Granados 83

Enrique Granados 83, (Formerly Hotel Factory), Barcelona, Catalonia, 8008, Spain

Hotel Granados 83
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• DanielF's Profile Photo

Internationally Hip

The newest addition to the Derby hotel chain is rather inspired by the Urban Hotel (one of the hippest in Madrid) than by the Claris (an older and luxurious hotel of the same chain in Barcelona).

The owner of Derby hotels is a philantropist, founder of the Museum of Egyptian Art, and a dedicated art collector. This passion for art and antiques is reflected in all the Derby hotels, as most of the rooms are decorated with some work of art from anywhere in the world.

The Hotel Granados 83 is a great choice for those who look for fancy, juvenile and cosmopolitan places to stay. However, those who prefer places with local character or a homey-comfy atmosphere should look elsewhere.

Unique Quality: The esthetic appeal of the Madrid Urban Hotel is almost replicated in the Granados 83, but here in a smaller and somewhat "cheaper" scale. Although the façade of the building has been respected to blend in with the adjoining constructions of this area of the Eixample, expect to find red travertine marble in the lobby, which combined with brick, iron, glass and steel, and thanks to the dramatic lighting, creates a sophisticated and modern atmosphere.

The panoramic lifts will take you to your room, which will be dimly lit (through the Lutron system), will have wooden floors, iron panels, leather furniture, thick courtains and state-of-the-art amenities.

There are also two fancy bars, one by the roof-top pool and another in the lobby, as well as a back terrasse where you can have dinner al fresco and enjoy the excellent and innovative cuisine of the hotel.

Directions: In one of the nicest areas of the Eixample, very centrally located and within walking distance to great shopping and sightseeing.

More about Granados 83

Fabulous Location, Chic Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member jack06

Hotel Granados 83 is in an excellent location, about a 10 minute walk from Las Ramblas.

The hotel is very chic. The rooms also have fabulous electronic blinds that convert the room into total darkness (great for afternoon siesta).

Some nice touches, such a bottle of water and chocolates left in our room on the first night. Also every evening around 6pm, 2 bottles of "red iced tea" were delivered to the room.

Upon returning in the early evening, our bed had always been remade, and a quick refresh of the room had been done.

Several nice bars in the hotel. Try the Bar on Level A, where you can sip your drinks next to the pool.

Staff very helpful, with regard to booking taxis, making phone calls to restaurants etc.

There are numerous cafes and restaurants only metres from the hotel.

Would definetly stay here again.

For a great seafood lunch in the sun at the beach, try Can Majo.

Great Stylish Little Hotel, Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member karl_H11

83 Granados is a modern little hotel close to the metro, easy to walk to various tourist attractions (Gaudi buildings, shopping, restaurants) or a quick taxi ride to your destination. Traveling alone, I opted for a single room. It was clean and had all of the conveniences I could need (complimentary in-room internet access, a desk, plasma tv), soaking tub with a rain head shower, tasteful contemporary plumbing fixtures, natural stone bathroom and hardwood floors in the sleeping area. The room that I had did not have a view, which was slightly disappointing (there was a view, but it looked into the hotel lobby), but the room was tasteful enough that it really didn't make a difference. The bed was small, for one person, but I was fine with that as I was alone. However, not all single rooms have small beds. I changed to another single the following day and it had a larger bed. The room still had a view of the lobby, but cest la vie. The halogen room lights are on dimmers, so you can adjust the lighting to your liking. A nice touch in my opinion. The lobby is comfortable and inviting. I apologize that I didn't take pictures. It has a casual lounge feel that I found appealing. You can relax there with a drink while enjoying a book or chatting with friends. There's a small, quiet bar adjacent to the lobby where I enjoyed a cocktail while chatting with the bartender, a very personable young woman from Barcelona. Evidently there is a restaurant at the hotel, but unfortunately I didn't have time to visit it. If I was to stay at this hotel again, I would look at several rooms before making a final selection. My friends, who also had booked a room at the hotel, had a double room which had a lovely view overlooking the hotel's outdoor deck and swimming pool. The patio door opened up so they were able to enjoy fresh air and the pleasant view. Well worth the extra 60-80 Euros if you ask me. I also suggest not staying in the wing of the hotel where the freight elevator is. There was a quite a bit of noise from it as I would hear the bellmen wheeling guest's luggage down the tile hallway. My other complaint about my visit is that the cleaning people are really quite noisy. I was awakened two mornings in a row at 7:30 AM by the cleaning crew having loud and lively conversations in the hallways. It was beyond irritating, especially since I am not an early riser. All in all I think Granados 83 offers good value for the money in a stylish, modern setting. The entire staff was friendly and helpful and it's a quick taxi ride from the airport (it took me about 20-25 minutes with moderate traffic). I'd definitely consider staying here again, but I would ask that the cleaning people be more respectful of guests that don't wake up early.

sexy rooms and good breakfast...a few more things and it would be perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Jackler

Beautifully designed hotel and fabulous breakfast. They showed us the suites and they are beautiful. Would want to splurge on those next time. They made good restaurant recommendations. We loved the location. Immaculately kept.

The staff were fairly helpful, but not much as I expect from a hotel of that rating. We booked through a promotion so we were given a room with no exterior windows which was disappointing. We also wish they had an arrangement with a gym in the area.

Would stay again though, but would request a different room.

great spot cool as.....

by TripAdvisor Member willking46

just comeback from a midweek break in barcelona,fantastic time the hotel was perfectly placed,the rooms are very nice, great decor,cool bathroom and very clean,service in the hotel excellent,looking forward to returning in September.

Can't wait to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member skaur

WOW - what a fab hotel. Funky , stylish and incredibly comfy. The staff were super friendly - couldnt have done more to make our stay any better. location was great, close enough to the hub of the city and far away enough from the noise. will definatly be going back and highly recommend this hotel.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member AlScotland

Spent ages deciding on which hotel to stay in on my first trip to Barca. I could'nt have picked a better one.Great location, close enough to everything yet in a quiet picturesque spot. Theres a great little trendy Italian just down from the hotel. No problem walking around this area even late at night.Just perfect. The police station is about 100m away on the same street anyway.. The hotel is really cool and clean and has a really chilled atmosphere about it.. Staff very friendly. Soundproofing seems good as well. We had people either side and never heard them once. My only gripe about the hotel is the price of the drink. The rooftop terrace is great and is georgeous at night but the drink is very expensive so not alot of poeple drank there witch is a shame. When I go back to Bara I'll be staying in the same place.AAA++++

Really enjoyed this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GranadaHills2005

I really liked this hotel it is very modern and the staff is very helpfull and they speak english very well. My only small problem was that after 9AM is a bit noisy as you can hear people walking around as it is all hard wood floors. I traveled alone so it was fine that the bathroom doors are all glass, meaning if there is somebody there w/ you they can see you using the bathroom or taking a shower.
The breakfast is great and loved their sangria.

A work of art!

by TripAdvisor Member MartinChambers

I wasn't surprised this hotel has been included at number 2 in the Daily Telegraph's top 5 Barcelona hotels. The staff are friendly, the interior is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and spotlessly clean. The location is ideal, being a few minutes walk from Casa Mila and Passeig de Gracia.

There are bound to be some negatives. The wooden floors transmit shoe noise to the floor below and the hotel pointedly supplies slippers at the side of the bed each time the room is attended to (several times a day). The shower doors don't work and leave water on the floor every time. The buffet breakfast is a little pricey at 16 Euros. But on the other hand it includes different breads, pastries, meats, cheeses, fresh fruits, tea/coffee, a cooked menu and a delightful lady who plies you with delicious fresh orange juice - so we usually went for it. I think the price is not unusual for comparable hotels.

But these were minor issues for us. Overall, this was a hotel we always felt pleased and uplifted to return to. I would not hesitate to return, next time I go to this lovely city.

Nice hotel, but ....

by TripAdvisor Member cuerveins

I booked this hotel because of its appealing design, the very good location and a relatively fair price.

Now, rather than focussing on the experience of staying in the hotel (I will come to this later), let me briefly state something about how I would assess the quality of service, customer orientation and flexibility towards clients needs.

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, and I booked 2 nights in advance of the supposed arrival. Now, at the day of arrival it became evident that we would not be able to get to BCN. After calling the hotel to cancel the reservation, they politely informed me that I would have to pay EUR 1,500 for all 3 nights. Why? Because I oversaw someting in the booking: the cancellation policy for the first 2 nights was 24h, but for the 3rd night 7 (!) days. Now, how would you expect a quality hotel to respond to such a situation?
Of course, it is alwyas easy to hide beyond the customer´s stupidity - and of course it is my fault not having reviewed carefully the booking conditions. But on the other side I think it is fair to expect from a quality hotel that they have a sense for mistakes their customers can commit, that there is some common sense in not charging EUR 1,500 for services that were not provided, and not upset their customers by showing themselves as rigid as the worst public administration, and not aiming for cashing out twice on the same room, they know will be empty. It would have been absolutely ok to chrge the first and may be even the second night. But for the 3rd night (which was by far the most expensive one) it simply does not seem to be fair.

So: I did not make it to enjoy this hotel. But I got a taste of what probably would expect me, if something else goes wrong. And as I said earlier: I think quality of service becomes evident when the unforeseen happens, when flexibility is required or a problem must be solved. In my case I can only say that I felt dissapointment as to how they dealt with my problem.

1-4 January 2008 some help

by ptitterington

Hello, I would appreciate some advice. I have booked a long weekend for myself and 4 friends from work, We have travelled to Krakow, Prague and Budapest the last few years basically limited by where we can book a budget flight to. This year Barcelona was suggested so we have booked flights. We would like to stay on Las Ramblas (Spelling?) in a good hotel probably 4 star and find somewhere to go-Kart on saturday 5th. Other than that it is just tourist stuff. Is the place closed down at this time after New Year as a few folk have said or will we find plenty to do.
Any tips much appreciated
Peter

by zuriga

If you want to stay in a four star hotel, there are better and much nicer areas to do that than Las Ramblas. I found that area interesting but not one I'd want to stay in. I'm sorry I don't have any names of hotels.. we had to stay far off near the Convention area, closer to the airport. Someone will come along with some good suggestions, or check the hotels mentioned on Trip Advisor or right here on VT. Barcelona is wonderful - you'll have a great time. Do take the Tourista bus lines which will take you everywhere.. hop off and on.

by frachal73

Some suggestions for nice 4-star hotels, but far from the (Ramblas) maddening crowd...

www.hotelcram.com

www.hotelomm.es

www.domusselecta.com (Hotel Granados 83)

by ptitterington

To be honest, we are hoping to be part of the maddening crowd and want to be on Ramblas!
Any thoughts
Cheers for the answers though.

by ptitterington

Tryp Apolo Hotel is a hotel that looks to be in the area we want, but I just cannot find a way to book direct and £65pppn at this time of year looks a lot. Really appreciate some pointers to correct rate for this area.
Peter

by Flashbcn

Hi firstly Barcelona never closes anymore...It really is a 24hr city! Especially at night. Anyway back to your query. I go recommend to a guy called Vincent who sources hotels he doesn´t charge you anything, so he might be worth a punt...he worked for us. I´m not sure whether this would break the virtualtourist rules but you can send him an email on vincent24506@gmail.com. As for go-Karting we used a company called lifestyle Barcelona who sorted everything out for us...well!I hope that this proves useful. It truly is an amazing city. Enjoy!

Comments