Sea Point Youth Hostel

Equity Point Sea - Hostel Barcelona
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

• loganpryce's Profile Photo

Hostel on the Beach

This hostel is great! You are literally on the beach, you walk outside the hostel door and there it is! The location is pretty good. You aren't right in the center, but your only 10 mins walk from La Rambas, 10mins from Mare Magnum and 10mins from Port Olympic.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, although at times it can get overwhelming for the staff all the people in the lobby.

They also have a lot of activities booked through the hostel and it's two partner hostels, Gothic Point and Centric Point. They had cooking lessons, pub crawls, Gaudi tours, Flamenco and Tapas night.

There were some concerns with security that i heard about, entry to the rooms and using the lockers, but I did not have any problems.

Also bring ear plugs, the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling so you can hear everything from all the rooms.

Unique Quality: Great location! Friendly staff!

• mitchimitch's Profile Photo

Love the beach??

Stayed for a night at this hostel. Facilities are very basic but clean. Breakfast was ok too. The bathroom was new. And the area where the hostel is located (Barceloneta) is great and has got loads of restaurants.

When I stayed there, there were not much kids so the place was kind of quiet. The receptionist, Sarah, was really nice and helpful. Even though I checked out that morning, she let me hang around till like 9pm when it was time to catch my bus to Madrid. She even let me charge the battery of digicam!

Overall, it was a nice experience. I will be back! And yes, check out my photos...

Directions: Barceloneta area at the Plaza del Mar

• Marie-Claude's Profile Photo

Directly on the beach!

This is a nice youth hostel to meet people. We stayed only one night of our stay because they had an internet problem with our reservation (we were only 2 to have that problem and the guy offered us to find us another hotel because it was full house a few days in that week. Finally, one of his girl friends offered a room at her house with a private bathroom and access to the kitchen for 60 euros per night in a very residential area, it was superb, we lived like barcelionians :) ).

It is a very big hostel, the rooms contain at least 6 or 8 beds. The space is pretty small, but who cares. You're in Barcelona to party or visit. The only major thing I disliked is that the airconditioning was too cold, I had to cover myself for not being sick... (Our beds were just under the vent) They have lockers to rent for you to put your stuff in safety.
    The prices being pretty low, I would surely recommand this hostel. It has an easy access to the metro (10 min walk) and is ON the beach. That allows you to bring only your towel and key, so you can be safe in the water and not being stressed about being robed in the meantime. They have free internet access. Breakfast is included.

Unique Quality: We met a lot of people at the breakfast that morning. We made friends that we still have and with whom we plan other trips.

Directions: Directly on the beach

• ginettissima's Profile Photo

Nice beachside hostel

Four days out of a five-day stay in Barcelona were spent here at Sea Point, and I'll report that all in all I was quite satisfied. Nice staff, clean overall, and just a very nice place to meet fellow travelers. I would recommend this hostel for travelers who are accustomed to, familiar with, and ready for hostelling. It's not 4-star hotelling by any stretch. Rooms (at least mine) have nine beds in them, so you're sharing space with several others. There is one private restroom for each room, so that also means that you're sharing those facilities with others as well.

Unique Quality: This hostel is right on the beach, so in nice weather, you can't get a better price-value ratio. Also, internet access is FREE!

Directions: Take the metro to Barceloneta station, then walk down the long boulevard (can't remember the name) to the beach.

• taryn_treloar's Profile Photo

Inexpensive Hostel on the Beach

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in besides Oslo (but that's understandable....) It's located right on the beach....

There were five of us staying at the Sea Point and we had our own room/bathroom which was nicely decorated. It was better than a lot of hotels I've stayed in.

The staff at the hostel was great as well, very friendly and up for playing late night cards. If I went back to barcelona with friends, I would stay here again in a second.

Unique Quality: Connected to a Cafe so lots of seating space.

Step out the door and you're on the beach not to mention a five minute walk to the main area of Barcelona.

Directions: Right on the beach, can't miss it

Comments