Avenida Bogatell 64-68, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08005, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Not too bad overall

Stayed from Aug 21-27. First thing that hit me when the taxi driver was looking for the place was that it is in the slums, as evidenced by graffiti on just about every wall or roll down metal shades (that all businesses in the area have) within a 4 block radius. By the way, take the train and metro to the hotel from the airport as the cab fare was quite expensive, unless I was jipped by the driver. I did not have euros yet and he charged me $55. The train/metro combo can get you there in about 1 hr for about 7 euros. Ok, back to the hotel. Once inside it was a nice looking building and the staff were friendly enough as were the housekeepers. The room was incredible small with the queen size bed allowing just enough room to slide into it. The bed was low to the ground and hard as a rock, as were the pillows. The bathroom was clean with marble counters and floors. The shower was covered with only a half glass and the shower head was hand held; the combination of these two shortcomings made it difficult to shower without flooding the floor. The walls were thin, so much so that you could here the neighbors walking, blowing their noses, etc. The TV was old, but effective I suppose, if you don't mind that the lowest volume still sounds very loud in the room especially late at night. Certainly cannot use it to fall asleep and I wondered if I was keeping people up and thus turned it off.

I checked out the pool and I have to say that it looks much nicer in the hotel picture. It is actually quite small and when I went up it was crowded with old people and kids in lounge chairs. Take the 10 minute walk to the beach if you want to get in the water. That is probably the best thing about the hotel (the beach is close by).

The hotel offers complimentary internet service, which is nice, but make sure to take your international power source as the hotel does not provide (you'll need it to charge you camera battery also). There is a battery charger for phones in the lobby for a small fee. There is also an office area that consists of 3 computers for guest use (free), but be prepared to wait on many ocassions for people who have no consideration for others who stay on for hours even when they see others waiting (and its not just the teens updating their facebook pages, but older folks doing who knows what).

Another plus is that there are two metro stations close by. One is Bogatell and it is literally a 5 min walk away going toward the back side of the hotel and the other, called Marina, is about 12 minutes away going down the main road. You can get anywhere in the city from these stops.

Although I mentioned earlier that the hotel is in the slums, I walked around late at night and had no problems and no one approached me for anything, so it was safe for me.

Overall I would recommend this hotle if you dont think you'll mind the numerous annoying things I just mentioned. I most likely will seek another hotel on my next trip (I like things a little more quiet and a comfortable bed with a full shower).

• Excellent value

This is a very good quality hotel with a relatively reasonable price. I would recommend it for everyone who do not mind using public transportation to see the city.

Pros: Excellent breakfast buffet, exceptionally clean, friendly staff, reasonable price
    Cons: 15 Euro extra charge for pool and spa, no complimentary shuttle service, fairly remote from main attractions

Unique Quality: Excellent breakfast, in some cases complimentary
    Exceptionally clean

Directions: Near Bogatell Metro station, close to the Port Olimpic

• Kevin&Donna's Profile Photo

Top quality - Low price

We stayed for a weekend in August 2005, we were overjoyed with the choise of hotel when we arrived. Exceptional service, cleanliness and amenities. would recommend hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Barcelona.

Directions: Adjacent to Olympic Village

More about H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel

H10 Marina: A good choice for us

I visited the H10 Marina in February 2004 with a group of friends. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. It is a little out of the main tourist area but access is very easy using the metro which is cheap and trains very frequent. It is well placed for the harbour area with some excellent restaurants. This is clearly a developing location with the inevitable building work, but this did not present any problems to us.
The hotel is new, bright and clean. Rooms were very light and of a good size, but we did have noisy neighbours! Staff were very polite and keen to assist however they could. We thought the H10 was good value for money but drinks from the bar were expensive. The breakfasts were superb with a great choice available. We would definitely return.

A really good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Clarington

I have just returned from a 3 day stay at the H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel. The hotel was in a very good location to see the sights and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, it offered very good value for money.

Between the town and the sea

by TripAdvisor Member Val6

After long hours of indecision about where best to be placed in the town, and after reading varied reviews of the H10 Marina - we decided it seemed a good location. It was excellent - 5 minutes to port olympic, the sea, restaurants and bars (although beware the clubby bars are v expensive) (Baha beach was reasonable and entertaining). We found a lovely restaurant on the top level of port olympic - v friendly and patronised by the locals. A 20 minute walk to Las Ramblas via Barri Gothic or just two blocks from the metro (bogatell) - about 5 minutes on the metro to town. Or a taxi only 2/3 euros to the port (which we did when it was raining. You can pick up the tourist bus by the port too. The hotel staff were v friendly, helpful, rooms really well decorated, the drinks in the bar were very reasonable for a 4* hotel.
The wine tasting is only once a month, so it would depend on when you go. We used the pool and jacuzzi, sauna one evening, when it was v heavy rain and we needed to warm up. All in all, would definitely go back there and would have rather been there than on the Ramblas.

The poorest customer service and satisfaction from a chain we used to rate highly

This Hotel is definately not one I would recommend. We arrived on Valentines weekend (after it being booked as a suprise getaway for my fiance - the only one we will have this year) only to find that the rooms on floor 5 (out of 10 floors) had apparently been flooded? ......within 10 minutes of getting there and waiting to check-in we were told there was no room for us in the H10 Marina what so ever, or any of the other 3 or 4 H10 hotels in Barcelona - without consultation the staff forced us into a taxi which they had called and we were carted off to some back street, lower class hotel..........for one night, we were given no choices or options and when we called the H10 hotel back to say we weren't happy in this other hotel they told us in short it was tough and there was nothing we could do about it and they were not willing to do anything else either. We stayed there, then the next day - Valentines morning we had to pack up our luggage and move back to the H10 for a nights stay there as they needed our room in this subsitute hotel for their own guests - transport had to be arrranged by ourselves. On a three day trip (our first to Barcelona) we did not expect the hotel to be so unaccomodating and rude to their customers. We later found out when checking out of the H10 that a couple behind us in the check-in queue were initally told the same as us about the supposed flood and no rooms available, however after kicking up a fuss were upgraded to a suite within the hotel for the whole weekend......we have since complained to the H10 Marina Hotel and the H10 chain and are still waiting 2 months later for any kind of reply. I would advise anyone who is thinking of staying at this hotel not to, there are plenty of places to stay in Barcelona and this is one that could afford to be missed. The staff are far from helpful - specifically the reception staff and customer satisfaction is obviously not a priority to them. I find this ever so disappointing as in the past on numerous occasions we have opted for a H10 chain hotel over others for their high standard of accomodation and customer service..........not any more.

Great Hotel - Would stay there again

Stayed at the H10 from Sat March 20th for 3 nights and found it very smart indeed, the room was very spacious and the bed was huge, the marble bathroom was superb with 2 power showers and a jacuzzi, very modern with chrome and glass fittings, rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday, the only problem we had with our room on the 9th floor was that the floor to ceiling windows (which were great letting in lots of natural daylight) didn't open at all for ventilation and we found the room stifling hot upon returning at the end of the day, and the air conditioning, we were informed by staff only blew out hot air, maybe it was the time of the year but wouldn't recommend our room during the hot summer months. We too experienced loud noise and nuisance late at night from the room next door, although this is hardly the fault of the hotel, we went and knocked ourselves and told them to keep it down, was shocked though when they answered the door -it was a room full of rough looking middle aged English women!! Breakfast was as reported - excellent - champagne and strawberries if you wanted it. Weather was T-shirt weather, nice and sunny although cool in the evenings, Barcelona was great, would recommend Creme Canela restaurant in street just off Ramblas Gothic quarter. We were worried about the location after reading other reviews but we thought the hotel location was OK, within 20/25 min walking distance for everything, metro 5 mins away, and taxis are cheap enough, if you want to stay in the centre of things then you make sure to book it, we had no problems with the location.
All-in-all we had a great break and would certainly stay at the H10 Marina if we ever return.

Oh, to see the sea !!

Having left the H10 after a 3 night stay I am still slightly perplexed as to how I should review the hotel and it's staff. The hotel is modern, clean and great for lovers of marble. It's location is somewhat bizarre. Don't be misled by the word "marina" featuring in the title.
It is a good 10 minute walk to the nearest beach and a view of the sea can only be gained from the highest vantage point in the hotel.
Although the Metro Bogatell is less than 5 minutes away the hotel's immediate environment is rather seedy and I wouldn't recommend coming back to the hotel in the evening by any other mode than taxi. Therein lies another problem. Getting a taxi to come to the hotel, anything like promptly, is a tricky task and hailing one in Barcelona to take you home can lead to lengthy discussions with the cab driver and several flicks thru his Barcelona A-Z. The hotel is simply not well known.The staff are generally very helpful. We had an initial problem with a room mix-up thru Expedia but that was resolved quietly and efficiently. The level of English spoken by the staff is excellent.The breakfasts are superb. The range and quality of the food is great and the buffet-style service allows you to really "chow-down" and prepare for the day ahead.The spa facilities are also well worth visiting. A small pool is complemented with a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and plunge pool. It is free to guests. The one complaint is that children under 16 are not allowed in. A strange anomaly in "child-friendly" Spain. The rooms are spacious and fully-equipped and the standard of cleanliness is high.Overall, it's a good choice of hotel but the location is its biggest downfall. However, taxis in Barcelona are cheap and plentiful so travel into and out of the hotel, although sometimes a wait, is not a huge problem.

GREAT HOTEL, BRILLIANT NIGHT LIFE!

This was an excellent hotel. Staff were friendly and helpfull. We were checked in promtly and efficiently. The rooms were a good size and spotlessley clean, with maid service every day.The breakfast was very good with a great choice of hot and cold buffett style food. The hotel was a short tax ride or good 15 minute walk into the Ramblas/Gothic areas. The walk was lovely and took you past some lovely buildings so well worth doing. The hotel was only a few minutes walk from the harbour area where there were loads of good restaurants, bars and clubs, which were open till 5am! I would recommend the Baji Beach Club (behind the Casino on the beach front) for a really great night out.
The entertainment here was fantastic, particularly for the girls!

I would say to women to be particularly vigilant at night as one of our group was the victim of an attempted hand-bag snatch and we heard of several others from women staying in our hotel! Don't walk, get a taxi!

I'd would strongly recommend the sightseeing Bus Tour which you can pick up from the end of Las Ramblas in the square. There are two tours and for 16 euros you can go on both of them and hop on and off the bus as you please.

I would certainly stay in this hotel again and would most likely take my family here too.

Barcelona was a great place

by juliewong

Hi,

I am planning a conference sometime this year. Can anyone help with some advice on locations as I have not step foot in Spain. I really need to find out which hotels that can provide good conference facilities. And they also have ample guest rooms at Euro 130-150 per night.

H10 marina - is this location good?

Un Saludo.
Julie

Re: Advice for selecting a conference hotel in Barcelona - preferably the city centre.

by sufr54

I would try the Accor hotel chain, most have conference rooms, but I do not know the size of your conference:

by Belsaita

H10 Marina is a nice hotel. The location is so-so, near Port Olimpic (marina with clubs and restaurants) but not much else.

ample guest rooms are not common here, well it all depends on your definition of "ample" of course.

On business meetings I used the conference facilities at the Claris (great hotel and great location, but I'm afraid more expensive than your budget... even you can ask anyway) and at one of the Apsis hotels (probably more affordable). Can't help more

by juliewong

Hi Belsata

Thanks for the advice. I will nevertheless contact Apsis and Claris Hotels. Have just got a quote from Fira Palace and a few others near Rambla area.

Comments