Sagrada Familia

Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Names after the Famous Sagrada Familia

Nice hotel pity about the carpets on the landings! Why on earth someone would put biege carpets in hallways is beyond me, as they had become very dirty and stained, not a good first impression.
    Room was comfortable with mini bar and flat screen television.
    Breakfast was great, cereals, fruit, yoghurts,cakes,breads,ham, cheese and salads. More than enough to start your day on.

More about Sagrada Familia

Hotel Sagrada Familia

by bliss7

I found this hotel in Eixample, it is very close to the church, hence the name.
I could not find a listing of it on VT... anyone been there? Good? Bad? Ugly??

Weekend prices are pretty cheap, so I am checking into it.

by ingrea

Why Ramblas is not good???

by Belsaita

Ingrea: Because Ramblas is kind of tacky tourist trap, noisy and infested by pickpockets, instead of the beautiful avenue it used to be.

Bill, regarding Sagrada Familia hotel, can you give me the exact adress? If it's close to the temple, is not a bad area of the city. Quiet residential area, safe and clean. I don't think the area is noisy, I have friends living near Sagrada Familia and it's not noisy (but the main streets can have heavy traffic day and night). But you will have to take metro or buses to see most attractions (not so important as Barcelona public transportation system is excellent). Anyway, I do agree with bubulina about El Born being a better location from a tourist point of view.

by bliss7

Damn... they are booked! This is the second hotel I have not been able to get into.

It is on Carrer Corsega, 541. Web link http://www.hotelsagradafamilia.com/informacion.html - looks like a nice place!

I am trying to stay away from La Rambla because I hear that is where all the pickpockets congregate... I do not need to be carrying my luggage through there.

Back to my hotel search... any ideas? HELP! :)

RE: Hotel Sagrada Familia

by fairy_dust

When I was in Barcelona, I stayed at Hotel Fornos. It is on Las Ramblas, but I didn't have any problems. I was there with 3 other girls and since we didn't book in advance, we wandered around town for what seemed like hours looking for a hotel/hostel! Everything was booked, and Hotel Fornos was the only place in town that had a room left (interesting coincidence - the only room they had was for 4 people!). I wrote a tip on this hotel in my Barcelona page.

The website for it is www.hotelfornos.com

by bliss7

Well, good news. I finally got a hotel! I figured out why so many places are booked... turns out the Rolling Stones are visiting Barcelona when I am there...aaagghhh tourist nightmare! (spoken by a tourist LOL). But I did find a nice hotel, it is a few blocks west of Passeig de Gracia, and south of Avenida Diagonal. Also it is close to a metro stop. I hope that all the sights are not super-crowded with the Stones fans, but I bet that will happen. Oh well, the bright side is that there will undoubtedly be a cool vibe in the air :).

Comments