Residencia Australia Hostal Barcelona

Ronda Universitat 11 4�º 1, Barcelona, Spain

Hostal Residencia Australia
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• Great service!

My mother and I stayed here in August, and found Thomas to be a hospitable, friendly host. He helped us with our luggage over to the other part of the hotel, and made sure we knew our way around the neighborhood. The room and bathroom were squeaky clean. Every necessary amenity was available, and the location can't be beat - only a couple of blocks from Placa Catalunya. To top it all off, when there was a mix-up the second time we were through Barcelona and could not stay at the hotel, and the one Thomas booked us into turned out to be terrible, he refunded our money OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. Not very many hoteliers would do this, particularly owners of smaller hotels. He stuck by his word, and I appreciate it!

Unique Quality: Near everything - shops, restaurants, entertainment, subway, bus, grocery store, department store.....you name it!

Directions: Two blocks from Placa Catalunya

• Nice and cosy

I definitely recommend this pension. It has an excellent location, prices are very reasonable and the owner is very friendly and accommodating. It was just what we were looking for.

Music is important in this household as the owner really is an international jazz composer and we also had the priviledge of meeting major jazz musicians at his home. Residencia Australia is also the home of this family. The live on the premises.

Unique Quality: The human flavour
    Tha cat.
    Homy
    Good views.
    Simple and clean

Directions: In between plaça catalunya and plaça universitat.
    Next to the subway Universitat

• I have written the reviw twice. How can I erase it

Unique Quality: Good top floor views.
    Very warm and friendly.
    Excellent location.
    Cheap price.
    Excellent travel information

• A little oasis in Barcelona

Our family lives in the north of Spain. We travel quite frequently to Barcelona and lately has decided to stay at this Hostal.

We enjoy it´s location as it is very close to the Ramblas and right in the middle if the shopping district . The rooms are nice , they have shared facilities and also private rooms that come with tv radio, air con, a hairdryer and what I like best tea and coffee.

The owners are Australian / Spanish as they lived in Australia for over 30 years and their children were born and brought up there. One of the sons is now a profesor at L.S.U and the other at the Paul Mc cartney Institute of Music.

Unique Quality: Good top floor views.
    Very warm and friendly.
    Excellent location.
    Cheap price.
    Excellent travel information

Directions: 100 metres from the Ramblas. Opposite the hotel Jazz.

• Dutch1980's Profile Photo

Good located clean Hostal

We had a Quad room and it was very clean. We were staying at the street side but had no real trouble of the traffic.
    There is a subway underground that you sometimes here, but it was no problem to me.
    It is located close to the Ramblas.
    And has no curfew

Check the site and make reservations for a good and not to crowded Hostal.

The is a Common Room were you can have free cofee and thee but I didn't saw much people there...

Unique Quality: Good location
    Free Coffee and thee ( and fruit in the Morning)
    Free internet
    Friendly Staff

Directions: The hostel is just 5 minutes from the Plaza Cataluny

If you are taking the underground get on the red line( line 1) and stop at Universitat stop

AIRPORT SHUTTLE - outside airport door ( just to the right- aerobus ) get off at Universidad Square € 3.90

• MoniLove71's Profile Photo

Home away from Home

My mother and I stayed at the Residencia Australia and we were incredibly happy with our experience at this wonderful hostal. Tomas, the owner, was very pleasant, informative, and really made our stay a joy. It was nice to return after a day of sightseeing and have someone there who was generally interested in what you did and to offer helpful advice.

The location is perfect! The Autobus from the airport drops you off a half block from the front door. There?s a metro stop across the street, a bus stop in the very front, and many restaurants and coffee shops around. There was an ATM a few doors down and an internet cafe 2 blocks away. I was very happy with the convenience of everything.

We reserved the Tasmanian room which had its own bathroom, mini refrigerator, and television, air conditioning and tea kettle. The room was very, very clean and comfortable. This room runs 70 euros a night but they do offer other rooms that share a bathroom for a lesser price that are equally as nice. There never appeared to be a problem getting into the 2 shared bathrooms and the same quality of cleanliness was apparent in these areas.

I highly recommend this hostal to everyone. When I return to Barcelona, I will definitely return here.

Thanks again Tomas for your hospitality!!!!

M?nica

Directions: The guesthouse is between El Ravel and Exiample neighborhoods. Very close the the University of Barcelona.

• Great Hostal

Our stay at Residencia Australia was perfect. The hostal is owned by a family, who were all very warm and friendly. They were happy to give us advice on whatever we were looking for and spoke fluent English. There are two locations, each part of the owners' homes, about a block from each other. We chose to stay in an 'en suite' room. They also have rooms available that share a bathroom, depending on how much you would like to spend. It is located near Placa Catalunya, making transportation very convenient via the train or walking. The rooms were very clean and more spacious than we expected. We would definitely come back again!

Unique Quality: Location, price and service were all wonderful.

Directions: A few blocks off Placa Catalunya

• Orbital_'s Profile Photo

You won't be spending much time indoors anyway...

The owner is an affable Aussie-Spaniard with plenty of local knowledge for things to do and things to steer well clear of. Rates are very competitive indeed and the location is very convenient being only a few minutes walk from the Placa de Catalunya. The rooms are fairly spartan but comfortable enough. Besides, you’re probably only after a place to rest your head as you’ll be spending most of your time out exploring the city.

Directions: Ronda Universidad Nº11, 4º1ª,
    Barcelona 08007, Spain

• Nantosvelta's Profile Photo

Down Under in Barcelona

It is a very good located, friendly place.
    The rooms are a bit small and noisy but hey what do you expect for this price in the heart of Barcelona!
    The owners are very friendly and helpful. When I arrived I received a lot of useful info about how to make the best of my time in the city.
    It is called Residencia Australia because its owners have lived in Australia for some time. They came back to Spain in 1975 and founded this hostel.

Unique Quality: The ancient small elevator.
    I am not phobic about elevators but this one made me come close. It dates from the nineteen twenties and a sign says it is forbidden to take the elevater to go down, too dangerous...
    So I took the stairs up the first two times but whith Spains hot climate I soon had to give up and overcome my fears.

Directions: It is very near Placa Catalunya and the Ramblas.

• monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo

Laboured Neighbours pun here

Residencia Australia is a small and friendly place run by the Lorenzo family. The establishment's name comes from the owners' history: they moved to Australia from Spain to escape Franco, and moved back after the dictator died, reopening the hostel which had been confiscated by the fascists. It offers comfortable, cosy, and characterful rooms at reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly and helpful; if you don't know your way around Barcelona they'll give you a few guidelines and tips on arrival, along with a very useful street map. Tomas Lorenzo is also a musician and probably won't mind me plugging his website (http://www.thomaslorenzo.com). He actually sells his CDs, one of which was recommended in Playboy magazine, on the reception desk. He also lives on the premises.

It's only a few minutes walk away from Plaça Catalunya and the Ramblas and is very close to the Universitat metro station, so has good transport links and a good location.

The rooms have good, powerful ceiling fans and heating for the winter. There's a keep-the-noise-down-please policy after 10pm, which helps make the place suitable for families without being draconian, and you have your own set of keys so can come and go as you please.

If you want somewhere cosy, personal, and affordable, you would have to try hard to find somewhere better than this.

Directions: Ronda Universidad runs directly from Plaça Catalunya

• bonio's Profile Photo

Residencia Australia

Unique Quality: clean and cosy hostal, very friendly and helpful owner, and in a good central location close to Placa de Catalunya.

More about Residencia Australia Hostal Barcelona

Hostels in Barca

by Nantosvelta

Hi everyone,

I have been quite busy with e-mailing hotels and hostels in Barcelona to find a budget single room or a female dorm for 21st-26th of July.
No luck so far.
Any suggestions???

Greetings, Nantosvelta

by martin_gadea

Hello Nantosvelta,
My name is Martín. I was in Barcelona last may, staying in the flat of a guy called Pato. He rented out a hole flat per 3 night per 55 euros per night. He lives in the same building the flat is, and we eoyed some tipical food on his terrace with a few neighbours. They are really nice, confident people. His e mail is patodonia@yahoo.com
Contact him and good luck!!

Martín

by susaicha

www.pensionbahía.com, singles for 30 euro
www.pensiondali.com
www.hostalnuevocolon.com, doubles for about 42 euro
all these are in the old center (near Ramblas) and offer on-line reservation

by Nantosvelta

Thanks guys!

I have found a single room at Residencia Australia for 30 euros a night.
Apperently the owners have lived in Australia for a while.
Since I won't have a chance to go Down Under this year I might as well try to find some Aussie spirit in Barcelona...

Greetings, Nantosvelta