Pau Claris, 74, Barcelona, 08010, Spain

Agoda.com Booking.com Hotelsclick.com

• Tertuliaulia's Profile Photo

Excellent location

This "hostal" (not like a hostel) has an excellent location! Just behind Plaza Catalonia, near everything you have to visit! And in a quiet street.
    Rooms are very good: good beds and bathroom (if you choose) and a sofa. In the common room you have TV, free internet and free coffee or tea. It doesnt include breakfast...
    The first floor was just renovated but second floor has more economical rooms and rates.
    I would recommend it for everyone.
    I will come back!

Unique Quality: No matter how you arrive in Barcelona, every transport goes to Plaza Catalonia: so you are very close to the Hostal Goya. Don`t have to drag your suitcase for long! Room quality: excellent for the money!

Directions: In Plaza Catalonia, go behind El Corte Inglés on the left side and turn first to the left.

More about Hostal Goya

Great Rooms, Fantastic Staff ,Extremly Clean.

by TripAdvisor Member Brats

We stayed at the Goya on the 28th of March for 1 night. We were so happy with it that we cancelled our other hotel which we had booked at another Barcelona Hotel for the 5th and 6th of April @ 150E. We couldn't get a room with a bathroom so we still decided to stay, large twin bedded room extremly clean very quiet as well.The public bathrooms were so clean that when I had had a shower at 11am I had made the floor wet because the shower curtain was nylon,I informed my son to be carefull the floor may be slippery. But when he went in 3mins after I had left it was spotless the cleaner had been in inbetween she also seemed to go in every time anyone used the toilets.
The staff were terrific speaking perfect english and so helpful helping us take our bags to our room.Our first room not on the Principle floor was a two bedded room with a bathroom 65E very quiet no noise from the outside.Yes the shower does not drain as fast as it flows but you cope nicely furnished with duvets good pillow thick towels.
The Goya is 2 mins from Plaza Catalunya we very good coffee shops opposite and around the corner Cafe de Roma (Cafe con Leche and Chocolate Napoli=1.80E. The airbus is 3.60E a Taxi with 2 pieces of luggage is 27E .We used the bus twice and taxi once(our flight was at 6am) saving 40E.
I would recommend The Goya to anyone who doesn't expect The Ritz

Nice Place to Stay...

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTravel1973

We stayed there for our honeymoon, and the place was great for the price. We spent two nights, and for the money and our needs, it worked well.

Our room was an interior room, so we had a wonderful view of the elevator shaft. Despite that gray, interior, lack of natural light sort of feel, the room was nice. The bathroom, though small, was nicely remodeled with up-to-date amenities. High ceilings, air conditioning (which was important to drown out the sound of the elevator going up and down all night), and nice bed filled out the place.

Close to the metro and La Rambla (with good walking shoes).

I couldn’t live in the room without natural light, but I would highly recommend it as a place to sleep while on the adventure of exploring Barcelona.

Nice and not a bad choice (when you're a deaf midget)

First of all people are very friendly and the room was very nicely and modern decorated. There's also a spacious lounge with TV and coffee. We had a rather small room, but extremely clean.
There are two problems however: when you're over 1.70m tall you don't fit in the bed and your feet are hanging out, and after inquiery it seems all beds are that small. The second problem might be noice; one can very easyly hear noises from the corridors, which means probably some of the guests have co-enjoyed our sexlife..wel maybe for some enjoyable but I guess that isn't really the way it's supposed to be; nevertheless we didn't care about it...
All in all, if you're not to tall, a good choice, excellent location near the Plaza Catalunia.

Exactly as advertised

Hostal Goya looked exactly like its website, which is rare in a hotel, and rarer in a budget hotel. Given that its website is beautiful, I was quite pleased with my experience.

I stayed at Goya for three nights, in two different rooms--a room on the Principal Floor with twin beds (arranged end to end like a long sofa) and no bathroom (Room 104, I think) and a room next door with almost-a-double-bed (the twins were pushed together) and a bathroom (Room 105, I think). Both opened onto a large shared terrace, that didn't have a view but got a lot of sunlight and theoretically allowed you to enjoy the outdoors (though there wasn't really any furniture for sitting on the terrace). Both rooms also had a small sitting area with an armchair and reading lamp, a polished wood floor, lovely fixtures, comfortable bedding, and the understated simple airiness that the pictures on the website suggest. Finally, while neither room was huge, neither felt cramped or crowded, though some rooms on the floor that I peeked into looked a bit smaller.

The shared bathroom was clean and pleasant, though the shower door was slightly broken, leading to an occasional wet floor. Not a major problem. My favorite thing about the shared bathroom was that guest robes were provided in the room without bath--I never expected a robe in a budget hotel. There are no hair dryers in the rooms, but you can ask for one at the desk.

It also was quieter than I expected. While once or twice I heard my neighbors' conversations clearly, this was the exception rather than the rule. I suspect they had their doors open, or at least their closet doors on the adjoining wall open, on those occasions when it seemed loud.

The common sitting areas in the Hostal were also attractive, and the friendly staff spoke English and helped us with restaurant reservations. The location was convenient--easy walking distance to the gothic cathedral and the El Borne district, Las Ramblas (though we were not big fans of that stretch), and Passeig de Gracia, a long but pleasant walk to the Sagrada Familia. I think Goya is an excellent bargain for the quality and definitely recommend it to others.

Hostal Goya Great, even for pink turtles.

by TripAdvisor Member syzer119

After a long and sleepless flight to Barcelona, not speaking the language, and barely able to walk, we stumbled upon the Hostal Goya on Pau Claris street quite easily. The staff had given superb directions from every mode of public transportation possible. Their friendly faces were a warm Spanish welcome to the Hostal and to Barcelona. They were extremely helpful in helping us to navigate through the city and seeing the sites, we didn't even have to go by the tourist office...The rooms were wonderful, very well priced, and centrally located. With such a cozy atmosphere, we felt at home in this far away land. Barcelona is fast, fun, and gorgeous! The Hostal Goya gave us a central location, at a price we could afford. This was our first trip to Spain, and the Hostal Goya staff helped make it special. If I am lucky enough to go back to Barcelona one day, I will stay here again; and I would recommend it highly to anyone!! Small Pink Tutles welcome.

Great stay

I booked hostal goya for a 4 day stay in May after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and a recommendation from a friend.
There were three of us and we stayed in one room and payed for the extra bed to be in the room.
The location was perfect, on a side street, 5 minutes from Las Ramblas.
The rooms were clean and the Hostal Staff very welcoming.
Would definitley stay here again!

Not bad, not bad, ...

by TripAdvisor Member Tintin_Belgium

We stayed for 4 nights in the hotel and booked it cos we found a reference in the Rough Guide and some positive comments on tripadvisor. The location is perfect, as it is near a main metro station and just outside the Ramblas. The rooms are clean (apart from that one cockroach i killed the last night - no clue how it got in) and quite modern. It might be useful to request a room with airco - then again, we were in Barcelona when they had a heat wave - and bring some earplugs, as some of the visitors have no ensuite bathroom and tend to wake up the whole corridor when going in and out the toilets... I'd probably go back to this place.

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member DomCanada

We stayed at this hostal after travelling all over Spain and we enjoyed it! Excellent location and rooms exactly as described on their website. Our room was renovated and had a great, modern (stylin!) look.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RuthieRed

We stayed in Hostal Goya for 10 nights during the fiesta season. As the hotel was full, our first 3 nights were in a basic room (no bathroom), but it was spotless and the bathroom was right next door and also very clean so it wasn't a problem. It was quite noisy though as we could hear all the comings and goings at reception. We then moved to an ensuite room for the rest of the stay, this had been renovated and was nicely decorated with a brand new modern bathroom and furniture. There was no noise either as we overlooked the terrace at the back of the hotel. If you stay on the Hostal floor (there is also a Hotel floor below), ask for room 205! The staff were brilliant, spoke perfect English and were very helpful from the moment we arrived, giving us maps and loads of suggestions of things to see. The location was also fantastic, only a couple of minutes walk from Pl de Catalunya, the main square in the city. Our only suggestion for improvement would be to have a tv in the rooms, but there is so much to do in Barcelona, it's a shame to stay in!

Comments