hanging on a wall, some of the Golden Discs the Rolling Stones were given at the beginning of their career.
But as I couldn't believe my eyes, I got close to every picture, guitar, signature and whatever there was, to find out at last that they were all fakes. You may wander what made me realize everything was a copy, well firstly, let's say that when time goes by white sheets turn yellow (there was a sheet of paper signed by Jim Morrison) and all the ones there were heavenly white!, and secondly, Hard Rock Cafe wouldn't let a small & suburban bar to have such a collection!
I have a very fond memory of that place!
Unfortunately I spent all my film at the concert, if not there would have been pics..

Comments