Pere IV

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Gorgeous Hotel

We arrived late Friday evening for a 4 night stay - on arrival I was very impressed with the hotel but not the location!! Standing at the front door of the hotel, your view is boarded up buildings, another hotel at the corner, a car garage and little much else. Needless to say, I was not impressed.
    However, we ventured inside and were Promptly checked-in by very helpful, English speaking staff. Our room was located on the 6th floor, which was spacious, clean and nicely decorate - Large TV, free welcome mini bar, gorgeous bathroom. Our room did not have a view as such, our only window was looking out onto the adjoining four walls which surrounded the indoor swimming pool - we could see into the pool - and was covered by a roof.

As it was quite late we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, which serves until 10.30pm, rather than venture into the city. The 'restaurant' is not what I would call a restaurant, more of a diner/cafe, menu is quite restrictive and consists mostly of beef and duck, and our waiter could not understand us too well. I had the honeyed beef and my partner had the steak - both which were quite expensive and in my opinion, over-priced. The portions were tiny and neither were particularly appetizing. I wouldn't recommend eating here for dinner, however the breakfast was quite tasty with quite a selection of breads, fruit, eggs, yogurt etc.

On the Saturday morning we decided figure out where this big city was and after a mere 3 minute walk we arrived at the metro station. You can buy your ticket at a machine once you enter the station - thankfully we met an English couple who ave lived there for a few years and they showed us the machine and explained how to use it - it is quite simple really. After a 5 minute journey we arrived in the city - so really, the hotel is quite well located.

You can use the internet in the hotel for a fee of €3.50 for 30 minutes.
    Don't forget your adapter - it costs €6 in the hotel. There are no coffee/tea making facilities in the room. The bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer and an iron and ironing board will be delivered to your room on request.
    There is a 24 hour room service menu available.

We went to the pool on two occasions (which is opened from 7am to 9.30pm). The pool isn't particularly big and neither is the jacuzzi(fits 2-3) however, it wasn't particularly busy during our stay and was therefore of satisfactory size. The is a steam room, sauna and gym. I think there is a charge of €8 per person per day, however, this was included in the price of our room.

Unique Quality: .

Directions: District 22

• THE NEW HOTEL PERE IV

The hotel has changed, now it is much better than before, the rooms have been renewed, with new curtains and covers, more functional. All the TVs are LCD, and they have built a Spa, where you can relax at the end of the day.

The restaurant has a very good cuisine, good quality products and a vanguardist touch.

Unique Quality: SPA, FITNESS, RESTAURANT, BREAKFAST, COFFEE BAR, STAFF

Directions: 22@, very well comunicated with the center

• pure1942's Profile Photo

Great Value for great hotel

The Pere IV Hotel was recommended to me by my parents who stayed here two years ago and were really impressed with the Hotel and its service and facilities. I have to say their advice was good as this hotel really was excellent value for money. We paid E90 a night for this hotel which was much cheaper than others of a similar standard nearer the city centre.
    The area in whihc the hotel is located, is rather dull and rundown which is probably the determining factor in the low comparitive price of the hotel. However the area did feel safe to walk in during the day and although there are a couple of nightclubs in the area (at weekends) we couldn't hear them from our room although we were not at the very rear of the hotel where the clubs are located.
    The hotel is not located in the city centre but there is a metro station very near the hotel (Bogatell) which is just one stop from Port Olympic and four stops from the city centre. (10 minutes by metro from hotel to centre)
    The hotel also provides a great buffet breakfast which really impressed my parents when they returned but was not included in our room price. You could avail of the buffet but we thought it was quite expensive at E15 per person.
    The only things I didn't like about hotel were the lack of coffee making facilities in room (available for E6!!!) this should be included in a four star hotel. Also E2.00 per night to avail of the use of the room safe is not reasonable.

Unique Quality: Lovely indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym.
    Nice bar and lobby area.
    Spacious rooms with satellite T.V.

Directions: Take Metro Line 4 (Yellow) towards Le Pau and get out at Bogatell Station. On exiting the station go straight on and take first left. Take second right and the hotel is located on the right hand side of the road. Walk from the Metro is about two minutes.

• Four Star Hotel in the Middle of Nowhere

We stayed at the Pere IV hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. However, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and is surrounded by commercial buildings. While the hotel does have a pool and hot tub, these are tiny. It takes at least 20 minutes to walk to either the Arch/Zoological Park or port areas. The nearest metro stop was closed when we were there and the next closest stop was about a 10 minute walk through a very questionable area. At night the area is extremely desserted with only a couple bars nearby. Food at the hotel is okay, but not memorable. The breakfast is way overpriced (12 Euros) and featured bland faire with no fresh fruit available. The hotel charges for everything from the key to the lock in your hotel room (3 Euros a day) to use of the internet from the lobby (8 Euros per hour). The lobby bar is bright and lively in the evening and does make for a nice place to meet friends for a drink. I would not recommend this location unless you can't find a hotel that is closer in.

Directions: Middle of Nowehere

• timtregenza's Profile Photo

Iberia's stopping place

My stay, was, in a word - short.

This hotel is one of Iberia's regular drop off for the person whose connection is not held. Hence I arrived at 11.30pm and departed at 5am.

What I saw was pleasant enough though.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

My room at Pere IV Hotel

This is a view of my room in the hotel Pere IV.
    As you can see is very spacious and with very nice furnitures and a big TV. something unusual here in Spain,normally in all hotels the TV are very small!. :-)

• Hosell's Profile Photo

A great place just outside of downtown

Is a new four stars hotel,it is located in a very quiet quarter just outside of Barcelona's center and very close to the Olimpic Village & Harbour and also a very short walk from the Park of Ciutadella.

A good option to stay in a nice or luxury hotel in Spain,is booking the room and pay with "Bono Hotel",you can have them in any Travel Agency and you can save lots of money.I just payed three coupons of 25 Euros each to stay in this very nice hotel for one night,then it was 75 Euros per night instead 125!.You can buy them also online,check out this website for more information: www.bonohotel.com

Unique Quality: Is one of best hotels that I stayed lately,has an interior swimming pool,spa,jacuzzi,two restaurants,a few conventions rooms.
    The rooms are spacious and with very nice decorated,there are: a big TV,air conditioned,hair dryier,and a free mini bar.The breakfast it cost 9 Euros and is a huge buffet located on first floor next tho the pool area.Also has a very reasonable room service.
    Around the hotel are not too many nice things to see,but you'll find some restaurants and bars and close to Olimpic Harbour also some shops and a shopping center.

More about Pere IV

A Weekend Break at Pere IV

Just returned from Barcelona from an Easter Bank Holiday weekend break at the Pere IV. Thanks to you all for your views and comments prior to my visit. It was a great help during my stay. Now that I can talk 'frank' and first hand about the hotel, here area few notes.

-Cheapest (and least hassle exc taxi!), to get to Pere IV from the airport is to jump on the train.( About 1.15 euros each - it's the train on the right as you look down the platform!!). Get off at Catalunya (red line). This brings you out on Ramblas. Taxi to hotel from there (to avoid station changes and lumping baggage in the streets). Taxi will cost about 7 euros & take 5-10 minutes. Fraction of taxi from airport. Train only stops about 3/4 times and takes approx. 15-20 mins.
-Hotel location was 'OK' (in view of earlier comments.) Not quite on the Ramblas but not too far out. It was clean, well presented and the staff were very friendly. In my opinion it was a good, but modest 4star and for the price, it offered more than excellent value for money.

Plus Points.
Location is better than it's been given credit for. Take a left as you walk out the hotel, then immediate left again. A 10 minute, leisure stroll to the beach takes you to Playa Olympia. This is were you can get more fish restaurants than you could wish for. (Oh, and a McDonalds & a Pizza Hut for those junk food junkies!!). For those of us young at heart, plenty of disco's, clubs and bars here to, including an Irish Bar for any 'black stuff' lovers (with live music). Look out for the Casino. Worth a visit this if you like a bit of a gamble (classy joint with a very good restaurant).
-Back to the hotel. Room service up to midnight. (handy for late night munchies)
-Swimming Pool & Spa facilities (Don't forget your cossy!!). Good and clean.
-Excellent bar and reception. (The San Miguel went down a treat!)
-Quiet rooms (away from the outside noise (a defo plus from staying on the Ramblas)
-Taxi in/out Ramblas only 5-7 euros (I consider this cheap as I pay more for a taxi back home).
-Room very clean and changed daily.
-Room has free mini bar (see neg points on this one)
-Plenty of complimentary extras. Hair-drier, Toothbrush, shoe shines, shampoos (and all that). There were 3 phones in the hotel room. 1/Bedside, 2/lounge area & 3/ In the bathroom, next to the loo!!! (not quite sure what the 3rd telephone was all about in the bathroom, but I've given it a plus point because you never know. What ever 'floats your boat'. It's a way of passing time on the loo I suppose!!!!!)
-Breakfast was good but typical of a 4 star hotel. Plenty of coffee and juice, along with toast, sticky buns/rolls and fruit. Fry-up lovers will need to settle for scrambled egg, bacon and mini sausages only (no mushrooms or black pud!!).

Negative Points
Not too many of these as overall the Pere IV really was a nice hotel. They're a bit trivial but worth a mention.
-Free minibar. Two points to make here. Bring your own bottle opener. (I think these things go on their holidays back to the UK everytime someone checks out!!)
-Minibar wasn't replaced during the 4 days we were there. (so much for the freebies!!). However, a quick visit to the shops and a few euros later will stock this baby with as much drink & chocolate as needed).
-No kettle. If you're anything like my wife who likes coffee on the hour every hour, then a travel kettle is a must (not forgeting travel plugs, mugs, spoons etc, oh & the coffee & sugar!!)
-TV. Not that we stayed in much. Only English talking channel is CNN (News channel). Can get a bit boring when your 'having a minute' to chill out with all that self purchased booze and chocolate from the minibar!!! Watched Lethal Weapon in Germany... ...and when did Homer Simpson learn to speak Spanish!!

Covered all key points there. To all planning on a visit to Pere IV, have a great time. Honestly you'll love the Hotel. It only concludes after all my comments... ...would I go back to Pere IV? Without a doubt. !! (Have Fun) NGK

Excellant Hotel

Just returned from 3 nights at the Pere IV. Can't say enough good things about the hotel. It's spotlessly clean, very nice & quiet and has everything you could want for a few days sightseeing, including free mini bar for soft drinks etc. I would recommend the bed & breakfast option, the breakfast is excellant with loads of choice both hot & cold. The only down side is the area where the hotel is situated in terms of being rundown and the graffiti which seems to be just about everywhere.

The restaurant, although very good, did not have enough selection for our tastes, much better to stroll to the Port Olympic and get a meal there.

The best recommendation that I can give is to say we intend to go to Barcelona again, as three days is not enough, and we intend to go back to Pere Iv.

A very good surprise on a modest location

by TripAdvisor Member jportela

I've arrived from a 3 night stay at the Pere IV. First conclusion: it is exactly as the majoraty of the reviews say, a very good 4**** hotel well located in terms of distance and accessability from public transport, but the area itself is very poor. Don't feel frigthned because it is really safe, besides the industrial looking. I would definetely come back if I could not afford one 4**** in Passeig de Gracia.

Hotels in Barcelona.

by lanheses

Hi all, any recommendations on a central hotel for 50-100 euros? I would love to stay in walking distance to all the sights and Las Ramblas. Thanks!

Re: Hotels in Barcelona.

by pure1942

Hi ya.
I stayed in agreat hotel in Barcelona City Centre. Pere IV is located very close to Barceloneta and the olympic village and is excellent value for money. You will get hotels closer to La Rambla but these will be much more expensive. The Pere IV hotel is located right beside the bogatell metro stop (3-4 stops from the very centre of Barcelona and is walking distance to the olympic Village. My parent's, friends and my girlfriends parents have all stayed here and have all had good things to say about the hotel. For kore info on the hitel, check out my accomm. tip on my Barcelona page.
Enjoy Barcelona
Brian

Re: Hotels in Barcelona.

by Joacim

When I was in Barcelona I stayed in Hesperia Metropol, which was a nice hotell in the middle of Barri Gotic. The price when I was there (in december) was around €60 per night but I suppose that will have gone up now during the summer. You can find the hotel on this link. http://www.hesperia.com/hotels/Hesperia-Metropol/

Comments