Marina View B&B

Paseo de Colom, Barcelona, 08002, Spain

More about Marina View B&B

Best value in Barcelona

by TripAdvisor Member WesCalifornia

A short walk to the subway station and las Ramblas make this an excellent starting point to enjoy this beautiful city. Add the extraordinary host /owner of the Marinaview - Jose-Maria and you could not do better.

Wes & Raquel from San Diego

Great B and B., ideal location

by TripAdvisor Member Intrepidrollinsons

We stayed in one of the front rooms overlooking the Marina in this very clean and welcoming place.The room had every thing you could need. Air conditioning,a safe, a small fridge, a kettle with tea and coffee sachets.Plenty of bottled water supplied as well.
We loved the fresh breakfast served each morning in our room. Juice, toast and pastries, with lashings of freshly brewed tea or coffee all served in matching china.
Our lovely welcoming host Jose gave us some good restuarant suggestions,together with a clear map of where they were. This proved invaluable as it was our first visit to Barcelona.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this comfortable B and B and would book here again on our next visit.

Enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Gingerdreamer

Have just returned from a pleasant weekend in Barcelona staying at Marina View, a very nice bed & breakfast. We stayed in the Columbus room which had a terrific view over the harbour and our daughter stayed in the Pier room. Jose Maria was an excellent host, providing delicious breakfasts and giving out good recommendations for restaurants. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The only downside to the B & B was the noise from the traffic as there is a 9 lane carriage way below. With the windows shut it was tolerable and didnt cause us to lose any sleep, although Barcelona is fond of its sirens! Also the shower/water in the Pier room was noisy. None of this spoilt our stay though.

It's all true and more! Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member valemart

Thanks Tripadvisor members. It was your reviews that sold me and I was weighing this B&B versus a sleek boutique hotel. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. The property is even more tasteful and beautiful in person than photos illustrate. Jose is everything you have read--charming, open, generous and helpful. You feel that you are staying in someone's gracious home or renting your own flat in a foreign city. The breakfast in room was a treat, the view as previously mentioned fascinating, the location perfect. And there's more--lovely staff, clean and spotless rooms. But here's the kicker. We left our watch in the hotel safe and Jose is mailing it back to me. I couldn't be more pleased or made to feel more appreciated or invited. I recommend this place to anyone without reservation. It will be my place in Barcelona. The only problem-- that I can't visit more often. Enjoy this place and I think you will find the stay becomes part of your Barcelona experience. Good job Jose.

We loved our stay

by TripAdvisor Member goldmoon4

My husband and I recently had a 3 night stay at this charming B&B. All of the glowing reviews on tripadvisor convinced me that we could not go wrong! Before we got to Marina View we had been at the Hotel Arts for a week at a convention. We enjoyed the Marina View just as much.

I have to say that the outside of the building from street level is a little off putting but the inside does not disappoint. We stayed in the Arcade room. The rooms overlooking the marina were already booked, so we did not have a view. The room itself was small but very comfortable. Very clean with all amenities listed by previous posters. Air condiitoning worked great.. We appreciated the bottled water (free of charge) and coffee and tea making supplies. The mini fridge is stocked with soda, water, cava, and some snacks for a small fee.

Jose was a warm and welcoming host. He allowed us to use his laptop to check e-mail. The breakfast each morning was more than adequate to get the day started. It was also easy to navigate the city from this location.

We loved Barcelona and the Marina View and will be sure to return. Thanks again Jose!

5 stars and more

by TripAdvisor Member jamrock-traveler

All the reviews are true!!!
Marina View is located in a fantastic area. The rooms are lovely and air conditioned. And Jose!! Jose definitely made our stay in Barcelona worth while. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. I'll be booking again with Marina View on my next trip to Barcelona.
Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Great stay! Would definitely go back!

by TripAdvisor Member TheFloridaKeysGirl

Marina View is a great B & B. The location cannot be beat - just a few steps from the metro and walking distance to nearly everything. the rooms are lovely (although I would pay the extra euros for for the larger rooms with the view.) Breakfasts are a delight - a variety of pastries and coffee and/or tea served on china in the comfort of your own room.

Should we go back to Barcelona, we will definitely stay at the Marina View.

Great Stay and wonderful jose

by TripAdvisor Member Yiqi

The B&B was a little gem in the middle of a great city. My girlfriend and I checked into the hotel after a terrible journey from Madrid and we felt way better once we got to the hotel. The room was simple, yet every effort was made to bring it to the standard of a room at a luxurious hotel. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was sumptuous. Jose was very very helpful throughout our stay and recommended a fabulous restaurant with a wonderful view. The location was near all the major attractions and the shopping area. All in all, a very enjoyable stay.

A Great Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member BrummieExile

A great little place to stay.

Just a couple of minutes walk from the end of the Ramblas. Far enough to esacape the crowds, but close enough to walk easily to plenty of restaurants and bars.

Jose is a very welcoming and helpful host and is very easy going.

The rooms are spotless and clean and well equipped.

We had a thoroughly good stay.

Great little B&B

by TripAdvisor Member TripbugNovaScotia

This place was referred to us by another establishment that was fully booked for the nights we wanted. As it turned out , we were more than pleased with the accommodations and service received at the Marina View. The owner, Jose, is a gem of a host. He is generous with his time and knowledge, helping us many times during our 5-day stay in Barcelona. The rooms are clean, relatively spacious and equipped with all the amenities to make your stay comfortable. The bathrooms are small with showers only. They were clean but look a little worn and need a freshening up. The rooms facing the port have a great view but can be a little noisy during peak traffic times on the boulevard below. The breakfasts provided consisted of toast, croissants, cheese, jams and beverage of your choice. Not the variety we are accustomed to in North America, but delicious never the less. We thought the location was very good. You are close to the Metro, the port and beaches, Las Ramblas, the zoo and aquarium, the cable car and many other attractions too numerous to list here. Overall we were very pleased with our stay here and feel it is good value for the price asked.

Comments