Hotel Regencia Colon

Harriers9's Profile Photo

Ideally situated hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 18, 2008

We spent five days here and the only real fault we could find with our room was the noise that came through the VERY thin single glazed windows.

They seemed more like perspex than glass to me, being a light sleeper I had to buy some ear plugs. Apart from that the room was comfortable and clean.

The hotel was convenient for most sights but it rained for most of the five days that we were there. Staff were helpful if a little lacking in English but then again I'm just as lacking in Spanish.

I would probably try somewhere else next time we visit Barca. Only because of the poor windows though.

Unique Quality: The hotel is very close to most things and so close to the Gothic Cathedral that you could almost touch it.

We didn't try the breakfasts there because there are plenty of coffee shops in the square a few yards away.

chipper99's Profile Photo

Ideal hotel in City Centre

by written on September 12, 2007

This is a great base for your visit to Barcelona. My wife and I stayed here in mid-August, unfortunately only for one night, whilst spending 2 days sightseeing around Barca. You need longer but that is a different matter.
The hotel is well located next to the gothic Cathedral Santa Eulalia, just off Cathedral Square, and a 5 minute walk through the side streets to La Rambla. There are a few little restaurant/bars on the square and loads more within a few minutes walk towards La Rambla and in the surrounding area.
The hotel itself is a lovely building, well maintained and decorated. The rooms are excellent for the very reasonable price you pay, with mini bar, large bathroom, powerful shower and flat screen LCD TVs. (We paid 70 Euro for the night) The hotel staff are very friendly and speak good English. Also they did'nt laugh when I tried my broken Spanish. We were able to store our luggage there all day in secured room, they give you a ticket for it at no cost and they phoned us a taxi to the station, even taking our bags out to the taxi for us.
Just one word of warning. The hotel is situated off the square, right behind another hotel called the Colon, so make sure you are going into the correct hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely stay there again.

Directions: Gothic didstrict, next to Santa Eulalia Cathedral, 5 minutes walk to La Rambla.

arty_girl's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced for excellent accomodation

by written on July 26, 2007

I would certainly recommend this hotel which is located in an excellent area, close to Las Ramblas, yet far enough away from the noise and bussle to allow you to have a peaceful nights sleep though if you're a light sleeper like me, invest in a pair of earplugs as the bin men seem to come every night at about 1.30am and you do hear occational chatter from the streets. It's nothing too extreme though!

As far as facilities are concerned, the hotel is basic, with no swimming pool etc however the rooms are perfectly clean and the maids are very efficient and friendly. They ask you to be out of your room by 12 o clock each day should you want your room cleaned. It's 5 minutes away from both Catalunya square and Barcelona´s Harbor and is just aroudn the corner from the main museums (Museo Picasso, Museo Textil).

The room we had was spacious with high ceilings and excellent air conditioning which was a welcome relief after a day in the sun. Our room was number 454 and was facing the street and the windows had electric blinds which you could close during the day to ensure the room was cool.

Unique Quality: The rooms which are facing the street face onto some traditional spanish houses which I found pretty to look at. The cathedral is literally on your doorstep, just cross over the roadand take the street straight ahead of you and you're in a plaza which holds the cathedral.

Directions: I'd advise you to get a taxi from El Prat airport. Entering Barcelona from the Ronda Litoral, you exit at Passeig de Colón & continue along Via Laietana ave. Then turn left towards Plaça de la Catedral, where the hotel is located.

seansf's Profile Photo

Good Location- Bad Service

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 7, 2006

This hotel has a very good location- very near cathedral and near Las Ramblas. The room was a good size and very clean. However, the service I received was not good at all. When I booked this hotel I was given a rate that included breakfast. When I checked in I was told that breakfast was not included with this rate. I complained several times however I was just told "no". Also the drain in the tub did not work properly and after being told it was fixed found it was not. It was not fixed during my entire 5 night stay.

Good Hotel, Great Location

by written on December 17, 2005

When you're staying in Barcelona, location is key. This hotel is a fifteen-second walk from the cathedral, a six-minute walk from Las Ramblas, a ten-minute walk from Placa Catalunya and a fifteen-minute walk from the sea. It is clean and quiet, with English-speaking staff. It is equipped with an elevator and our second-floor room had everything we needed, including two English news stations on TV. The hotel also has a restaurant-bar that serves an optional breakfast, although we didn't feel it was a good value. Hotel Regencia Colon is a smaller offshoot of the Hotel Colon, which means you receive the same great service as its more expensive partner at a lower price.

Directions: One block from the Cathedral.

Tripack's Profile Photo

Excellent location for your Barcelona stay

by written on August 10, 2005

A very convenient hotel perfectly located very close to the Catherdral. The hotel was totally renewed in 1999 and provides 50 rooms, all equipped with complete bathroom with hair dryer, safe-deposit box, mini bar, satellite TV, heating, air conditioning, and telephone with PC/modem connections.

Unique Quality: - Excellent location
- Clean and quiet
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Large breakfast buffet for EUR 10

Directions: Very well located in front of the Cathedral and 5min walk from the Rumblas, Catalunya square or Barcelano harbour.

Nearby Hotel Regencia Colon

Amenities at Hotel Regencia Colon

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Barcelona Travel Forum

Need advice about Barcelona, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Barcelona and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Barcelona hotel reviews