Ibis Barcelona Meridiana

Tags

Arts and Culture Family Travel Photography
See Amenities
IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Mainly a good stay with one or two minus points.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 16, 2016

To get to this hotel you can take the metro to Fabra i Puig Station or the train to Sant Andreu Arenal Station. The hotel is visible from the busy main road you are on when you exit either station if you look around you. We stayed here for three nights.

Check in was the worst part of our stay. It took ages and the receptionist quoted a price higher than the one we had booked. This got sorted out eventually, but did not create an initial good impression.

Our room was clean and comfortable. We slept well here except that I found the room a bit hot.

We had free wifi here and it worked consistently well.

Breakfast was quite good, but quite busy. There were coffee machines, tea, a machine for making freshly squeezed orange juice. There was bread, toast, croissant and pain au chocolate. There were cold meats and cheese. Replacing things that ran out could be a bit slow.

We paid 15 Euros extra for a late check out. We found this very useful as we left on a late flight. Early check-ins are available at the same rate.

There are two supermarkets near the hotel. We used the one in Heron City. There were also restaurants in this shopping centre. We liked the Salzburg Restaurant as you had your own draft beer tap on your table.

The hotel is near transport so it is fine for getting to sights. For travel buy a T10 ticket. These are good value.

Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

Accessible and Walking Distance to Shopping Area

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 18, 2011

I booked my stay here more than a month before my intended stay. When I arrived at the hotel, they didn't have any record of my booking. It was odd because I communicated with the hotel via email prior to my arrival.

Anyway, the staff is okay, not friendly but just doing their jobs. It was also, kind of, odd because they are in the hospitality business. And because they didn't have my booking, I had to go through the hassle of waiting, checking, double-checking and, in the end, I didn't enjoy the discounted rates I was supposed to enjoy for booking early.

However, the hotel is pretty decent. What I like most about it is it's so accessible to Heron City and Corte Ingles, two shopping areas I immediately went to when I arrived in Barcelona. I had fun shopping at Mango outlet store and other shops because those brands are so expensive here in Singapore.

Breakfast food is fine, nothing special but the coffee machine is the best! It makes one of the best cappuccinos in town!

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Fabra i Puig station and to shopping areas, grocery shop and street cafes.

triggsy's Profile Photo

The icing on the cake

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2004

After my wife had had a previous 'nightmare' with an Ibis Hotel in Paris, it was with fear and trepidation that we arrived here. But there was no need, as this hotel was an absolute godsend. Located right next to a multiplex that has at least 8 restaurants. We were spoilt for choice. Also there is a swimming pool complex straight across the road with a golf driving range next door to it. The hotel is fairly new, so all the facilities are great. The staff were excellent.

Unique Quality: The proximity to convenience stores restaurants and the metro are great. And if you get a room on a higher floor, you will be spoilt with a great view of Barcelona.

Nearby Ibis Barcelona Meridiana

• Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Barcelona Travel Forum

Need advice about Barcelona, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Barcelona and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Barcelona hotel reviews