La Rambla 40, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002, Spain

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• summerleaf2004's Profile Photo

Centrally located, clean, basic hotel

I have stayed in this 2* hotel on three occasions and each time it was pleasant and accommodating. The bedrooms are somewhat basic - bed, television, desk, wardrobe, table and phone - but are one of the cleanest rooms I have come across on my travels. What's more, on hot days your room can be kept cool with air conditioning and thick curtains to keep out the glare of the sun. Some, but not all rooms have a terrace outside (these are on the third floor so if a balcony is neeed I suggest requesting one) but all let in a generous amount of light. The staff are helpful, answering many, if not all of your questions about the city and speak very clear english if this is something you need them to do. My only criticism is the breakfast - the same each morning - a small carton of orange or apple juice and a sticky, hard croissant. However, the hotel is so centrally located that you can get to a breakfast bar or somewhere to eat in no time. (Infact I remember there being a 'Subway' sandwich bar exactly opposite which I could see from my room).

This hotel is located on 'La Rambla' - an ideal spot for connections to buses and the metro - you can get to anywhere in minutes from this hotel. If you're not looking for anywhere fancy and need somewhere clean, cool and comfortable to rest your head at night (unless of course you're partying all night!) then I fully reccomend Cuatro Naciones Hotel.

Unique Quality: Fantastic view down 'La Rambla' from the common room on one of the upper floors.

Directions: La Rambla, towards the Harbour end.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Cuatro Naciones - La Rambla Cheapy

When we visited Barcelona back in Oct 2003 we wanted somewhere cheap and central to stay, and chose Hotel Cuatro Naciones. This hotel is located right on La Rambla, just near Placa Reial.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed our stay at this grand-looking old hotel. Our room was spacious and clean, with a large modern bathroom. It was at the rear of the building so we didn't have any issues with street noise.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was included in our room rate, and was served in the grand old dining room, over looking La Rambla.

The price of a double room is currently 85 euro (Feb 2007), which is quite good value for the location. It is by no means a luxury hotel, but we found it comfortable and ideal for our needs.

Directions: Located right on La Rambla, on the left hand side if you are walking towards the port.

Nearest Metro: Liceu metro stop is about 200 metres away

More about Hotel Cuatro Naciones

where to stay

by advantage10

Hello,
We have collected some names of places to stay. We are 2 adults and 2 tennagers. We dont want to spend a lot of money and want to be where it is safe and convenient . Some suggestions so far are:
Pensio2000
Barcelona B and B from Makritt's page on VT
Barcelonaapartment .8m.net
Hostal Orleans
Would appreciate feedback on these or any others.
Thanks to all

Re: where to stay

by TatianaCarlson

I travelled to Barcelona last Spring. We rented the apartment at http://barcelonaapartment.8m.net. It was excellent: clean, comfortable and very central. The apartment has the best location possible. If we go back to Barcelona (I am already trying to convince my friends to do it in September), we will go to the same apartment.
Hope this helps!