Ronda Universidad 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08007, Spain

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• xxsentiaxx's Profile Photo

On a budget in Barcelona

We stayed here for one night on our way out of Europe. I'm a no frills hotel kind of person, I don't need much besides a clean room and bed, a warm shower, and a short walk from a metro stop. It's really across the street from the Universitat metro stop. They held our bags all day because we got there before check in time. The service was free and they locked them up. The hotel is located on a very busy street lined with cafes and clothing/shoe stores. People in Barcelona stay out LATE and it was a bit noisy, but it didn't keep us up as our room wasn't located on that side of the hotel. I recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget looking for a great, convenient location.

Directions: located off of the Universitat metro stop

• Marinel's Profile Photo

A view to Barcelonas multitude

The Hotel was undergoing construction and the rooms were not sound proof . But it was affordable and we did not have any reservations and they were willing to accomodate us. Leasson learned, plan ahead!!

Unique Quality: The view to the the Calle universidad was neverthless interesting, I got to see a massive protest from the Moroccans against the Spanish goverment. I will get those pictures from my travel mate soon!

Directions: Near Place Catalunya

• Helen196's Profile Photo

Barcelona on a Budget

I booked this hotel via www.roomservicehotels.com who were really helpful (you didn't need to give them all your credit card details before they searched for a room which I thought was good).

I booked 3 triple rooms for £89 per room which was a bargain!

We checked in with no problems - the guys on reception were really helpful. Our rooms were pretty basic - 3 single beds, en-suite with bath & shower, TV (all Spanish channels!!). Our view wasn't the best as we were on the back of the hotel but the other 2 rooms faced the street and had a great view of the streets opposite (great for people watching!) Continental breakfast was included (cereal, pastries, fruit juice, tea/coffee, eggs)

Unique Quality: We couldn't have wished for a better location - only 5 minutes walk from the top of La Rambla and Place de Catalunya with restaurants, bars and most importantly lots of shoe shops all within a 2 minute walk!

It was clean - towels were changed and room was cleaned each morning.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget or only visiting for a couple of days and just want somewhere to have a wash and sleep!

Directions: Just of Place de Universitat

• kazander's Profile Photo

Hotel Condestable

When we were stuck and desparate for a room, our former "hotel" conceirge called up the Hotel Condestable and we were never so pleasantly surprised! Wonderful staff, heat and hot water, no loud constuction, balcony with a nice view, all things that were lacking in our previous accomodations. It's located down the street from the Placa Catalunya, near the University. Very close to so much! Breakfast is not included but it is right down the hall and not expensive at all. What a lovely experience!!!

Unique Quality: The balcony with a view of the University was nice but our favorite tiny perk was the remote control for the heat that also had the time on it! Very handy.

Directions: right down the street from the Placa Catalunya, 2 streets down from Rambla Catalunya.

• AAAinps's Profile Photo

A wonderful two star hotel...

A wonderful two star hotel with an excellent location. The name : Condestable located across the street from the University. It's about $65.00US for two and is extremely clean, private bath room, air-conditioning and a wonderful staff. Walking distance to Las Rambles and across the street from the subway.

$65.00US for two.

Unique Quality: No frills however, very clean, and location, location, location. Some rooms with balconies, a/c and daily maid service. Don't let the two stars concern you I've looked around and it's the best all in all for the price. And again, on vacation, location is everything to me.

More about Hotel Condestable

October Trip to Barcelona

by Moonlake

Hi, I and my husband will be visiting Barcelona late in October. We currently have two hotels in mind, one is Hotel Condestable and the other one is Hostel Oliva. Could someone please advise which one of them is better? Both of us don't speak Spanish, will this cause a lot of inconvenience?

Your help is much appreciated.

Re: October Trip to Barcelona

by morganna

I dont have any info about Oliva. Condestable is, in my opinion, very well located for sighseeing and fun(very central but not in the middle of the old area).
I supose is simple, since it's 1 star, but they have air conditioning, for example. Some years ago, people working there were friendly and helpful.
I hope someone could tell u about Olive =)

If u need further info, u know...

Comments