Fira Palace Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com CrownePlaza.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Timip2002's Profile Photo

Near Perfection

The overwhelming impression that the Fira Palace leaves is it's spaciousness. From the atrium to the bathrooms, there is ample room everywhere one goes. This is particularly unique for a European city hotel in my experience. The amenities are flawless from the comfortable pool, to the fragrant body wash in the indulging shower. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are beyond generous. The bathroom is more of a complex then a room, with separated compartments for the bathtub, shower, toilet and sink facilities, each elegantly covered in marble. Every detail from the sheets to the warm bathroom floors is impeccable. The service is prompt and attentive, yet never intrusive. I also love the location. Being only a short walk to the Plaza de Espana with its world renowned fountain and so close to the Mont Juic area, the quiet side street location still lends itself to city exploration. This hotel is a guaranteed pleasure. Highly recommended.

More about Fira Palace Hotel

Fira-palace Hotel

by chorozoglu about Barcelona

Enjoy the biggest rooms in the city at the elegant Fira Palace located in the heart of Montjuïc, one of the most cultural and leisure area. The hotel blends expert service to provide guests with a memorable stay. Highly popular among business travellers because of its conference facilities and easy access to the Fair grounds of Plaza de España. Free Internet access available for 30 minutes everyday with your personal laptop (Wifi) or using the Internet Point located in the lobby.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member American-n-Germany

We actually booked this hotel prior to getting on the plane. The hotel is really nice and the front desk very friendly and helpful. We stayed three nights and had a great time. The rooms are fairly spacious and the breakfast was great however lunch and dinner was not that good (only ate lunch and dinner there once). Not a lot to do right around the hotel but a short walk up the street (five minute or so) you can catch a city tour bus and there is a metro station. Since I enjoyed my stay at the Fira Palace, I would recommend it if you were visiting Barcelona.

Good choice in Barcelona

by TripAdvisor Member Sunman239

Fira Palace is in a pleasant area adjacent to congress, the magic fountains and Spanish Village. The Metro station at Espanya is about 7 mins walk, and 4 stops to Old town areas. It caters for a mix of business clients, airline crews and freetimers.

Hotel has large public areas and good size bedrooms with marble bathrooms. Our bathroom, in a standard room, had a seperate shower cubicle, and another containing toilet and bidet. Twin wash basins.

Decor of good quality, though nearing time for refurbishment/ update.

Breakfast buffet was very good with hot and cold choices, and genuine freshly squeezed orange juice.

All in all a good choice and we would go again.

Friendly & at the same time a professional atmosphere

Fira Palace is within walking distance of everything, close to the magic fountains, Spanish Village & old town areas. We walked everywhere & rarely took a taxi, which by the way most of the time stated that their A/C was broken.

We had a suite it was spacious, with a large living room TV in both bedroom & living room. Our bathroom had a separate shower cubicle, and another containing toilet & bidet, twin wash basins.

Breakfast buffet was excellent with hot and cold choices, fresh fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice. I specially loved the salmon & “jamon Serrano”

Friendly & at the same time a professional atmosphere, very helpful personnel. Housekeeping always did an excellent job, not only with the room but also with our laundry.

I called the bar a few times to have the same chocolate desert, to be served in our room at 10:30pm.

My husband, son & I enjoyed our stay & would surely go back if the opportunity becomes available again.

They were even more helpful when I had an accident 1/2 a block from the Hotel, this was on the last day of our stay, the Mgr. rushed to see what he could do to help & went looking for my husband who was attending a business seminar in one of the conference rooms, had a taxi waiting for him to go to meet me & pick up our son at the hospital. At 10:30pm when I got back I had a delicious dinner, along with desert served in our suite.

Fabulous Fira

Stayed here on 26/03/05 - what a room! Living/T.V. room; desk/lounge area; balcony with table & chairs; slide doors to bedroom (big double-bed); bathroom area with shower room and bathroom with shower & toilet; 2 sets of bathrobes & slippers. Quality room which was actually the cheapest of my euro trip which involved 4 hotels in 6 nights! The area is lovely (beside the Royal Palace) and a little quieter. It is convenient to the metro line and taxis appear to reasonable.

However, I originally booked the hotel as we were flying from Paris to Barcelona with Ryanair & its direct bus from Girona Airport landed behind the hotel BUT since my booking the bus stop is now situated at Gare du Nord which is a lot further away (but easily accessible by metro or taxi).

The other downside was that a smell was present from the toilet (not us!) & it was not flushing properly. We alerted the reception desk who did not appear to do anything about the dodgy toilet system. We were lucky we experienced the sweet smell of success with the rest of the room. Still 5 stars.

An excellent holiday but some draw backs to the hotel

Just returned back from a five night stay on 27/04/05. The weather was better than expected and getting warmer by the day. I almost nearly hired a car for the freedom to travel around Barcelona, but trust me you wont need it. Barcelona has an excellent public transport system, an underground similar to London but with air-conditioned trains. Taxis are easy to get hold of and reasonably cheap, buses are also quick and easy. i purchased a 5 day travel card which allows you access to both metro and buses. Driving in Barcelona is organised chaos.

The hotel was overall impressive, large sized rooms, ellegantly decorated and furnished throughout. The bathroom was also spacious but accommodated a foul smell protruding from the sink drainage, to reduce this ensure to use the sink plugs at all times when sinks not in use. The smell of sewer drainage is common around Barcelona and goes unnoticed by locals, so it is pointless complaining about it.

House keeping as hardworking as they are were a little too helpfull, each time i returned in the evening i found the room spotlessly clean but also my personal items re-arranged and packed away, everything from shoes to bus tickets and toileteries, leaving me the eery feeling my mother had been around - very annoying.

The rooms are sound-proofed by what seems like cardboard, noises from the room next door could be heard loudly and each morning i would be woken up by a tremendous thud against my headboard- i later discovered this was house keeping next door re-arranging the bed. To avoid this try and be up before the neighbours so they get the wake up call instead of you.

The food was average but priced way above, i would reconmend local restaraunts away from the tourist areas such as La Rambla.

Avoid at all costs!!

Stayed at this hotel for a short duration, nice enough from the outside, with a pleasant reception area.
During my 2nd full day there, I was accused of stealing from another guest.
The hotel staff had received a delivery from a courier but could not tell me when/where this had occured as they do not have a policy whereby deliveries are signed for, and they subsequently invented a story whereby it was claimed that the item had been delivered to my room, even though it clearly had not.
Returning to my room, it became clear that the hotel staff had provided the other guest with my room number, as the room had been trashed by the said guest. My door had been kicked from it's hinges, my personal belongs had been thrown around the room, and several items stolen from the room. The hotel staff state that they saw and heard nothing, to which I replied "I'm just glad that there wasn't a lone female in the room, the consequences could have been far worse".
Since returning to the UK, I have tried unsuccessfully to close the matter. My emails to them are generally ignored, and they only ever make contact saying they've had problems with their computer systems. Please take my advice: AVOID STAYING AT THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!

Great for business

There on business for 3 nights, found the staff friendly and accomodating, however I arrived there at about 10:30pm only to be wrongly advised that the room service had finished for the night, but that meant that I went out of the hotel to find somewhere to eat, only to discover the fantastic dancing fountains, thank you the hotel staff.
Other than the wrong advice I found the hotel brilliant, with excellent dining and conference facilities, and bar that will stay open all night....hick...
As for location, the hotel isn't in the best part of the city, but the city is only a 5 - 10 min walk, which was very refreshing to do after spending the day in conference.

New Years Eve 05

by 1IJ

Two couples(in mid 40's) arriving for new yrs weekend need ideas where to be new years eve,looking for resturants/bars,have been told harbour is promising any ideas?. Our hotel is "Fira Palace C.de Lleida".

by winnie_347

You will stay in Lleida in new years eve at night? Or in barcelona?
good restaurant in lleida:
restaurant El Sauce, ubicat a l’hotel Condes de Urgel. Avinguda de Barcelona, 21 · 25001 Lleida / Telf. 34 973 202 300

EL PETIT CATALÀ · Camí Vell d’Alpicat · 25110 Alpicat / Telf. 973 736 405
/ www.petitcatala.com

IN BARCELONA:

Tenorio
Telirium
Citrus
La Camarassa
...

places you can go to dance:

sala bikini
sutton the club
luz de gas
the elephant

by winnie_347

Sorry, I think you will stay in Lleida ( Lleida is a village), but Now I understand that you will stay at lleida street in BCN.
Your hotel is close to some theaters.
there are a lot good restaurants in bcn, but if you will dinner in new years eve, you have to book it before your arrival.

by Boobooandjenny

So funny, I just posted the same question seconds ago.

Comments