Via Laietana 24, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08003, Spain

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• clareabee's Profile Photo

Wonderful hotel

The hotel was in an excellent spot - not far from many of the sights - the harbour, born area and Gothic area were all within walking distance.
    We came for a romantic weekend and it fit the bill - yes rooms were not huge but they were modern and minimalist (which is what i like) with a huge bathroom with a fabulous double shower.
    For us girls the lighting in here was great to do your make up!
    breakfast was included and was delicious there was an excellent assortment of food including fresh fruit, juices, pastries, cheeses and hams as well as hot food.
    Staff here were lovely - a glass of cava on check in was a lovely touch and made guests feel special. Nothing was too much trouble and when my partner got food poisoning they really helped out.
    I would recommend this for couples/adults but don't think it is somewhere I would personally take children.

Unique Quality: there was a fabulous rooftop bar serving excellent cocktails, obviously this is open weather permitting.
    You can also buy snacks/tapas up here and easily spend a couple of hours, cocktail in hand on the sun loungers chilling out.
    The views from the bar are absolutely spectacular and worth booking this hotel for this reason along.
    It really is a special hotel for a romantic break away.

Directions: on a busy road not far from many areas!

• dRgonZo279's Profile Photo

Nice and friendly.

I can't really think of many things I could fault about my stay at H10 Montcada. Our check in was smooth and easy. I checked-in in Spanish and I think it maybe got me some brownie points because the girl at reception changed my original room number to a room on the top floor, which as it turned out was a pretty lucky break with the street noise and the rumble of the metro underneath the hotel. I was also pretty happy to accept their welcoming glass of cava after I'd checked in. A very nice touch, I thought. Like most places I've stayed in Spain, the bed was pretty rock solid which wasn't too great at 1st but you get used to it after a couple of nights. That's probably my only complaint about the hotel. My shoulder didnt appreciated the bed but everything else was great. The bathroom was huge. Certainly to what i'm used to in hotels. Breakfast was good. Usual buffet stuff. Cereal, fry up, cakes, cheese, cold meats and, erm, a bottle of vodka. I didnt partake in any breakfast vodka, but if that's your thing, then you're catered for.

Also, if given the option when booking, opt for the strawberries, cream and cava double room. We did that and you get to have a bottle of cava and some strawberries and cream in your own time up on the roof terrace with views all over the city. Very, very nice.

Only real words of warning about the hotel is the noise from the street at night. But given Barcelona's a big, busy city this is hardly a surprise. The hotel's in a great location at the edge of the Barri Gotic and is in a perfect spot for restaurants for dinner. All in all, I can't fault this hotel. Recommended.

Unique Quality: Roof terrace with great views. Excellent location.

• Ee-Tee's Profile Photo

Very good hotel in Barcelona

A friend of mine is a big fan of Barcelona - was there 8 times.
    The last times he was at the H10 MontCada Hotel - close to Ramblas & Gothic District. He wouldn't want to stay anywhere else now... I'm going to Barcelona soon (with him and a few others) and will stay there too.
    Have a look if you like: http://www.h10hotels.com/eng/barcelona-hotels/h10-montcada.php
    Hotel MontCada
    Via Laietana, 24
    E-08003 - Barcelona
    Spain
    Phone: (34) 93 268 85 70
    Fax: (34) 93 310 07 47
    Email: h10.montcada@h10.es

Unique Quality: everything on: http://www.h10hotels.com/eng/barcelona-hotels/h10-montcada.php with lots of pictures...

Directions: Ramblas / Gothic District

More about H10 Montcada Hotel

Perfect location and excellent staff

H10 Montcada is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed! I told to my husband that once we arrived home we will write a review telling the great weekend we spend in Barcelona.
Rooms are ok, big enough for being on Barcelona's heart. But the extraordinary is the location, how staff threat us all the time. In each question or inconvenience we had there was somebody that helped us out. Breakfast and dinner were excellent and there is a incredible roof with a jacuzzi where you could see an incredible overview (all barcelona and his coast).
It's all most brand new with young and friendly staff. We strongly recommend people who wants to visit Barcelona to stay at H10 Montcada.

Small and Claustrophoblic

On arrival the H10 Montcada seemed everything I expected. I had read several reviews on this and other hotels in the Barcelona area, before finally making my selection. On arrival reception was very busy due to the pending football game between Celtic and Barcelona! On previous reviews many guests had said the rooms would be small, however on arrival at our room 507, I could not believe my eyes!! Small was not the word!! Whilst the room was clean and had a very nice bathroom, 507 is at the back of the hotel looking onto an internal courtyard. There was window but with minimal air!! and the air conditioning was not working due to the time of year. I asked to be moved but was told they had no rooms available and that due this being a central hotel, all hotel rooms are small!!. I have stayed in many 4*+ hotels in many cities and found this room to be the smallest I have ever stayed in.
Due to our limited time in Barcelona I could not be bothered moving rooms if one was available the following day. Whilst this hotel is in a fab location and breakfast and general standard is very good, I would make sure you ask for a Twin Room at the front of the hotel as these rooms seemed much bigger. I Would not recommend this hotel if you are claustrophobic or either of you are over 6'. However Barcelona is magical!!

Best Location!

H10 Montcada hotel is definetely one of the place to stay in Barcelona. Check in service was swift and staff was friendly (although we had to wait for 1.5 hour for our room to be clean, despite check in at 1pm!). The welcome champagne was a pleasant treat as well. We stayed in the double room at the 5 floor, facing the side street, hence away from the main road which can be noisy at night. Our room was nice, clean and pleasant. A bit small but that didn't bothered us, considering we are really fussy about hotel rooms. The hotel facilities are good and clean.

The hotel is just in front of the Metro station, 1 min walk away which was the plus point for us. It is also near to Rue Argenteria, 5 mins walk away from the busy Ramblas and 1 stop away from Barceloneta and the beach, which was great! There are also plenty of shops, bars and cafes around the hotel making it very lively.

Would definetely stayed there again and recommend it to anyone.

The smallest double ever

Having read the comments about the Montcada hotels rooms on TripAdvisor we emailed the hotel prior to leaving England requesting a large room.
On arrival we were given room 111 and were shocked at the size. We have never seen a room so small. The double bed was only 4 feet 6 inches wide and was pushed into an alcove only 9 inches from the wall. We complained and asked to change rooms. We were told there weren't any rooms because the hotel was full and that all hotels in the centre had the same problem. The next morning we complained again and we were eventually moved to a twin room (208). This room was fine with plenty of space. The rooms are the only failing of this hotel. The location is great and the breakfast/ meals are of a high standard.

The smallest hotel room ever seen !

We had already been tranferred from the H10 hotel we had booked but did not mind that until we saw our room. We have never seen a hotel room so small, the double bed was pushed against the wall, it was dark and dismal - horrible. The rest of the hotel was nice. You hardly wanted to return to your room!

Definitely NOT 4 Star Quality

These really are ridiculously small double rooms. After being ignored for a few minutes I had the front desk argue with me that I only booked a twin, rather than the double as stated on my reservation voucher.
There were also things missing from the room that I would have considered standard for a 4* establishment, such as tea/coffee making facilities and a bath (rather than the incredibly small shower you can barely move in). The hotel is very clean but there are a load of other equally well located hotels in the area to compromise on the quality of the rooms.

Would book again without a doubt

by TripAdvisor Member WalesChristine

Booked a twin room following the previous advice given on trip advisor.
Could not fault the room. The hotel staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. The rooms and hotel were spotless. At the end of the day you can use the jacuzzi which is on the roof top. The breakfast had more than enough variety from fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, cooked through to continental style with rolls and cheese or cold meats. The location is brilliant with the metro literally across the road (Jaume), the tourist bus stops at the end of the next block. You are only a few minutes walk from Catalunya Square and the Marina. I would book it again on my next visit to Barcelona.

Carrer de Montcada (Barcelona, Spain)Carrer de Montcada (Barcelona, Spain)

Montcada StreetMontcada Street

carrer de montcadacarrer de montcada

Waiting for the tickets on c/ MontcadaWaiting for the tickets on c/ Montcada

H10 Montcada Hotel - has anybody stayed here?

by clareabee

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody had stayed here? - I have booked in for my partners 40th birthday for 3 nights. Would be grateful on your thoughts.

Thanks

Cx

Re: H10 Montcada Hotel - has anybody stayed here?

by alanandkate

When are you going? I've booked 3 nights for my husbands 50th birthday 24/27 Oct if it's after that I'll let you know. K.

Re: H10 Montcada Hotel - has anybody stayed here?

by clareabee

Hi,

We are going from the 16th to 19th October - so i will let you know what its like when i get back!

Cx