Vapor Gran Hotel Barcelona

Mirador del Rei MartíMirador del Rei Martí

Your Mission in Barcelona

by mickanders232

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me with a strange (but desperate!) request. My fiance (at the time, wife now) and I travelled from Australia to Barcelona last October and had such an awesome, fantastic time there that we decided that to remember our time there we should buy my wedding ring from one of the local jewellers.

We found a cheap ring (around 40 euros) that we both loved and got married with the ring on our return to Australia. Unfortunately, it was only when we got back to Aus that we found out the ring could not be resized (it was about 2 sizes to big for me). So here we are now and the inevitable has happened, the ring has slipped off at some point during the day and I've lost the ring!!! :(

I really, really want to purchase a replacement ring from the store in Barcelona but I don't have any contact details for it. All I can remember is that the store is on Carrer de la Boqueria and located between the Travel Bar and La Rambla. If you were to walk from the Travel Bar towards La Rambla, you would pass this jewellery store on the left hand side. It's mainly a men's jeweller and I think the store or store front is decorated in mainly black and silver (or was at the time)

I've been using google for the last few hours to try and find the name but haven't had any luck.

I would be hugely, massively and eternally grateful if any one could investigate this for me, and get back to me with the details of the jeweller.

As I said, the ring is not very valuable, but has huge sentimental value to my wife and was a constant reminder of the awesome time we spent in Barcelona.

Cheers & Thanks

Michael

by zacchio

searching by google I found:
Brazalete‎
C/ Boqueria, 39, 08002 Barcelona, Spain‎ - 933 022 365‎
In the same "carrer" there are other 3 or 4 shops selling "custom jewelry"
nor really jeweller like:
Zenit Bisuteria ‎
C/ Boqueria, 25, Barcelona, Spain
Baitres ‎
C/ Boqueria, 14, Barcelona, Spain
I don't know if that can help....but I thing you should ask directly to somebady living in Barca.
Take a look to VT Members and ask to them.
Ciao!

by Miguelzgz

I wish you look...just wait a while. It is early in Spain now, soon some of the usual vters from Barcelona will read your post, and I guess that they will give you good info.

I have used streetview and that street has been streetviewed by google, so you can "walk" it...maybe that may give you some aditional info about it.

by Belsaita

Hi, I do live in Barcelona (not in Barca that's a small town inland Spain LOL ;-))

I'm afraid that Carrer de la Boqueria is too narrow and it does not have "Street View" at Google Maps.

I checked the Barcelona's 'páginas amarilas' (yellow pages) too, but the only business listed at Carrer de la Boqueria is a restaurant.

In case I happen to be near Carrer de la Boqueria at some time be sure I'll be checking all jeweler's stores there (however I most probably can't do it soon, I rarely go to that area, and then I'll be out of town for nearly 3 weeks. In case no one has come back to you in the meanwhile, I can check it by mid June.

by Miguelzgz

Hi Isa...I can see Carrer La Boqueria in Street view...it goes to number 8 by default(don´t know why). Starting with Google Earth...But it is true that it turns into a very narrow street at some point...

Anyway...I hope this guy will be lucky.

Bye.

by Belsaita

Yes Miguel, I saw this too. Street View only shows the beginning of the street, near Ramblas, because this part is wider. The rest of it (where the shop must be) is too narrow for the Google-car to picture it ;-)

Micahel, as said, in case you don't get help before, I will check it for you when I return from Krakow :)

by freland

I was yesterday Sunday in la Boqueria st and saw Walden - bisuteria which wd match your description.
then there are several shops in other colours on the left, S, even numbers side ,
Estigma - men's jewelry among them
and plataYminerales silver+black on the N , odd nrs, T-Bar side

?

tough one , it might be also La Catedral bisuteria , Anani , Quintana difusion

by freland

or Wilden !? try qdq for images http://en.qDq.com/callejero/barcelona/barcelona/calle/plaza+catalunya/pais/034/

A.

I don't what to think about it

by freland

Have you found the contact/shop/ring yet?

Travel Tips for Barcelona

The Gothic quarter (Barrio Gotico).

by Maurizioago

This is the oldest area of the city and it is situated on the east side of Las Ramblas (see tip).

The main attraction of Barrio Gotico is the Cathedral. The first one was completely destroyed by the Moors in 985. The present version was begun in 1298 and completed in 1892.

One of the nicest squares in this area is Plaza Del Rey. The Royal Palace with the Salò de Tinell (a long room used for temporary exibitions) is located here. It is said that Ferdinand and Isabel received Columbus on his return from the New World in this room.

Another place in this area I like very much is the courtyard of the Museum Frederic Mares. It is a nice place to rest a bit.

Barcelona Tip

by canaglic

If you ever come to Barcelona, I recommend you to buy a 'Bus Turistic' ticket. It is one of the best ways to visit Barcelona. This is an official tourist service of the Barcelona City Hall. The Bus visits Barcelona's main attractions. On the Bus official guides explain visitors what to visit in several languages. Tickets are valid for one day, during which you can hop on and off as many times as you want. It's a great way to discover what Barcelona has to offer.

Barcelona is known throughout...

by toltek

Barcelona is known throughout the world as a cultural city, with an important heritage and a permanent and exciting range of activities on offer.
Barcelona affords countless possibilities for recreation. Over 40 museums: monographic art collections such as the Museu Picasso, the Fundació Joan Miró and the Fundació Antoni Tàpies which hold permanent exhibitions of works by the artists As well as temporary shows; the world's finest collection of Romanesque art at the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya; Temporary exhibitions of contemporary art at the Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona -MACBA; and numerous art galleries.
Numerous recreational spaces, cinemas, theatres, flamenco performances, Europe's biggest aquarium, bullfights, art, music, dancind sardanas, popular festivals ... endless possibilities to help you experience the city to full.

Monument a Colon

by Kukkanen

There's a lift that goes up the column which is easy to miss if you don't know to keep your eyes out for it. Once you're up, you get a good view of Barcelona and the sea. You can take photos all the way round the column to get a panoramic view :)
During summer time I imagine it might get a bit crowded up there but when we visited in March, we didn't have to queue at all and spent about 20mins up there. Worth a look! :)

The entrance fee is 2,20e adults/ 1,40e children (March 2006).
Opening hours are Monday-Sunday 10am-6.30pm (1 Oct - 31 May) and Monday to Sunday 9am-8.30pm (1 Jun - 30 Sept).

Festa Major de Gràcia.

This...

by QuimG

Festa Major de Gràcia.

This is the annual festival of the neighborhood of Gracia called Festa Major (literally, the biggest party) from august 14th to 21st.

A lot of streets in the neighborhood are decorated, or should I say, they are in disguise. All along the year the streets comittees works for the preparation of this ornaments, following each one a main subject of their own choice.

There are also a lot of events, by day and night, all of them for free.

Please see some pictures in my travelogue of Gracia 2002.

More information on: http://www.festamajordegracia.org