Hotel Cataluna

• S.VTM's Profile Photo

Hotel Catalunya

I have been there in 2009,

have a look to
    "Hotel Catalunya" , the address "Santa Anna, 24, Ciutat Vella "

it's clean and only 50 metres from Plaça Catalunya

I hope that helpfull ,,,,have a nice trip Jose

Directions: Santa Anna 24, Barcelona · 08002 · España

• Danalia's Profile Photo

Hotel Catalonia, Barcelona

We booked this vocation 3 days before going, all by phone, while I was in a meeting at work,,,,
    after 10 min, it was all set and ready: I had no idea where I was going too :)
    That was perfect by me, cuase after living 5 years on the other side of Spain, I was absolutely sure nothing bad can happen to me in Barcelona, and I was sure the hotel will be good.
    I was right!

Unique Quality: It was a very nice hotel with a not very beautiful view, since it was a rear room. But since I do not use to spend time in my room - it was fine enough.
    Both breakfast and dinner were good enough, and included a typical Spanish food (as paella).
    Like most places in Spain - the stuff member where nice and welcoming .

• Danalia's Profile Photo

Hotel Catalonia, Barcelona

after 10 min, it was all set and ready: I had no idea where I was going too :)
    I was right!

Like most places in Spain - the stuff member where nice and welcoming .

• Disastrous customer service- Avoid at all costs

I would highly recommend to NOT stay in this hotel. We were completely ripped off by the staff and attempting to rectify the situation, the staff were rude and completely unaccomodating. We were overcharged, given tiny rooms with no window to the outside and rooms with beds cramped in that should not have beeen there. The location is great if you don't mind the noise at night and for that reason I would recommend Hotel Nouval only a few doors down. 2 members of your group stayed there and had very pleasant stay.

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

Good quality / Price

The hotel is very centrally located being south of Placa Catalunya, at some 5 min of walking.
    Being on a small street, it is not too noisy during the night.

The rooms are of average european hotels size. The bathroom is inside the room and I thought that it was very clean.

Unique Quality: The room is pretty clean and the great advantage is the central location of this hotel. Metro and bus to the airport is at a walking distance. As well as the big avenues such as Passeig de Gracia.

Directions: It's a street that cuts Port de l'Angel (street that goes down from Placa de Catalyuna)

Comments