c/Jose Anselm Clave 27, Barcelona, 08002, Spain

Satisfaction Average

More about Barcelona

Sagrada FamiliaSagrada Familia

MontserratMontserrat

Church of the Sagrada Famila - BarcelonaChurch of the Sagrada Famila - Barcelona

View of some of the cityView of some of the city

Barcelona airport to Barcelona port Moll Adossat (TAXI FOR 5)

by valcandy

Anyone know of local companies in Spain (Barcelona)that offers pre-book taxis that can take up to 5 people (the large international companies that offer airport transfers were quoting expensive prices).

Can one flag a taxi that is in the form of a people’s carrier in these places?

I called a few taxi companies in Barcelona, they only take 4, which means we will have to take 2 taxis. It’s difficult to communicate what you want, as I don’t speak Spanish.

by MaheshSamtani

The distance from the airport to the cruise terminal that you want to get to is about 25 minutes and the best option could be a taxi which could cost between 25 to 30 Euros. However taxis take a max. of 4 passengers. You might however find taxis with more capacity ( which I am not very sure about). I am giving you a link to the taxi infomration for the city of Barcelona. The page is in english. however should you need any assistance such as making a call with any doubts that you may have, please inform me and I would be delighted to help you.

Best regards
mahesh

by valcandy

Thank you very much.

Yes I tried that site before.

I found this site, www.barcelonatransfers.es but they quoted me 45 euros for the trip, which I think is a bit high.

Not sure if someone calls in Spanish would it be any cheaper.

by Miguelzgz

Taxis are expensive in Spain. I think 45 euros for a big vehicle, eable for more than 4 persons, and a 25 minutes ride....is not a scam. I hope you will find a better deal, but....to be true, I doubt about it.

Good luck.

by Badger1492

You probably will have to take 2 taxis considering that you will have luggage. Another idea would be to take the Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya then take taxis to the cruise ship which is not that far from Pl. Catalunya.

by jkmjpd

We are planning a trip mid-October to stay in Barcelona a week before we depart on a cruise. We will have four people and eight to ten bags. This is the email I received. I hope this helps.

Hello
Thank you for contacting BARCELONA TAXI VAN
Price for requested services is
Airport-City: Euro 50
City-Port: Euro 35

These are closed prices which include taxes, luggage and air conditioned
vehicle.

Kind regards,
BARCELONA TAXI VAN
info@barcelonataxivan.com
email for reservations prior to arrival

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Walk up and down Las Ramblas...

by jengilpin

Walk up and down Las Ramblas (I hope I'm spelling this right!). It is a long road that goes through the heart of the city where you will find all kinds of street performers. It was really fun and I lost all track of time. I loved the Gaudi buildings. It is worth seeking them out to explore the design. Trust me, it's like nothing you've ever encountered!

Explore BARCELONA CATHEDRAL

by Sharrie

Explore BARCELONA CATHEDRAL if you're into anything Romaneque & gothic. Robby, take note, this is for your next visit. Barcelona Cathedral was not finished until late 19th century. The twin bell tower dated from 1386 while the main facade was not completed until 1889!

The Cathedral

by globetrott

The whole structure and building of the cathedral differs a lot from the churches in Austria and Germany

Here they got a central room inside the church, with the special seats like shown on the other pics

Colonia Guell Crypt

by mindcrime

After seeing so many modernism buildings I didn’t expect to be surprised with another Gaudi’s work, but I did! This church crypt was build by Gaudi in 1914 (begun in 1899) in basaltic stone bricks while some mosaics give an “archaic” touch! Gaudi tried here several styles (and that is the amazing thing about) so to get ready for the construction of Sagrada Familia. I was walking for minutes between the five aisles, checking the columns, the porch (columns made of terracotta bricks) the roof etc

E.Guell, a rich man of his era wanted to create a new factory area at this grounds (that era away from Barcelona) that would provide a nice, healthy and family friendly environment for the workers of the textile factory. Have in mind that the famous Guell Park (the most of the tourists visit anyway) hadn’t been created yet. So, he asked Gaudi to design the area for the community. Gaudi build the church while other architects created buildings for other cultural activities etc

Actually Gaudi didn’t manage to complete the whole church (that was supposed to be over the crypt) and that’s why we see only the crypt now.

We took several photos of the exterior too and then we walked on the roof of it.

The crypt is open daily 10.00-19.00(weekends till 15.00). From November to April 10.00-15.00. The entrance fee is 4 euro but for some strange reason you cant find tickets near the Crypt but you have to walk down the road at another building!

The crypt is located at Colonia Guell, at Santa Coloma.
You can take the train(S4, S7, S8) from Plaza Espanya to Colonia Guell. There is a train every 15’ and the ride will take about 25’.

Spanish Fashion

by aliante1981 about Zara

A local name for smart clothing. ýZaraý is a chain, and it is fast expanding in Europe (Milan is another place where I have been to their outlet, and I know of many more). Prices are moderate for the type of clothing it produces, but you are to like suits and jackets to be more likely to find something you would just love to get. As that is just the kind of clothing I prefer, ýZaraý was perfect for me.

Where you can find them:

- LýIlla del Diagonal - the huge shopping mall where they have a section - thatýs the one I have been to
- Passeig de Gracia
-Avinguda del Portal de lýAngel Less than for big fashion names, but more than for department store clothing.

Comments