Omni House

Down-town Barcelona.Down-town Barcelona.

Placa ReialPlaca Reial

Fish marketFish market

Catedral La SeuCatedral La Seu

opening hours and days of the week

by normavella

Please can you tell me if El Corte Inglais Barcelona will be opened on the 14th.June 2009 as it happens to be on a Sunday. Thanking you in advance

Re: opening hours and days of the week

by qaminari

Not really a travel question, you could google for this sort of thing - but yes, according to their website they are open on Sundays http://www.elcorteingles.es/corporativo/horarios/eng/cataluna.asp

Some Sundays yes, but in general - no

by freland

Hi
according to their website El Corte Ingles is usually closed on Sundays,
except before CHristmas or some sales dates.

Perhaps you could find some shops open on Sunday in Maremagnum ,
but I don't know if this what you are looking for ...

A:)

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Internet cafes

by HORSCHECK

Barcelona has plenty of Internet cafes, especially near La Rambla and beween Placa de Catalunya and the University. I often went to the easyInternetCafes at La Rambla or at Ronda Universitat. Depending on the daytime they charge between 0,80 and 2,00 EURO per hour. You purchase a credit number at a machine. Then you are able to log on at any PC as often as you like until the credit is exceeded.

Siesta!

by Meadows11

One of the things that I was most impressed by during my time in Spain was the relaxed, easy-going vibe that I got. Everyone I met seemed really chilled out, and in all the time I've spent there, I don't think I ever saw someone in a rush!!

Each afternoon small shops and other places of work shut for a couple of hours for a relaxing kip. This is what they call siesta, and if you ask me it sounds like a bloody good idea!

ABSOLUTELY two pairs of comfortable shoes.

by Misha_abq

COMFORTABLE shoes. Let me say it again--Comfortable shoes. Barcelona and Porto have serious cobblestone streets that will do your feet and body in and kill any form of shoe with a heel!!!!! Two pairs with plenty of socks--'cause focused tour freaks like us will go for hours and those tootsies get sweaty. (Did Rome with only one good pair and I was a mess by the end.) Pic of my worn Clark espadrilles! (Coming soon)
Look at my overall tip suggestions in Miscellaneous Tips for one list.

Views of Rock Hamlet Castel-Fullit

by atufft

My personal favorite and least known "off-the-beaten-path" town in Catalunya, just outside Barcelona, is Castel-Fullit. This rock precipice hamlet was frequently shown in areal photos during the Olympics on NBC television, when the host anchors broke for a commercial. We visited Castel-Fullit because my wife's cousin, a former Cataluyan senator to Madrid, and the owner of a salami factory in town, lived there. He was a major property owner in town. Now the sausage factory is closed, but the many old stone homes remain and will be restored as residences because many have spectacular views over the surrounding countryside. I took these photos from below the citadel town, where there's a community garden of sort, and a reservoir servicing the towns need for irrigation.

Great retro deign and gadget shop

by edinburgher about Vincon

This place has furniture, gadgets, kitchenware, toys - just anything you want which looks cool. It's up the road from Dom which is similar but I think Vincon is better. There's a branch in Madrid too apparently.

Comments