Sercotel Hotel Soho

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Sercotel Hotel Soho

Hotel Soho was terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member sassynewyorker

Hotel Soho was terrific! What really made it special was the night staff. Oliver, who was so helpful with ideas, restaurants, directions and was so welcoming and so genuinely happy that he was a joy to talk to. Guiermo, who could not do enough for us even when we asked him to call a million hotels in Seville when we were trying to book the next part of our trip, and Allesio who greeted us each and every night with a smile and questions about how our evening turned out.
They really made our stay and made us feel welcomed. The hotel has a small pool and a fabulous roofdeck lounge and it´s great to have that to come back to after a day of sightseeing.
The rooms are very modern and clean and location is great...out of the ´crazineness´but close enough to walk to Las Ramblas and El Born and other areas.

Hotel Soho a fantastic Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member toju

Stayed at the Soho Hotel at the begining of August and could not fault this Hotel at all. The staff on the front desk were very helpful and the rooms were gorgeous. The rooftop pool area is a lovely feature with great views, I think if there was a bar it would be even better. The area where the hotel is located is very central and safe and everywhere is within walking distance.
I would highly recommend the hotel and would definetely stay again.

Fantastic value

by TripAdvisor Member SophieJinx

Hotel Soho turned out to be a great value and a terrific place to recover after the horrors of trans Atlantic jet travel! Many thanks to the helpful reviews that helped me choose it….

I arrived at about 1:30 p.m. and my room was ready (a major plus in the great-first-impressions department). Didn't love the view -- I was on the interior, fairly low floor so never even sure of the weather and just looked into another room -- but frankly I was so tired I didn't care. The room itself is spare and sleek, comfortable bed, plenty of television channels, excellent (and free) wireless access, great tub and nice bath products.

I also loved the location. Now, admittedly, more chi chi places are located on the neighborhood's more prestigious streets (like Passaig de Gracia and Las Ramblas Catalunya) but the Soho is about four easy blocks from the heart of downtown and the area felt very safe (both day and night).

There's a charming pool area (small) on the roof; I checked it out but didn't have time to hang there. Next trip. Also breakfast was included but I overslept so missed it (perils of jet lag), so can't report on that.

The hotel staff was pleasant if not effusive and I'm appreciative of one woman's restaurant recommendation -- it made my one night stay! It's a classic Catalonian tapas place (right off Las Ramblas) called, I believe, Catalunya. Just fantastic. She told me to get there "early" (by 9 p.m.); I got there at 8 p.m. and had to wait an hour! Totally worth it though.

At the front desk they do seem inclined to send you to restaurants in the more tourist-oriented part of Eixample but I found one I loved just a block from the hotel called Zian. It's new (and when I mentioned it to the hotel staff they were dismissive -- hadn't been there) but just a lovely place for lunch, terrific pasta and pizza and seafood, indoor and outdoor seating, nice wine list…and great service.

The hotel itself was excellent value for money; I paid about 180 euros on a high season Saturday night (when most other hotels in the category were significantly higher in price or sold out altogether); I used Trip Advisor's "check rates" feature. It's nifty. You submit your date and your property and it shows all the hotel sites that have rooms. I was shocked at the price differentials (Expedia and other American sites tended to charge significantly more but it really did vary). I booked through a European site called Venere.com and was pleased.

Great stay. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Manuel83

I have stayed recently at the Soho Hotel, in Barcelona, with my wife and children. We all enjoyed very much our stay during the whole holiday period. We were delighted by the professional attitude and good humour of Alessio, at the reception desk. His suggestions were very precious for us all. Besides, the hotel is a very good choice for several reasons. Good location, design and confort, convenient prices. All good reasons to repeat the experience and come back, in the future!

Don't stay here - I want it to remain a secret...

by TripAdvisor Member Risky_Rat

This is the hippest place to stay in Barcelona, and in terms of European accommodation the value for money is incredible. Make sure you book through the hotel website, and ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper. The whole place oozes cool, to the point where you feel overcool at times. Allesio is incredibly helpful, the rooms are stylish, the shower is fun, and the light switches will amuse you for minutes. The hotel is a little bit out of the way, but it is a short walk to all the Barcelona activities, and not far from the metro, if you want to travel underground.

Go there with your "special" friend... you will not be disappointed.

Try the lollies... and get back to me with what flavour they are? Cola? Orange? Lemon? Couldn't really work it out.

highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member laney_7

Cool hotel, great location only 10 minutes or so walk from la ramblas. staff were exceptional, keen to offer advice on what to see and friendly throughout our stay. rooms are comfortable, clean, the only minor irritations were no balcony and our room faced onto the main road which was was noisy well into the night. roof top terrace lovely for lounging with your morning coffee.

What a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member jonBEZ

We stayed at SOHO at the beginning of August 2007 over the weekend of my girlfriend's birthday and disappoint it certainly did not!

It goes without saying that Barcelona the city is itself one of Europe's finest ...it quite simply has everything you want - sunshine, fantastic architecture / galleries, history, friendly locals, culture, transport links, great restaurants / bars / clubs and even a beach to boot! With this in mind, you'd expect the hotel experience to figure a lot lower down on the list of memories...

First up, the hotel is in a great location (a few blocks walk to Las Rambla and city centre), is beautifully designed throughout to the most intricate of details (we loved the room's electric blind features almost as much as the mood lighting options!), has great views of the city from the 'chill-out terrace' on the roof, has free internet if you're one of those that needs to be permanently connected, has a more than satisfactory breakfast option, and offers the perfect base for a short stay in the city. It's decent value too!

The chic, design-led experience of the hotel was bettered only by the helpfulness and friendliness of certain members of staff at SOHO, particularly Alessio and Oliver who couldn't do enough to help us find the best combination of tourist spots, restaurants and bars throughout our stay in Barca! Thanks so much guys!

My only regret is that we didn't stay for a few more days!

5 STARS * * * * *

(JON & SHELLEY)

NB: Insist on a room that faces the street - the others can lack natural light

Loved the Soho

by TripAdvisor Member Philippos

Booked through [--] and got a great B&B deal. The hotel is in an excellent location very close to the main attractions. It has an ultra modern design and very spacious rooms. The staff is very helpful and breakfast is also plentiful. There is free internet access on two computers. There is an underground parking (extra) and a useful roof garden with a small pool. We would defiantly go back. We had a brilliant time.

Most rude staff encountered in all of Barcelona.

by TripAdvisor Member beecann

Went to stay at this hotel to be nearer to city attractions. We encountered one staff person who was particularly rude, unwilling to point us in the direction of the currency exchange, seemed annoyed at any request. When she completely forgot to give us our wakeup call, which we requested in person, for the day we were flying out, I was appalled. It's one thing to not give good service-but missing a wake up call? Come on now. What was worse was the complete lack of acknowledgement that this could have been a potentially disasterous mistake. The designers of the hotel should have spent less time on the state of the art electrical system, and invested in an alarm clock. The roof top deck was beautiful, but there were many other beautiful hotels in Barcelona with rooftop pools. The proximity to Las Ramblas is hardly a reason to stay at this hotel.

Comments