Tryp Apolo Hotel Barcelona

Tryp Barcelona Apolo
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Lovely hotel

We book a room at the Tryp Apollo for a day and a half prior to a Mediterranean cruise. We selected it because it was within walking distance to La Ramblas, but not right on the street itself, so not as noisy. We arrived prior to check-in time to find that our booking reservation through Priceline didn't go through. However, it was not a problem. We are from the States and one of the front-desk employees, Jorge, not only spoke perfect English but he completely took care of us making sure we had a room to accomodate both my husband and I and our two kids. My parents were also traveling with us and Jorge secured a room for them right next to ours. Our rooms were fantastic! Very much what we are accustomed to in American hotels (and we only had "standard" rooms @ the Tryp---not upgraded.) I've stayed in European hotels in the past and didn't expect such comfortable amenities as existed in the Tryp Apolo. The hotel is located right across from a Metro station, so using that for transportation was convenient. We were very comfortable walking to sightsee in the area (the port area, which is stunning, as well as La Ramblas.)

At the tail end of our trip, after our cruise disembarked, we stayed at a different hotel closer to the sea (which was positively reviewed online, mind you) and we were sorely disappointed! Not only did we miss the amazing service Jorge and the other employees at the Tryp Apolo provided us THROUGHOUT our brief stay there, but we realized how spoiled we were by the room accomodations at the Tryp.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Tryp Apolo hotel. Admittedly, the neighboring buildings could use a clean-up, but it is in a central location to public transportation (which is quite good in Barcelona) as well as to the nightlife of La Ramblas. My family and I felt very safe there (I even walked down to La Ramblas on my own one morning, and felt completely comfortable doing so.) But, more importantly, the accomodations are stellar as is the service provided by the staff.

• freezer61's Profile Photo

Great Location

ok...so the tryp apolo aint going to win any major prizes in anything but.........
    this hotel is in a good location for las ramblas and the beautiful port area.
    the tryp is spacious and clean, the room was clean with the usual facilities such as cable, mini bar hair dryer etc. it didn't have wifi or tea/coffee facilities in the rooms, which is poor for a 4* hotel in this day and age

Unique Quality: Right outside the Metro station

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

A short walk from the seashore

The long weekend stay in the hotel was excellent - there is a mix of facilities on the block which is the Tryp Apolo. There is a wonderful restaurant and bar - was a theatre and cafe next door and of course the near by gym facility.

Unique Quality: The beds were comfortable and the food was excellent. I can recommend the wonderful veal fillets sold in the Cafe Apolo.

Directions: located immediately outside Line 3's Paral.lel Metro station.

• aero198's Profile Photo

TRYP APOLO (the one in the city)

I stayed here for three nights. Rooms are very nice decorated, they are spacious and have all the necessary stuff you may need, hairdryer, private bathroom, tv, phone, envelopes, paper, pen, etc.
    They have a nice selection at the buffet breakfast. If you see a "TRYP" van at the airport, it won't take you to this hotel, that van takes passengers o the TRYP AEROPUERTO hotel. To get to the hotel take a taxi, a bus or the RENFR (train) to the city.

Unique Quality: It;s good located at walking distance from La Rambla, Barcelona's main hang out avenue. If you are lucky you may get a room with a view. This hotel does not offer inside the poperty fitness center but has an agreement with a nearby gym (with indoor pool). The hotel has a business center and a bar at the lobby.

• millano79's Profile Photo

Very good accomodation

Very good service and rooms,
    many "gadgets" in the bathroom, fantastic buffet breakfast and underground stop only at 10 meters.. Ten minutes walking from La Ramblas!

Directions: Near the Ramblas

More about Tryp Apolo Hotel Barcelona

Good City Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member luceo

Close to Barcelona's Las Ramblas and Poble Sec, the Tryp Apolo was a good value option for a six day city break.

The location is excellent although the double glazing could be a little more effective in keeping out street noise, especially at weekends. The hotel is generally well appointed and the well trained and courteous staff did much to make our stay in Barcelona a success. We will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends and we will use it on subsequent trips to the city.

Good hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member midge2475

My fiance and I stayed at the Tryp Apolo in December 2004 to see in the New Year in Barcelona. We found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful, there was everything you could possibly want to eat for breakfast and the room service was prompt.

The hotel is directly outside the metro stop 'Paral-lel' from which you can depart on metro lines 1 & 3 and the funicular, which we found to be the only lines we needed. Barcelona itself is a very beautiful city, I would recommend a gentle stroll around Parc Guell, a visit to Castell de Montjuic for excellent views of the city and, if you're fortunate enough for your visit to coincide with a performance from the Font Magica (Magic Fountain), then it should not be missed!!

We would love to go back to Barcelona, as we didn't manage to see everything we wanted to in the three days we were there, and if we do we will almost certainly stay at the Tryp Apolo again.

This 4 star hotel is just EXCELLENT !

After taking the caotic train experience from the Barcelona airport to dowtown it was very easy to ask for the Tryp Apolo Hotel. The Paralelo avenue is well known by all the locals. What amazed me was to find out that the Paralelo exit from the subway is almost right in front of the main entrance of the hotel! How cool is that!

Guys at the front desk are very friendly. The foyer is spacious and so was the wonderful room. The breakfast room was very big too and the food was... DELICIOUS! It reminded me a lot the new Hilton in Buenos Aires.

About the location, the hotel is a 10 minutes walk distance from the Maremagnum area and beside the subway station just outside the hotel there is a bus station where you can catch buses either to the beach or downtown.

This is my absolute recommendation for lodging in Barcelona. Enjoy!

Reviews on Tryp Apolo Hotel Barcelona

by jmrtitle

Going in July Staying at the Tryp Apolo Hotel and wantedto know how is the hotel? Do they have someone on staff 24 hours(like front desk or concierges)? is it safe at night around Hotel

John

RE: Reviews on Tryp Apolo Hotel Barcelona

by Belsaita

I cannot imagine a 4-star hotel without 24 hrs service! ;)

I usually cannot speak about accommodation in Barcelona, as living here I don't use hotels... but it happens I was at this hotel years ago, before I moved to Barcelona. It may have changed, but it was pretty good (especially as we found a very good deal). Rooms were ok (corporate hotel without special charm, but functional) and I do remember a very good breakfast.

The area may not be the best in town, but there is a metro stop just in front, and you can walk to Pla├ža d'Espanya and Drassanes. There are a few theatres in the area (one just in the street level of the same building of the hotel) so the area is pretty lively even at night, with quite a few good restaurants and bars around. Be street-wise, as in any other part of Barcelona, but I would say it's safer than the most touristy zones. Incidentally, one of my favorite eateries of Barcelona is close by, you can have a look at my tip about "Taverna Can Margarit" in my Barcelona VT page.

RE: Reviews on Tryp Apolo Hotel Barcelona

by frachal73

I worked there long time ago. This hotel is ok. It's big, modern and confortable. Of course, the front-desk is open 24 hours.
The area is not too interesting, and although the place is quite lively, the athmosphere can be rather scary, especially at night.

It's a good choice for people interested in freaky, sex-related attractions, like the renowned Bagdad sex show, just across the street.

The good thing is there is a subway station ("Paralel", Lines 2 & 3) right in front of the hotel entrance.

Comments