Santa Ana, 18-20, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Nouvel Hotel

Great hotel just off Las Ramblas

by TripAdvisor Member AliceInHerPartyDress

I have just returned from a holiday in Barcelona, staying at Hotel Nouvel and I can thoroughly recommend it. It is not 5 star grandeur, but a nice, reasonably priced, small hotel. It is about 30 seconds walk off Las Ramblas and about 1 minute from Placa de Catalunya. Being just off Las Ramblas situated on a much quieter pedestrianised road, although mopeds, delivery vans and taxis do use it, you get a very conveniently situated hotel without the noise of Las Ramblas. Our room and ensuite bathroom were both spacious and very clean. It was also air conditioned. It wasn’t too warm at night in April, but I would imagine it would be very welcome in August. The reception staff all spoke English and were very helpful. My only criticism was that there was no tea or coffee in the rooms. This was my first visit to Spain so I don’t know if this is specific to the hotel or if it is a general Spanish thing. However, there is the best coffee machine I have ever used in reception, along with a fizzy drink/water machine. There was plenty to choose from and plenty to eat at the serve yourself buffet breakfast. All in all I would recommend it as somewhere to stay.

Not for those who enjoy a sleep in on holiday

by TripAdvisor Member MULLAGHMORE

We stayed in the Hotel Nouvel for 3 Nights in July. Yes this hotel is reasonably priced and in an excellent location just off Las Ramblas but those are the only real advantages to it.
If you enjoy sleeping past 7.00am while on holiday (which I do) then I would not recommend this hotel. The cleaners begin their shift at 7.00am and from then on it is very noisy, with them shouting at each other from one end of the corridor to the other amongst other noise.
We stayed in a room at the side of the hotel which backs onto an alley and there is a lot of noise coming from there Vans etc!!!! and the rebuilding of a hotel in the vacinity.
My advice is if you, like me, you see a holiday as a perfect chance to have a few late sleeps then dont book here. The rooms are also very basic and small -but representative of the price!
Overall Barcelona is a lovely city and not too expensive in comparison to other European cities. Then train and metro facilitites are also very efficient. If visiting make sure to go to the Port area as there are a few lovely beaches and the water is warm and clean.

Would definitely return

by TripAdvisor Member zcakv56

This hotel is in a great location within easy reach of all the sights but in a side street off Las Ramblas so was nice and quiet at night. Easy to get to if you are taking the train there from the airport too. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bathroom immaculate with both a bathtub and a shower attachment. I had a good size room with a nice firm bed but a friend of mine got quite a small room so I guess it's just luck of the draw. The walls are quite thin but I wasn't that bothered by it as my neighbours were hardly in at the same times as me. Buffet breakfast wasn't great but for a week, who cares? Overall a good experience.

Nice, clean, friendly Hotel in a great location

A perfectly pleasant hotel and better than expected from the reviews I read AFTER I'd booked it!! Room was absolutely huge - basic but very clean (and I'm a bit fussy!) and was all we needed for the weekend. Surely no-one goes to a city to stay in their room... so we had a fabulous time. Reception staff very pleasant. Most noise came from within the Hotel when the maid started her shift (I think), so probably time to get up anyway! Very reasonably priced and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this very central hotel.

I love this hotel, I really love it¡¡¡

After staying in a lot of chain hotels, I wanted to try a non chain hotel.
and I've found my hotel from now on¡¡¡
The location is simply THE BEST.
The prices are not expensive, for the great location¡¡¡¡
The rooms are ok, mine was quite big,and they're very very clean.
The breakfast room is so nice,special.... and the breakfast is quite good.
But the nice thing is the special environment of the building, there is something on the air of this last century decorated hotel, that captivated me.It seemed as If I were in the middle of "Gone with the wind" and Scarlett O'Hara was coming down from the marble stair near the reception.
I Love this special and unique hotel in Barcelona, that's for sure¡¡¡
ah, Staff at the front desk is very friendly.

Lovely Hotel

We found this hotel to be clean, reasonably priced, well run and convenient for getting around Barcelona.

We stayed on the third floor in newly renovated rooms that were lovely. The breakfast was a little basic and there could have been more choice.

The hotel was just off Las Ramblas and close to the metro and bus stops. It was ideal as a base for seeing the sights.

Generally we found it a lovely place to stay and would certainly go back there.

Don't go

by TripAdvisor Member cheekychipmunk

i stayed here for 6 days a few years ago and vowed never to go back. The problem with it was that we got a tiny room, the bed filled it, and the bathroom was so small that you had to squeeze into it, shut the door and the shower was behind where the door had been. The hotel looks very period themed but it lacks alot in all areas from rooms to breakfast and atmosphere. To be fair the staff at reception were helpful when i enquired about resturants etc. It was in a great location right in the middle of the Barri Gotic.

Prefect Location

by TripAdvisor Member NatalieLeeds

This hotel is in the prefect location and very central to everything. It is just off the La Ramalas but not noisy at all. The breakfast was o.k. but nothing to shout about. The only downside to this hotel was the tiny room. The bed took up all the space!! The bathroom was bigger....oh and the view out of the window....looked out onto the guttering!! We didn't mind thou as we didn't spend any time in it only to sleep at night. The rooms are very clean and beds made daily.

Sound for the Pound

Cannot beat the location or price. We had no problems with noise, went to bed late and got up early to go off sightseeing so this is maybe why but that is why you come to Barcelona. Why would you want to go to bed early or sleep in late ?? The decoration may be dated but is very clean and the vending machine that sells beer is a winner. Breakfast was good, unless you were expecting a full english, but guess what it's not England!! Would return, spent four packed day's and nights in Barca but still so much left to see.

Hotel Nouvel

by LukeCH

Can anyone recommend the Hotel Nouvel in Santa Ana?
(They have a very good offer for January 2005)

Thanks a lot!!

Re: Hotel Nouvel

by silvia-m.b

Check here for more info:

I think is a very attractive hotel in a really well-ubicated area of the city, close to Plaza Catalunya. The public rooms have lots of character, with original 19th century marble flooring, chandeliers and huge gilt mirrors. Really a nice building for a 3 stars Hotel

An intimate hotel that can give you the best character and convenience in Barcelona.

Good price too? Worthwhile then!

Regards from Barcelona.