Hotel Jardi

el Jardi
Booking.com AMOMA.com

• monicarc's Profile Photo

Good Price/Location

Good value hotel, right by Ramblas and about a 7 minute walk to Placa de Catalunya. A litttle bit of noise at night from outside passersby. While there is a lift inside the hotel, to actually get into the property, there is a flight of stairs that has to be taken.

Unique Quality: Our room had a cute balcony!

More about Hotel Jardi

Excellent Staff

Hotel Jardi is in the charming Placa de Pi, actually two lively, but smallish squares. You could find everything you need to have a wonderful time in Barcelona within sight of the front door. Our room, on the top floor, had a fantastic view of the largest rose window in Europe, so they say. The room was smallish but spotless. The elevator starts on the first floor, not the ground floor. I would avoid Semana Santa and Spring Break next time. The crowds are huge and prices are jacked up a bit. But I would definitely return to this charming hotel with it's excellent staff.

Ruined my visit to Barcelona

This hotel had been recommended to me by a friend in the U.K. I booked well in advance (l month)for three people. The booking (they do it by hand, not computer) had been messed up, and I was told that they could accomodate us for the first two nights but then we would have to move to another hotel. I told them we did not want to move, and the woman (I later found out was one of the owners) was very rude in telling us there was no option but to move. Now, I can understand a mistake was made, but I did not make it. No apology was given and being confronted with hostility after a long journey is not pleasant. We were accomodated adequately for the first two nights (no complaints), and finally they found a way to squeeze us into an interior room. If you have ever stayed at the Jardi, you know the interior rooms are tiny and have nothing more than camp beds. The shower did work properly, the toilet seat was broken, and we got an unasked for wake-up call at 3:00 a.m.! The interior rooms have large uncurtained windows which pour light in all night, as well! We were happy to leave! For those who think this is an inexpensive hotel--Room + breakfast in the exterior room was 103 euros. We stayed in a comparable hotel in Paris (in view of the Eiffel Tower) for 120 euros. The experiences were like night and day. For 17 euros, we got a wonderful room and great service. I would not stay at the El Jardi again.

Awesome hotel and Location

What a fantastic place to stay. Found it in LP guide and was lucky enough to get room with two balconies. Room was very clean, serviced daily, very comfortable. Great locations with cafes and shopping, not to mention La Rambla near by. Well worth the money! We'll be back for sure. From NZ traveller.

Ahh....... We loved Jardi and Barcelona!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lisagrasso

My 15 year old daughter and I spent 4 nights at Hotel Jardi in Barcelona the first week in June. If we are lucky enough to return to this fabulous city, we WILL stay at Jardi again. The gothic quarter is where the life of the city exists... we felt like we were living in medieval Spain. It is gorgeous. There are cafes and shops everywhere. The beauty of the buildings and churches is breathtaking. Placas (big open plazas) are all over town. We loved this area more than any other, and we toured the whole city.

I'll ask for the same room! We had room 34. HUGE! Two balconies and a window. A/C felt really nice on some of the warm days. Very clean, well serviced. One bed was a little on the firm side ( daughter got that one); my bed was decent. The view and the location could not be beat. Walls are thin, however. Light sleepers may have a problem. Windows are double-paned though, blocking most of the outside noise.

Staff was beyond friendly. All our needs were met.

For you early risers, there is a little cafe/bar just up from Jardi (on the same side of the walkway) that does open early(ish) and has GREAT coffee and good breakfast deals. Best coffee we had anywhere! (We always ordered cafe con leche... it's espresso with steamed milk in it.)

Two restaurants you cannot miss for great dining and outstanding value: (forgive my spelling) Les Quinze Nits in Placa Reail and La Fonda just behind the placa... turn right and walk about a half block. It's on the left on Escudellers. Both of these are fine restaurants with several courses available. We had dinners with wine, appetizers, salads, entrees, and dessert and coffee for 26-29 Euros! Line up at least 30 min. early for Les Quinze Nits. They both open at 8:30.

Hope you have as great a time as we did!!
E-mail if you have any questions.

Lisa

Clean, safe, no frills in a great location

After a week in the 4-star Palacio San Martin (for only a few euros more than the Jardi charged) in Madrid, the Jardi came as a bit of a shock on arrival. But we soon made peace with its no frills style and lack of amenities because of the superb location. The hotel is clean and safe and the staff was courteous and as helpful as might be expected, although they seemed surprised when we asked for another of the very tiny bars of soap after two days. And forget trying to get so much as a cup of coffee before 8:30 in the morning, when the modest continental breakfast service begins. Also, we were offered a 10% discount for settling our bill in cash, but when we checked out, the night clerk on duty pleaded for credit card payment and said he'd "get in trouble" if he accepted cash. The Jardi's location is perfect; the two squares are all charm and entertainment. But if you opt for a front room (they're the larger ones and none too big at that,) be prepared to stay awake until the outdoor cafes and street entertainers concluded their evening's business.

Hotel Jardi, a wonderful hotel for the physically fit!

by TripAdvisor Member WTravler

We just got back from staying at the Hotel Jardi for 3 days prior to a cruise and 2 day after a cruise leaving out of Barcelona. I have to say Hotel Jardi is a fabulous hotel! It is situated between two placa's (plaza's) and across one of the placa's is a beautiful gothic church. The atmoshere around this hotel is the best you are going to get for complete emersion into "old Barcelona". There is no cars to be seen, just people strolling through the placa's, or riding on their bicyles. You are so centrally located it is amazing! This is the third oldest hotel in Barcelona so you have to take it's age in account when you deal with getting there. The rooms are newly remodeled and very modern and clean. The furniture is all "IKEA" In other words small, to fit in rooms that arn't super large. But the bed was comfy and large. If you book this hotel I would never tell you to get anything but a "superior outside" room. That way you are assured to get a balcony with double french doors that open out to the wonderful placa's. You can sit outside and listen to the music and the people below, not to mention the chiming of the bell tower from the church. All so very charming and wonderful! Now to the small "issues". These things must be weighed against the many positve things Jardi has to offer. First, like I said there is no cars near the hotel which makes for a wonderful auto noise free stay. But it also means your taxi can't drive you to the front door. You have to be dropped off about a block away at the Las Rambles and hoof it to the hotel. Which with lots of luggage can be quite a challenge. If you travel light you will have no problems. Also when you get to the hotel there is just an entry way on the ground floor. You have to carry your own bags up one very large flight of narrow stairs and then one small flight to get to the front desk. Where you will find a very helpful desk person who speaks several languages. Once you are checked in then it's two medium flights to the elevator which can only take one person with luggage at a time. It's too small for anything more. Also there is no one to help you with your bags at any time so don't expect it. If you are older, not fit, or have any physical limitations I would not book this hotel for these reasons. Now having said that-I would stay at Jardi again in a heartbeat! It is one of the most charming and fabulous hotels I have ever stayed in! And I travel ALOT!

Comments