Nh Costanza

More about Barcelona

Free booklets.Free booklets.

Hard Rock CafeHard Rock Cafe

The HeliportThe Heliport

More of the detailingMore of the detailing

accommodation in barcelona with young child

by Siborg

Hi

i will be visiting barcelona for 4/5 nights with my wife and 10 month old daughter. does anybody know of any decent family accommodation for short stays.

Also, and I know this might be an odd question, but are some areas better to stay in with a child?

Thanks so much for your help.

si

by smirnofforiginal

You can rent apartments for this kind of duration - this is what I did when I travelled there with my two sons. I will try to find the details of the company we used - they were well priced and reliable.

by manuna

We stayed at very nice appartments, but we needed it to be closer to the sights, not to the sea. We walked after fountain show. While I think you are looking for something closer to the sea. If you are interested I can give you the address of our appartments.

by Belsaita

The city centre is very compact, so most sights are walking distance (however you will need to take some transport now and then)

With a baby I guess it would be nicer to stay near the beach (Barceloneta is the closer to the old town, but as well the most crowded) or near the Ciutadella Park.

Can't tel you about specific places to stay (never used any accommodation in Barcelona, I live here ;)) but I do agree an apartment may be a better choice in your case.

by smirnofforiginal

This was the website I used http://www.lovingbarcelona.com/
I stayed in an apartment by Poble Sec (metro) - it was very large, very clean, had everything I could want/need and was reasonably priced.
They have apartments dotted all over the city.

by monicarc

we stayed at the hotel jardi with our then 8 month old last october--the room was perfect size and they provided a baby cot free of charge. There was a huge flight of stairs to walk up upon entry to the hotel, that was the only thing my husband didn't like--he was the one carrying all our baggage. The hotel is in the middle of many sights and restaurants, which we like b/c we could go back to the hotel and leave shopping, change diapers, etc. The price was not bad, about $125 USD. www.hoteljardi-barcelona.com.

by andreaberffini

hi,

if i would travel to Barcelona with a family, moreover with small children, i would rent a flat.
there are some useful web-pages to find owners´ ads, for ex., craiglist or http://www.loquo.com/ps/vivienda/particular/cheap-daily-apartment-by-owner-just-in-the-city-centre-of-barcelona/16925391

there are a lot of ads of daily accommodation in Barcelona or in another cities, which you can rent directly by owner. if anybody knows any other web-pages like these, pls, let us know.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Plaza Catalunya

by tessy

It's the heart of Barcelona. We arrived there by train.

There is a tourist information - good maps available there and also tickets for the touristic bus. The tourist information is under the Plaza Catalunya. Here is the stop from the red and the blue touristic bus line, so you can change here.

Montjuic

by sue_stone

Montjuic is the part of Barcelona that is located on the hill in the south of the city, overlooking the harbour. It is home to some of the city's most important art collections and museums, and was here that most of the action took place during the 1992 Olympics.

At the very top of the hill is the Castell de Montjuic, a castle or fort which dominates the skyline in this part of town. It is worth a visit even just for the magnificent views from up there.

Take a walk past the Estadi Olimpic (the Olympic Stadium, which was closed when we visited), and take some photos of my favourite thing in this part of town - the Torre Calatrava, which is a space-age looking communications tower. Relax for a while in the Jardi Botanic or have a browse in the Jardi de les Escultures, an unusual sculpture garden.

Art fans could pay a visit to the Fundacio Joan Miro, or head to the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - which is housed in a hugely impressive looking building.

For the young, and young at heart, a visit to the Font Magica should be on your agenda. See this fountain in all its colourful, musical glory on certain nights throughout the year. Just keep your fingers crossed that the wind isn't blowing in your direction!

Català

by Gili_S

As I don't speak any of the languages they use here I didn't bothered too much with it.
I only learnt that Català is the name of the local language here and whatever is the more wide languages they speak they call it Castellano.
However, I managed here will with the little of what I know and I used words in English that sound to me more like international or Latin words, sometimes it works ;-)

Magic Fountains - best free show in Europe

by Maidstoneman

I first saw these on the television when the Olympics were held in Barcelona and vowed to see them in reality one day. However, many books and certainly local people we asked, had never heard of them, and finding information about when they are switched on was almost impossible to find.

Suffice it to say that it is several evenings a week. You can stand on the steps behind to get a birds eye view. It is better to see them when it is completely dark as the floodlighting is fantastic.

Use Espanya Tube Station and you can see the fountains from there - 10 minute walk to get right to them.

Beware of pick pockets whilst watching the show.

Sant Antoni marketplace.

Most...

by QuimG

Sant Antoni marketplace.

Most visitors knows the Boqueria marketplace, located at La Rambla, but there are a lot of other markets in the city.

Sant Antoni is a marketplace located very near of the center. From monday to Saturday is the typical market where buying food and also clothes, shoes, ... But you must visit it on Sunday morning. The building is closed but outside you may find books, old and new, pictures, comics, stamps, postcards, ...

Comments