Moll de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08039, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Kaysta's Profile Photo

The luxury of Barcelona

What can i say? This hotel was stunning. On first arrival, my impressions weren't exactly 'wowed' in the reception as it were pretty basic, nothing too flashy. From the outside of the hotel it looked grand and i liked the fact that it was set back away from the busy streets of Barcalona and surrounded by the beautiful sea.

Once checked in, i went upto my room which was a suite. The bathroom was large with the jacuzzi bath, two sinks, then a glass door separated it by a large shower and toilet, which also had a phone in there too! It was finished to a high standard.

The sleeping area, held a very large bed, modern through out, with a tv which also had internet access, then led through to the lounge which were finished with a sofa and two chairs, with a LCD tv and mini bar. The lounge lead out to the balcony which had a breath taking view over the habour and barcalona. Beautiful.

They lobby area in the hotel were much more luxurious than the reception, on an even a gentleman would play piano or violin. There was a bath and restaurant and seating outside. I did eat at the restaurant one evening, it was a nice calm atmosphere and had your own waiter. It was a set menu and not much to choose from. The menu was a la carte and i'm not very fond of this style of food. For two starters, main and a few glasses of wine it cost around 110 Euros.

I also ate at the breakfast buffet one morning and enjoyed this much more. There was a large selection, including a bit of english breakfast to choose from. I even had a few glasses of champagne and strawberries. Tea and coffee was also available at your table. For this, including your drinks it was 39 Euros per person.

Unique Quality: At the top floor of the hotel, was a small gym and two Jaccuzzi's, outside was a very small swimming pool, you couldn't do much swimming in it. They also had sun loungers. The view from the top was lovely whilst over looking the habour and watching the cruise ships coming in at night.

The hotel also ran it's own taxi service in a Mercedes chauffer driven. It costs about 20 Euros more than a normal taxi, but it varies. Very nice if your going somewhere special for the evening.

Overall, the staff were very friendly and the luxury of the hotel were one of the best. If i could pick up this hotel and put it somewhere else, i would definately return.

• pladel's Profile Photo

Grand Marina Hotel

very luxorious and at a throw of stone from las ramblas. However, is in the docklands and there is nothing around. you need a taxi to give you a lift to the city center.

• fabulous fabulous fabulous

We had a fabulous time here - got a cheap deal off wotif and enjoyed every 5 star moment

only bad thing was that the staff's english is limited so you need to ensure that they understand exactly what you are asking for

Directions: 5 minute walk to the ramblas

• andres21st's Profile Photo

Hip techno & sweet

I have stayed here several times, it is a very hip, very modern, room size is dependent on rate, great design, but distant from the heart of Barcelone, 7 minutes walk at the port, but you don't stay here for tourism,but business; however, next door across the water is Mare Magnum, where the is a large seafood restaurent, their mussels are exceptional.

Unique Quality: Cruise ship dock alongside your room's windows, incredible

• Right on the water in Barcelona

This is a five star hotel and a short trip there was only possible by booking via the internet site "rates to go" which got us three nights for the price of one night normal rate. It was a special treat for my 40th birthday which my husband mentioned when booking the room and asking for one higher up (7th floor) to get the better views of the city (highly recommended). The hotel went one further and presented us with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine (in a bucket of ice, just like in the movies) and a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries. Our rate even included the amazing mile-long breakfast buffet which featured just about everything you could imagine wanting to eat for breakfast. I have never stayed in a five star hotel before so can't really compare it with anything but the views over Barcelona were fantastic and we reached the Ramblas in only 5 minutes by foot.

Unique Quality: Superb views over the city and the ocean - the Aida docked right next to our room one night if you like seeing ocean cruisers. The pool on the open roof area wasn't open in March when we went but is nothing to write home about, I couldn't actually imagine an adult fitting in it. There was a fitness room and a small sauna at the top as well but no "spa facilities" like you might imagine in a 5* hotel.

Directions: Right on the Marina, next to the Acquarium, under the cable car middle station.

• andres21st's Profile Photo

The hotel for Tech meetings

This hotel at the base of the pier across Mare Magnum, is THE hotel for high end or techy type of meetings. The crisp interior of the public spaces is offset by the maritime theme of the rooms. It is a little walk from the Ramblas, perfect for walking off dessert. Very chic staff and service

Directions: Port pier, base of Ramblas

• o_z_l_e_m's Profile Photo

At the heart of the city

It is a five star hotel and everything was okey during my stay. Hotel is near the Christophe Colomb statue, next to the famous street LA RAMBLA. So you could reach the centre of the city by walking. Rooms are very confartable. Every room has got air conditioner and TV, very clean and breakfast is filling.

• A Luxury Weekend

I'm from the UK and I stayed there with 5 other friends in the first weekend in July, and we got an unbelievable deal with Expedia including flights (300 GBP or $540 US). To top it all off, on arrival, as we were very early our rooms weren't ready. We would have been willing to wait and leave our bags and explore, but without hesitation they upgraded our standard rooms to an executive suite for 4 people and the other 2 who shared got an excecutive room. The views are fantastic, the service excellent - we got fresh fruit and water delivered daily. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are huge. The roof terrace is nice for sunbathing and watching the cruise ships. The only downside is that the pool is on the small side, so if you want to do lengths it is not really suitable. All in all though it is a great, contemporary style hotel, and so much the better if you can get a great half price deal!!

Unique Quality: The rooms - very luxurious and spacious. We sneaked a peek at the standard rooms and even they were extremely roomy too. Staff are very friendly and will help you with your bags, organising taxi's, bringing up champagne glasses etc!

More about Grand Marina Hotel

Wonderful hotel

My husband and I had a fabulous time at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel. What a great location! For our anniversary they provided a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The concierge picked out the best restaurants. My husband found the business center very helpful. The concierge even helped us out with a problem we had with our flight. We recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Barcelona.

Transportaion to/from airport

by ivi490

I booked a stay at Eurostars Grand Marina, I am taking the aerobus to Placa Cataluna and then L3 to Drassanes Station. Does this sound right? It looks like a really long walk from the station to Moll Barcelona. Any other suggestions? I don't want to take a taxi.

by Belsaita

Yes it's quite a walk, about 800mm from Drassanes to the hotel. There is a shuttle bus from Columbus statue to the cruise docks, but I don't think it stops near the hotel (the hotel is quite isolated, in the WTC complex)

Not less walking involved, but another option you can consider, especially in case you are arriving to T2 (or if you don't mind to take the free shuttle from T-1 to T-2): you can take the train from the airport to Passeig de Gracia and there change to Metro line 3. It will be much cheaper if you use a T-10 transport card (7.85€, 10 trips, you can use the rest of the trips to move around)

Re: Transportation to/from airport

by ivi490

I wished I had looked at the map closer before booking it. We are leaving on a cruise the next day, and it looks convenient for the cruise ship.
Yes, I think I am arriving at T2 as the flight is an Iberia flight from Madrid. I'll try your suggestion instead. Is the T10 good from the airport and can it be used by 2 people?
Thank you so much!

by Belsaita

Yes Iberia uses T2. The T-10 card can be used by 2 (or more) people: one person uses it, pass the turnstile, hand the card to the next one, etc. And it's valid for several months so you can use it on your return (in case you return back home from Barcelona)

The 2 options with public transport are OK (but long) only in case you do not carry much luggage. You will find stairs and corridors in the metro stations. In case your luggage is heavy o difficult to handle, better take a taxi

Have a great trip!

by ivi490

Thank you for all your information. You are a valuable asset to this website. I now think that I need to take a taxi since I will have luggage and elderly parents with me.

Comments