NH Duc de la Victoria

NH Barcelona Centro
Hotels.com NH Hoteles Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about NH Duc de la Victoria

Great hotel, even better location!

My Fiancé and I stayed at the NH Duc De La Victoria on 30 August 2004 for two nights. We arrived quite early in the morning and although we requested an early check-in, our room wasn't ready. This wasn't a problem at all though as a member of staff took our bags through to a locked room, while we went out to explore the area and have some tapas! We returned to the hotel shortly after 12.00 noon and as promised, our room was ready. Being a trip to celebrate my Birthday, the hotel had given us a complimentary room upgrade and we were more than happy with our room. It was on the 5th floor and one of the few rooms with a balcony. What was even better was the fact that it was a corner room, so we had a balcony on each side of the room. The room itself was fairly small, but had all the necessities and was very clean and modern in decor, with a nice wooden floor. The bathroom was very compact (but again, nice and modern) and was a bit of a squeeze for two people to be in there at once, but for such a short trip it didn't worry us. We were staying on a room only basis, so can't comment on the breakfasts but we did take a look at the restaurant and it looked very nice. On the same floor, there is a very small bar area, which we didn't drink at but handy to know it's there. I think the main bonus about this hotel, is it's excellent location. It is down a lovely quiet little street, just behind Las Ramblas (literally 3 minutes walk) and is about 5 minutes walk from Placa de Catalunya and the metro - which is very handy if you intend on getting the train from the airport. Incidentally - the train from the airport is a very cheap, quick and efficient way of getting into Barcelona - would recommend it. Side tracking slightly more, I would really recommend a restaurant on Las Ramblas called The Attic. Literally a couple of minutes from the hotel, it is a really excellent modern restaurant with very good food and a lovely atmosphere. Try to get a table next to the window and spend some time people watching over Las Ramblas. Do book a table in advance though as when we were sitting down to dinner, people were just turning up and getting turned away as they were full for the evening. Oh and one last thing - do take one of the open top bus tours - its a great way to see the City and once you have a ticket, you can get off at places of interest and get back on again, as many times as you want. So, to summarise NH Duc De La Victoria, I would say it is a wonderfully clean and modern hotel and the location would be hard to beat. Definitely great value for money. If we return to Barcelona, which I'm sure we will do one day, we would definitely stay there again.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Spahn21

On the basis of TripAdvisor reviews, we stayed at the Duc de la Victoria for 6 nights in late October. The reviews were right on the mark. The location is simply unbeatable: on a quiet side street, a block or so from La Rambla. While not palatial, the rooms are perfectly fine and certainly up-to-date and spotless. Take a pass on the room service, but the hot and cold breakfast buffet is a steal at 6 Euros per person. This hotel offers great value for money. When we return to Barcelona, we won't even consider staying anywhere else.

Really Good

THE HOTEL: Really well situated hotel, less than 5 min. to the Placa Catalunya (Central Square, Metros, Busses, Taxis, Shops, etc.) and also a few steps walk to the Ramblas Street, the most famous street in Barcelona. The port is about a nice 15 minutes walk down the Ramblas, and you really are close to everything as it is perfectly in the middle of all sightseeing places throughout the city. And hey, here's a good tip: It's so quiet!

THE WELCOME / STAFF: The people at reception was really nice and helpful. Not really somtehing to say, was nothing out of the common, but it was good for a 3*. Nicely suited also.

THE STYLE: The hotel is a really nice architectured building, in a pinky-orange color, very mediterranean, yet very modern style. The inside is really beautiful, lots of open spaces, sofas in the lobby (small but really nice), and all the hotel is fitted with that nice style.

THE ROOMS: We had a room with double bed, 116, 1st floor exactly over the entrance. We had a little balcony which was fun to have a look at all the people passing buy or just for having a smoke as I never smoke in the rooms. Only 1st floor rooms have balconys though. The web was really nice, very comfortable, the cloth was very thin for summer (August) so we were not too hot. A/C is functional, and keeps the room cool. Minibar, pin code safe, closet, desk, TV (TV5, CNN). The Bathroom has a bathtub, a big mirror, toilet and Bidet, as well as toothbrushes, shaver, creams, soap, and a hair-dryer. Really good!

THE EATING: We have not experienced the food, as we took a non.breakfast offer. there are lots of bakerys in the area, which are good. The restaurant looks very nice though in the morning (it look like it!)

CONLUSION: 100% Recommend it. It's part of these few hotels where you feel good, cared about, and in a really beautiful place! And in total style of course!

ACTIVITIES IN BARCELONA: Here's for you, if you're not totally convinced: There is so much to do! Be sure to visit the Guell Parc, The Sagrada Familia, The Passeig de Gracia, a Tapas Bar there, the Montjuïc hill, Placa d'espanya, Paleu Nacional, the Ramblas, The Old Town (Ciudad Vella), and its cathedral and streets, Rambla del Mar, Aquarium, the beaches for a drink (or a swim), the Placa Catalunya, the muesume (Gaudi, Miro Institute, Marine...) and so much oher stuff... Have fun!

Five star hotel!!

What a surprise!! After our stay in Paris, we were welcomed into a modern and very large room! The hotel is right off the Rambas and not noisy at all! The room was very spacious with lots of amenities. Our room had a view of the quite street below and was brightly lite by natural light. We like it so much we stayed an extra night! We definitely will recommend this to anyone visiting Barcelona. If we are in Barcelona again, we will come back!!

It was terrific

Friends and I booked at this hotel based on the strength of the reviews here and we were not disappointed. For travelers in our spending range - not budget, but not the Ritz either, it was the perfect option - pleasant rection staff, well-kept property, friendly, excellently situated. I would defintiely return here.

great hotel, centrally located

just came back from a 3 night stay and had a great time, the room was clean and the hotel was close to all the major attraction, it's just a few blocks off the ramblas so it was very quiet at night, althought the street was a little deserted at night, i never had any problems

Great Hotel In Excellent Location

Just returned from a 4 night stay during October 2004. This is a good value & spotlessly clean hotel. Excellent buffet breakfast with something for everyone. Staff very friendly and speak good English. Location is perfect for shopping & bars etc. We stayed on top floor which had a great balcony. Some building work adjacent but not really a problem. Finished at 5.00pm prompt and did'nt start before 8.00 am. This is a tranquil backwater whilst still in the heart of the city. Great bedroom with security safe & reasonably priced minibar. If this hotel had communal amenities it would be 4 or 5 star. Highly recommended.

Great Hotel

This hotel is in a great location. It is very clean and one of the best sound proofed hotels I have stayed in. It is an excellent base to explore Barcelona from. We would definitely stay here again when visiting the city.

Great location, quiet street!

by TripAdvisor Member RagazzaDelVino

We stayed at the hotel for four days end of November and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We made the decision based on the other reviews we read online here and the company's website. We booked online and got a fairly decent deal w/out the breakfast. There's a bagel shop right around the corner! Verify that you will be getting one bed in a double (instead of two single beds pushed together). On our last day in Barcy, the hotel was very kind to lock up our baggage in their storage room w/o a problem. The location is excellent w/ your choice of either the Liceu (metro stop) or Placa de Catalunya (metro stop).
We would definately stay here again and would even recommend it to our friends/family!

Great hotel, terrific location

by TripAdvisor Member LarrywashingtonDC

with a very helpful staff. We stayed at this hotel for a week in November 2004. In my opinion, this was an excellent value for the money (especially since I was paying in US dollars which are not worth anything like they used to be). The hotel is in an older building with a lot of historic character. However, the interrior is completely redone and is very up to date. The localtion could not be better. My wife and i walked to every major site. Staff was also terrific. As I said, overall, a great value.

Three chimneys of the old electrical plantThree chimneys of the old electrical plant

One of the many pavillions.One of the many pavillions.

LA PEDRERALA PEDRERA

The effort put into this is worth a euro...The effort put into this is worth a euro...

Hen Weekend in Barcelona

by nikola2

I'm organising my hen weekend for July this year. I want to take 10 of my closest friends to Barcelona and would like advice on hotels/restaurants/bars. I want to find a nice hotel (4 or 5*), hopefully for about £100 per night (or less).
Advice would be much appreciated.

Re: Hen Weekend in Barcelona

by morganna

I think in July u wont have big problems finding 4 n 5 star hotels. This is just touristic season, it means usually cheap accommodation, but good hotels like r looking for r normally booked for business season (meetings, fairs, etc)
Anyway, u have time enough to book in advance since u need more than 1 room...

I recommend u for example NH Duc de la Victoria, which is 3 stars but into a good chain of hotels. I supose the price is in your range and the location is great (next to Pl. Catalunya), in the main center but more quiet that the heart of old area.
Be happy, n if u need anything else, mail me =)

Where to Stay

by mterrill

Hello,

I am a 39 year old male physician going to Barcelona solo. I would like to stay in a fairly nice hotel or bed and breakfast. (3 star). It does not have to be the fanciest place. It would be great if it had some character, and if I could meet fellow travelers ( American or not). I'm not into the club scene, but I do enjoy the night culture. A place with a view would be awesome. Easy access to interesting architecture, museums and historic sites would be fantastic. I have a limited Spanish vocabulary.

What do you recommend?

Thank you.

Re: Where to Stay

by frachal73

I think GAT Hostels are definitely your place:
www.gataccommodation.com

As for hotels, I suggest NH Hotels and H10 Hotels, both chains have 3-star properties which are conveniently located and have rather human dimensions:

www.nh-hotels.com (go for Hotel NH Duc de la Victoria)
www.h10hotels.com (go for H10 Montcada or H10 Racó del Pí)

However, though not impossible, I don't think you'll find any fellow-(leisure)-travelers ambiance in the city hotels. Hostels are more intimate.

Suggestion for Hostel - Four 22 yr old Females

by MKEtraveler

I am traveling to Barcelona for four nights in the beginning of June. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a hostel. We are all recently graduated from college, so we'd like to find one that we can get the best value for our money. If you have any suggestions on the area or neighborhood that we should stay in, please let me know. We are trying to plan our stay in Barcelona, and could use help in any way possible. Specifically looking for hostel suggestions, places of interest, nightlife hotspots, traditional culture spots, etc. THANK YOU!

by ger4444

30 euro per night. its super centrally located, and well organized.

by Badger1492

Re: the above suggestion. I looked it up and got an interesting result on Google Maps. When I put in "Duc de la victoria, 14, barcelona, spain" it showed a location way outside the city. When I looked at Google Maps and zoomed in on the location in Barcelona as shown on the website, there is a street called "Carrer del Duc" at the corner of Carrer Canuda. Now, sometimes I know that the streets show up with slightly different names on different maps and there may be nothing to worry about; I might be overly paranoid. But if it were me, I would get some independent confirmation that this address really is where it says it is.

If it is, then this is a good location in spite of its proximity to the notorious Ramblas. Being near Plaza Catalunya is a good, central location.

Badger

by frachal73

www.gothicpoint.com
www.equity-point.com

by punchy

www.arthostal,com
Hostalribagorza.com

by Joacim

try sant Jordi hostels. www.santjordi.org. It's clean and well run.

Comments