Junta de Comerc 8, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08001, Spain

Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• babbi_it's Profile Photo

Great hotel and position

Great hotel, very central, close to the liceu metro stop (only 200 meters) and to the ramblas. My room was clean, reach in details with confortable beds.

Notwithstanding closeness to the ramlas and position in the ravel zone (this site wrote so, but for me it isn't in the Ravel) Junta de Comerç is a very quite street.
    In another visit in Barcelona I stayed in the Ravel zone and it was terrible.

I'll surely come back in this hotel again!

Directions: Close to ramblas near the Licue metro station

• ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

feel well cared for....

I loved being here. It is in a bit of a shady area so if you are alone know exactly how to get back from Ramblas. I had my own balcony, that over looked the street. it was clean with a great bathroom. The staff was amazingly helpful. I only spent two nights here and I would go back during my next trip. I highly recommend Principal Hotel, Barcelona.

Unique Quality: Great comfortable room with an amazing shower that really helps after coming back from a long day of walking.
    fantastic staff, so helpful and accomadating.

More about Hotel Principal

Everything is great here

by ThamaraSD about Organic

This was right accross from my hotel ( Principal Hotel) so on my third day I gave it a try. I had three meals and a Thai massage in two days. The food is fresh and amazing here. The staff is just right for an organic place, very sweet and friendly. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable ( I was alone). This is a short walk from La Rambla in Junta Comerc. I was missing rice so I had everything that came with rice.

spotlees, cool and central

by TripAdvisor Member Pobrecita

Stayed at Hotel Principal for 3 nights in early september and payed 70 euros a night for a double room which was spottlessly clean. The rooms were ensuite with hydro massage shower, had air-con and a flat screen tv. A little on the small side perhaps but there is so much to see and do in Barcelona that we didn't spend much time in the room. The location was great, just tucked off Las Ramblas by the church of Saint Agusti. Would definately say there again.

All you need

by TripAdvisor Member Kepijs

Just returned from Europe with 4-nights at the Hotel Principal. Perfect location. Simple hotel with free internet in the lobby. My room was very small ( but very nice, clean ) Staff was great. My room was ready on my arrival ( 9:30 am ! ) For 68 euro per night I felt was a good price.

Although the street it's on was intimidating, proved to be safe even returning late. Would select in again

Brilliant Weekend

January 21st - 24th January 2005
Just got back, had a brilliant weekend could not fault the Hotel Principal. Staff were very helpful and friendly, I was expecting a basic room but we were actually allocated a superior room could not fault it. Hotel is situated just off Las Ramblas within walking distance of Playa de Catalunya (Catalunya Square). We would go back again no worries.

Good value and excellent location

Having just returned from a weekend break to Barcelona with 10 friends, I found Hotel Principal to be really good value for money. Just off Las Ramblas, the area outside the hotel is slightly dodgy so just keep an eye on luggage etc. Once inside you are greeted by very friendly reception staff who are very eager to help with any requests. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were excellent, ours was very modern with the added bonus of a power shower. I found the rooms to be really quiet at night. The actual location is fab, just 5 minutes walk from Las Ramblas, close to all the shops and restaurants (gorgeous veggie restaurant opposite called Organic, worth a try!) I would definately recommend this hotel as a great base for a short break and will stay there again when I next visit Barcelona.

Worth considering - we had a very good experience

This place is unpretentious, good value and has excellent reception staff. Our room (at the back of the hotel and recently upgraded) was more than adequate - very clean and comfortable. (I got a much better room rate booking via expedia than by direct booking - worth knowing).

No charm or character

by TripAdvisor Member ozanita

Centrally located in a rather seedy street close to the Ramblas. The rooms were clean and sufficient but the hotel is totally devoid of any Spanish character or charm. Currently under renovation (Sept. 04), the stairwells are closed (elevator only) and there is a lot noise from power tools, paint smells.. Check to see if renovations have ceased if you plan to stay there and confirm rates which by law must be posted in the rooms or foyer (110 euros double, 95 euro single = 7% tax.)
There is no bar/restaurant as stated on their website. Area and hotel not for me next time.

Nice Place

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon. The hotel and rooms were very clean, they have ac and the rooms have a private bathroom. The staff is helpful, and the hotel is located right by the La Ramblas. A good place to stay.

principal hotel barcelona

by zaky

hi again,
has anyone stayed or heard of the hotel,principal hotel barcelona,before, i book it i would like some feedback please.
thanks dave