Olivia Plaza

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Olivia Plaza

Hotel Olivia at Plaza de Catalunia

by dextergm about Single Accomodation

This hotel is conveniently located at the heart of the city. Facing the Plaza Catalunia, it is also close to the La Ramblas and a few more tourist attractions just a stone throw away.

If you are on a tight budget, this hotel is definitely not for you. At 220 Euros per night, with an open concept suites of no more than 30 sq meters, having two people in the room is comfy, but 3 is just a crowd. The hotel's facilities is quite aptly described as avant-garde: smoked sliding glass panels that serves both the shower booth and the "poo" booth. Read: phone booth perimeter.

Two computers (free for use) + free printing (just send the file to the reception) and a cozy Internet lounge, free high-speed Internet. Breakfast was a little on the light side, which made me frown--knowing that tourists would want to have power-breakfasts in order to skip lunch (and just have snacks).

Perfect Hotel, Great Staff.....

by TripAdvisor Member Neilmag

My third time visiting the great city of Barcelona and the best yet. Whilst both other times staying in cheap hotels and hostels this time we chose the Olivia Plaza Hotel. Mainly because of the style and the location. Both myself and my girlfriend (who did all the leg work and found it online!) were not disappointed with either. Add to this the very friendly staff and it was a truely great experience. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone with an appreciation for style with substance. Ps its work requesting a room facing onto the Plaza Catalunya, 808 was ours.

Fantastic Location-Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nickiOffaly

We have just returned from a fantastic stay in the Olivia Plaza Hotel. On arriving at the hotel we were met at the door and our bags brought in for us. Our check-in was done very quickly and efficently and we went straight to our room which was on the 4th floor. Our room was looking down onto the lounge of the hotel . We did ask when booking for a room looking out over Catalunya Square but we didnt mind when we saw how beautifully decorated and how spotlessly clean it was. The room was great with a celing to floor electronic black out blind - it really did keep the room in darkness.The shower was amazing - so powerfull and refreshing. A full mini bar, safe , flat screen tv , hairdryer, it hadd it all. The outside terrace was lovely and they turned on the patio heaters for us whenever we sat out there. Staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpfull. Overall I found this hotel excellent and cannot fault it . When our taxi driver asked us where we were staying - he said the olivia plaza hotel is the best locate hotel in Barcelona. Its right at the top of Las Rambla and on Catalunya Sq. Be carefull when you are getting a taxi from the airport to your hotel . our taxi driver had €26.50 on the metre before we got in . In total our taxi cost €45.00 to the hotel . On the way back the hotel called us a taxi and that cost €25.00 - big difference. Also be also on your guard for pick pockets . If you get the bus from the airport - mind your passport. 4 peole that stayed at our hotel had there passports robbed on the bus from the airport to the hotel.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Martin-from-Nptn

Just returned from 4 days in Barcelona, staying 3 nights at the Olivia Plaza. We spent a long time researching hotels before we booked. The Olivia Plaza certainly lived up to the reviews we had previously read. It is perfectly located, just a stones throw from the bus stop from the airport and right in front of the square. We stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the square and didn't find it noisey. The room was very clean and well looked after. We couldn't find fault with the facilities. We had read that the hotel lacked atmosphere and this was the case in the restaurant. It seems as though everyone eats out at night. We did have a meal one night and the service was excellent. The food was equally as good and very well presented. We were one of a few diners. It just depends on your likes and dislikes for atmosphere. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found the breakfast very good. Our only comments would be that the hotel could provide tea/coffee making facilities in the room and information on local attractions. The hotel provided a safe storage facility for our luggage so we could spend our last day looking around the city 'case free' . Book with stay with confidence!

I loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Jenni_michael

I stayed in Olivia Plaza for three nights wiv my boyfriend in January and loved it!

I thought the hotel was fantastic, i loved all the modern furniture and style. Staff were friendly and helpful, if u ask them for directions or best places to go they were happy to help.

The hotel could not have been placed in a better location it was perfect for tour buses, metro, main shops and next to the hard rock cafe which was lovely!

Overall very pleased with this hotel and the holiday, hopefully i will be going back and when do i wouldn't consider stayin anywere else.

Loved Barcelona

by TripAdvisor Member DBailey1

Really enjoyed our stay at the Olivia Plaza. The hotel is modern and clean and the staff are very friendly. I was feeling hungry one afternoon whilst sat outside having a drink with my husband. The barman rustled up a snack for me even though they weren't serving food. The patio area is a sun trap in the afternoon and a chill out area at night. The Olivia Plaza is just round the corner from La Rambla. I was originally looking for a hotel on La Rambla but after going there I'm glad I didn't. The tour buses operate from just across the road, making the hotel a perfect base for anyone who wants to go sight seeing. The buses take you to all the main tourist sights and you can hop on and off at any point - another bus is usually only 5-10 minutes behind the one you just got off. There are guides on these buses who tell you a little about the sights in a range of languages. After an exhusting day the Olivia Plaza makes the perfect place to unwind. Our room had a view over La Placa de Catalunya. Il Courte Ingles is just across the road which is brilliant for shopping. Places I recommend seeing are:

Placa de L'Armada - This is where you can get a cable car down to port vell. We were going to do this but it was very busy and seemed expensive. But there is a tapas bar/burger bar at the top. This is great to have a bite to eat with a beer and gives you a great view of the port and the rest of the city.

Sagrada Familia - As you wait in the queue for (about 10 mins) to get in you will get a few people asking for money (normally nuns). These people are grateful for the smallest amount of money so whilst you don't want to be giving all of your money to beggers it is often easier to give a few cent and they will leave you alone. When you get inside it is magnificent. It is quite busy but worth it. The queue for the lift to the top is the worst (up to an hour) but once you are there the only way down is by the steps - you can't go down in the lift - don't go up if you hate heights. I'm not normally bothered but it even turned my stomach! Great photo oportunities.

La Rambla - Plenty of bars and restaurants. The chairs and table set out on the pavement are normally for people eating. But alot of choice. Quite a few performers along there which always draws a massive crowd.

Port Vell - This area is full of restaurants. There was on that stuck out during our stay. That was the boat restaurant. There is normally a big queue to eat on the boat itself but if you aren't bothered and will eat on the quayside they can normally find a table straight away. This is a great place for tapas.

Font Magica - The dancing fountain was a great night. The fountain is lit up and dances to the music. Right at the top of the steps is a small caravan selling beers with a few chairs. This makes a great place to watch the show. But as soon as the music stops be prepared to make a mad dash for the taxis as there are hundreds of people there and not enough taxis. This was on our last night an rounded off a great trip. I will definitely go back as there is so much more my husband and I want to see.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Italiafan

Had originally booked the Fira Palace but changed when I saw how far it was from the center and checked the reviews for Olivia Plaza. This is an excellent location and outside the hotel are the stops for the tourist bus and the bus to the airport. You are right on the Ramblas and a short walk from the main Gaudi attractions - so all in all first class location. Hotel is very modern, clean and liked design. Room was exciting, great design, very minimalist and excellent shower. Although we were on 8th floor overlooking square could still hear traffic at night but it reduces if you close the blinds fully. Its a fantastic view . Great flat screen tv in wall, bed firm but comfortable. Only complaint was pillows are a bit hard. Did not have breakfast at hotel. Had taken our own kettle but there is a good coffee shop next door so brought back coffee and croissants. Ate twice at 7Portes , bit pricey but fantastic lunch. All in all a fantastic stay and would recommend this hotel.

Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member PurpleRoses

Location is very good. The room is clean and quite spacious - and while it looks fabulous - we soon realise it was far from great.
The layout of the toilet and bathroom gives no privacy and as such makes it unsuitable for anyone but couples. One needs to duck naked into the shower box from the main room and after the shower, come out to grab your clothes. You can also see the person showering from the room as the shower box is glass. Furthermore water from the shower leaked into the separate toilet.
In winter the temperature of the room was a ridiculous 28deg. We spent a very unhappy night sweating it out . We had to badger the hotel many times the next day before they admited they could turn on the airconditioning. (Why did they deny this to begin with?) When we were checking out another couple complained of the same problem.
Both ourselves and another couple at the checkout found unaccounted minibar charges on our bill. These were removed promptly when we denied consuming them but it annoys me because many times people don't check their bills as they are rushing to checkout.
Our room had windows that looked into the atrium of the hotel which means zero privacy as anyone from the lift lobby can see us.
Requests for extra towels were not met despite being agreed to. Also essential items like tissue paper were not replenished, you are given a tiny pretty box with 5pieces!

So I have to say I was rather disappointed with my stay here at Olivia Plaza. The room is however beautifully furnished and may appeal to those who do not mind the issues I had raised.

Highly Recommended, Perfect Location!

by TripAdvisor Member PartyDude69

Hotel Olivia is a new hotel with exceptionally stylish and comfortable rooms located directly on Plaza de Catalunya in downtown Barcelona.
You really can't beat the location, with it being on the plaza it is 1 block from Las Ramblas, 1 block from Rambla de Catalunya and many other great streets for shopping, restaurants, and bars. One of the best things is that everything is walkable, and that the both the Tourist Bus and Airport bus (called Aerobus) dropoff/pickup points are located directly in front of the hotel!
Request a room facing the Plaza if they have any available and you won't be disappointed. The rooms are all brand new with very stylish and modern interiors. If possible, request a 9th floor room as it provides a huge outdoor patio overlooking the square which is great for relaxing and people watching or just taking some sun.
You will definitely enjoy your stay at Hotel Olivia on the Plaza.

You won't go wrong with this hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member sheely

We stayed at this hotel 8-11 Dec 06, It was wonderful, there was a slight problem with the booking when we got there as I had booked via Opodo and the hotel had'nt received the booking conformation from them but they sorted it out straight away.(and Opodo have apolozed and rectifyed their mistake)within minutes we were sorted out and on our way to our room. We were on the 10 floor over looking the square - brilliant, even if the room was at the back of the hotel you had a good view and could see the sea. The hotel and our room is very, very clean(and I am very very fussy!)The rooms and bathrooms are very modern, lovely big bed, linen very clean, and they even turn your covers down while your out in the evenings and put a chocolate on your pillow, the staff are very helpful, security on the hotel front door 24/7. We did'nt eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food but it was busy so that says alot, there are lots of restaurents and bars within very easy walking distance and we prefer to choose differant places to eat but one restaurant we would recommend go to is "Nuria" lovely friendly staff(at top of Ramblas)do nice breakfast too, also right next to hotel is a good cafe for breakfast etc. Hotel is central to anywhere you want to go, turn left out of hotel left into Ramblas keep walking for about 10mins and your at the harbour!! lovely bars & Tapas!! Barcelona is a lovely city the weather was cold but sunny, and I feel very lucky to have found this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. P.S. I booked it on others reviews too, you won't go wrong.

More alleyways, more laundry...More alleyways, more laundry...

Colourful masterpiece by Miro of the lady and theColourful masterpiece by Miro of the lady and the

SIGHTSEEING FROM LA PEDRERASIGHTSEEING FROM LA PEDRERA

Cases Rocamora - June 2008Cases Rocamora - June 2008

hotel accomadation

by FATIMAO

hi there please can anyone recomend a 3/4 star hotel in a central location in barcelona
thanks

by frachal73

www.h10hotels.com (Htl Universitat & Montcada or Racó del Pi)
www.apsishotels.com (Htl Millenni)
www.nh-hotels.com (Htl Duc de la Victoria)

by Belsaita

The ones said above are the hotels my company use/reccomend to business visitors. No one has complaint yet! ;)
In addition you can have a look at these:
- http://www.splendia.com/es/hotel-olivia-plaza-barcelona.html

we had a 4**** for only 90 euros per night
good luck!

otjesjr

by Jetgirly

Hotel Regencia Colon (three stars) or its sister, Hotel Colon (four stars). Both on the square that houses the Cathedral.

hostels near Estacio del Nord

by MiniSky

Hi,
I am going to Barcelona on Oct 23. I will arrive at Girona airport at 23:55 and will probably get to the Estacio del Nord around 1:30 in the morning. I was wondering if I could walk from the bus station to Plaza Catalunya as many 24-hour hostels are located there. Otherwise I have to try to find an open hostel near the bus station. Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance!

by Joacim

To walk from the busstation to Placa Cataluna is a nice walk for around 20-30 min (my estimation), if you don't have a lot of luggage :) Another solution is to take a taxi, safer, cheap and a lot more convenient.

by Belsaita

Did you look for hostels/hostales in El Born area? (It's very nice and not far from the bus station) In any case, if you stay right near the station (no idea bout accommodation there, sorry) its a good and quite central area to stay

depending on how long are you staying, your likes and your travel plans... spending one night in Girona (centre) and traveling next day by train to Barcelona may be an option. Girona is a wonderful place to spend at last a few hours....

have a great trip

by frachal73

The nearest choice is Hotel Confortel Auditorium, in front of the main entrance of the station, or Aparthotel Napols, a few minutes walk.

www.confortelhoteles.com
www.napols.net

by MiniSky

I have checked the website of the hotels but I am afraid they are beyond my budget. Anyway, I am glad the busstation is not far from the city center. Thanks a lot!

by punchy

Arthostal.com is very near to Nord Station. A cool place indeed. You could be there around 1,30, yes,, but e-mail them about their checking-in policy( 2,00 o’clock, I thing.) Greeting. Or try hostal Ribagorza ( not the same but 5 min. from the station too). Greetings.

by vonneclouie

Confortel Auditori is a 0.1 Miles from Estacio del Nord, Nh Podium is 0.33 Miles from the bus station... you could have your stay here...

If you really wanted to go Plaza Catalunya From Estació del Nord i would also suggest to take a taxi to the apartments or hotels as what have been mentioned by other.

For Barcelona Hotels near Plaza Catalunya you could have Olivia Plaza Hotel(0.1 km from Plaza Catalunya). For more information on Barcelona hotels and accommodation, just check this out... http://www.hcchotels.es... Hope it would greatly help...

Comments