Hostal Opera

Sant Pau 20, Barcelona, 08001, Spain

Good For No Data

More about Hostal Opera

Hostal Opera Excellent value for money

Stayed at the Hostal Opera in Barcelona Sept 03 and was very happy with many aspects of the accommodation.The rooms were very clean,the location was close to everything yet was very quiet.The staff were always helpful and available.Coming from New Zealand any accommodation in Europe seems expensive so we were Pleasantly surprised with what we got for a reasonable price.Would stay there again.Kiwi traveller.

we had a good time in hostal opera

me and my wife have been in hostal opera. the staff was very kind.
rooms were very clean. they are open 24 hours. next time we will come back to hostal opera. by the way, it is in the heart of barcelona. nice place. thanks to trip advisor.

Just great!!!

We spent one week at Hostal Opera and we had an excellent time there: rooms are simple but really clean, it is centrally located, quite, and the staff is nice. There is also internet available. We couldn't expect such a good deal. Real value for money!!!

Location location location!

by TripAdvisor Member PammydLeedsEngland

We have just returned from three nights staying at hostal opera and couldn't have wished to be in a better location. It is just off the main street Las Ramblas and there is an underground station on the doorstep practically which makes seeing the sights easy. The hotel rooms are basic but clean and pleasant with Air con if needed. I would say excellent value for money. I will be telling my friends to stay there!

perfect place to stay

I stayed one night in this hostal in september. The place was perfect: central, clean, safe, professional staff and not very expensive: 55 Euro for a double room. Where can you find that?

Location, staff, rooms: everything excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member stulp

Very good hotel, and cheap too! The location is wonderful: just off the Rambles, without all the noise (I was in a back room which might help).
The staff were most helpful and cheerful. 24 hour opening times can also be useful in Barcelona ;) Basic & clean rooms. They don't serve breakfast, which is perfect for me. I'd much rather go to one of the busy cafe's in the neighbourhood at a time I find convenient (bit later...) Of course, beds were a bit short (I'm 1.92m) and walls were thin, but in my experience that's an unavoidable problem in Spanish hotels. In any case I slept great. The interior is boring, but I don't think people go to Barcelona to do sight-seeing in their hotel. Opera was fully booked when I was staying there in October, so be sure to make reservations for your whole stay: you won't be dissapointed!

great hotel

I staid in this hotel for 3 nights and it was great. Nice and clean room and bathroom. Close to the Ramblas, close to the metro, in a pedestrian area. The only minor point I found was the noice: I had a room which gave into the street. And we had a lot of noice from loud pedestrians, even with the windows closed. Next time I go to Bracelona, I will go back there and get a room at the back.

You've got to be Kidding!

There is no way on earth this hotel justifies a high ranking - I am stunned. Yes, you get a bed; yes, you get your own toilet with your room; yes, it is cheap. To my mind, though, you need a little more than this to get top marks - as everyone gives this hotel, it seems. You also get silverfish on the floor (after cleaning), luke warm water, rude desk staff (even speaking fluent Spanish). And paper thin walls - you can hear sneezing, breaking wind, the toilet seat being put down in all the surrounding rooms. Funny on day 1 at 7pm. Not so funny on day 4 at 4am.

This hotel is NOT NOT NOT good! It is CHEAP. They are not necessarily exclusive, but in this case you get even less than the little you pay for it.

Spain Trip

by midnightsnow

Hi Everyone!

I will be going to Spain at the end of May and I we will be going to Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid.

In Barcelona we will be staying at the Hostal Opera
In Valencia we will be staying at the Hotel Continental.
Still looking for a budget hotel in Madrid.

Has anyone stayed at the Hostal Opera and the Hotel Continental?

How is the Malvarrosa Beach in Valencia"

Any suggestions on a clean inexpensive hotel in Madrid?

Thanks

by rexvaughan

Hotel Europa is virtually on the Puerta del Sol and is a lovely small hotel with magnificent decor and a friendly staff. Cost is about 60 Euro for a double. We loved it and the area around it is lively but not raucous.

by vivalasteph

Try www.hostal-astoria.com. It's right off of the Puerta del Sol, and is clean, cheap, and friendly.

If you would like any other tips or have other questions, please visit my Barcelona or Madrid pages, or feel free to email me.

Have a wonderful trip!

Steph

by Pappy17

I had good luck at Hostal Lisboa. They are centrally located between Puerta del Sol and The Prado.

Here is their website: http://www.hostallisboa.com

Good luck!

-Tom

by sue_stone

Hi.

Yet another hotel recommendation for you in Madrid - I stayed at Hostal Barrera and was very happy with it.

Have a great trip!