Vincci Condal Mar Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• ScottishSarah's Profile Photo

Cheap Luxury!

This hotel is great...booked through Octopus Travel for a week in May 2005. Gorgeous, stylish, hotel at very fair price - we loved it! Hot buffet breakfast included in our price. Decided the reasonable cost reflected the fact that it was 15mins travel to the centre of town, but my boyfriend and I enjoyed using the underground anyway!
    Great hotel for Primavera festival goers!! 5mins walk from The Forum
    Negative aspects were that the staff weren't very friendly, no room service for food etc, drinks expensive. But these don't outway positives!

Unique Quality: Very new, stylish hotel
    Rooftop pool (closed in May) + Sunloungers
    Hot buffet breakfast included
    Restaurant available for dinner bookings
    Bar
    Free room safe
    Minibar
    Free baggage storage before checkin/after checkout

Directions: Area seems under development
    15mins from centre of town
    5mins from The Forum

More about Vincci Condal Mar Hotel

Fantastic hotel with no faults whatsoever

by TripAdvisor Member calislyn

My husband and i have just returned from a 5 day holiday at Vincci Condal mar.

The area is not bad at all the hotel was fantastic
we had a warm welcome at reception they spoke good
english and couldnt do enough to welcome us.

The room was fantastic,and the breakfasts were as
much as you could eat with a selection of everything.

The staff in the restaurant couldnt do enough to help us and i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

The horror stories supplied on this site frightened me but i could not fault anything regarding area or hotel.

If you want a fantastic holiday go here i can thoroughly recommend it.

Excellent modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Fickle2005

After reading reviews of this hotel I was more than a little apprehensive but having just returned from my 3-night stay in Barcelona at the Vincci Condal Mar I felt compelled to write a positive review for future travellers!

This is a fantastic modern hotel with all the facilities you could expect and very trendy decor. The location is a 10 minute stroll from the nearest Metro station (the area is being developed but is by no means unsafe) and then a 10 min metro ride into the centre of the city. An excellent location for a very reasonable price in my experience.

Don't let the other reviews put you off if you want a comfortable base from where you can explore this remarkable city!

It's not in a gheto - It's the real Spain - Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Alza

My wife and I stayed at the Vincci for 3 nights last weekend. I have to admit we were begining to regret the reservation here after reading the reviews - we did choose to ignore them - and quite rightly so.

This hotel is SPANISH because strangely enough it is in Spain - the staff are Spanish and very charming with it too. I admit we speak Spanish enough to get what we ask for and hold a reasonable conversation. However, we did witness non-Spanish speaking brits lose there cool in under 1 minute when not getting what they wanted there and then - not good to act in such a way in a country that is, after all, well known for "manana". We got the same time scale service as all guests Spanish speaking or not and there was absolutley nothing wrong with it. We stay in 5 star to Deluxe hotels around the world. This hotel is classed as 4 star - it is a very good 3 star to be fair. When in Spain work on Spanish time - you will relax and have a lovely time.

The area is safe if not safer then most citys in the UK. We walked at all hours to and from the Selva De Mar metro(10 mins max stroll) - even as late as 01:30 - and it is perfectly ok. If you are not a seasoned traveller you may find it a bit off putting but please don't - there is a lot of grafitti (which I actually do not agree with) BUT it is very artistic unlike London tube scrawls.

If you do not want to use the Metro (or Tram which is not as convenient to get to certain places as the metro) and you want to really do Barcelona City then I would advise that you book another hotel closer to the City. Also, if you do not speak Spanish and you want to use the local area (including the Mall) you will get frustrated as the majority of the locals in this area do not speak English - especially in the surrounding cafe and bars-why is this? Ah yes we were in Spain - bizarre isn't it. Sorry for the sarcasm but I cannot understand why some people get annoyed when Spanish people do not speak English - do they speak Spanish in the UK to visiting Spaniards? And YES there are bars in the surrounding area towards the seafront about 5 mins from the hotel BUT they are local tiny bars - frequent them if you feel happy and want to immerse yourself in the real Barcelona and bar Tapa.

Barcelona City is fab, Port Olimpic is fab (if a bit touristy), Port Vell is nice but not as good as the Barri Gotic. The Gothic Quarter is the best place in the city - real bar/cafe with non tourist priced Tapa. A big tip here is to go in to any bar which is full of locals - go down lanes and find them there are a few goodies to be had here. For our taste/opinion Las Ramblas is full of cafe/bar touts trying to flog you inadequate bars with inflated prices. Avoid the American Tapa Restaurant (half way up on the left going away from the seafront). We asked if we could have a glass of wine while deciding if we liked the menu (and prices) YES the tout told us-got in and bottles only. 12 euros for a half bottle - I don't think so - we walked out. You can get a very good bottle of rioja for the same price and Cava for 13 euros.

Go to the Vincci Condal Mar it is a good hotel with lovely staff and a very good breakfast for 12 euros. I was stuffed on the 2 mornings we did eat. Fruit, cereal, cold meat, 2 types of egg (plus fried on request) bacon, various variety of bread and juices. Tea and coffee as much as you want (served in 2 mins of sitting on both occasions and repeats in same times).

I am fussy but easy going-and I expect to get good service no matter the stars for my money. We got what we wanted and left our long weekend tired but extrememly happy.

OH and the beds are firm BUT very comfortable - slept like a log - mega king size too. ENJOY

Don't Stay Here

by TripAdvisor Member gwaring

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights having found myself a good deal on the web. The hotel looked amazing from the internet pictures and thought I had found myself a real bargain. Upon arrival however, I was very disappointed.
The hotel is very new, you could still smell paint in my room which was not particularly spacious but did look the part with modern furnishings and bathroom.
The location however is terrible. It is right in the middle of a very very very run down area. My room overlooked a "ghetto style" tower block and office block. Walking around the area felt very unsafe and there is nothing to do at all close to the hotel. Oh well I thought, I will take the metro and go into the centre. I asked the hotel receptionist where the nearest metro station was, NOT A CLUE!!!! She didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to find out for me either so I ended up going across the road and asking the man who worked in the local petrol station. The staff at this hotel need some major training in customer relations!!!!!
It is a good 15 minute walk to the station through this very dodgy area. (DON'T WALK AROUND WITH ANYTHING VALUABLE). The train into the centre takes approx 15 minutes. Buy a T10 card which gives you 10 journeys on the metro, perfect if you are there for a few days.
Next morning I went down for the 16 Euros breakfast. One piece of advice here, don't bother! It was awful. I waited 25 minutes for a pot of coffee as there was only 1 person serving whilst the other girl would only stand by the door checking who was coming in. The breakfast consisted of pastries, fruit, cereal and cold ham and cheeses (which all looked fine) but the hot selection was mini cocktail sausages, microwaved bacon, and sloppy un-cooked scrambled egg. Not my idea of a breakfast thanks.
The hotel bar isn't any better, you're lucky if you can find the bar person at all and the people on reception (which is just opposite) disappear. After a 15 minute wait I went back to my room.
Room service I thought. The selection is basic to say the least and it is only served until 10.30pm. I ordered a cheese sandwich with some fries. You cant go wrong with that surely. Oh yes you can! It arrived after 40 minutes with the usual look from the staff of "How dare you ask me to do something". The bread was stale, the cheese even more so and the fries were completely cold. I phoned room service and asked them to change it. Guess what? They never appeared. EVER. That plate stayed in my room until I checked out. It might still be there now.
I could not wait to check out of this hotel, and when I did it was the best feeling, I felt like I had been set free. It has really put me off Barcelona itself, shame really the city itself is lovely, even with all the graffiti.

Excellent Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member br1zer

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were excellent and benefit from soundproofing. The Staff were attentive and helpful and dealt patiently with numerous people who asked for directions to the Metro.

Whilst I concede that the hotel is not in the most picturesque part of the city, you have to remember that the overwhelming majority of Barcelonians stay in apartment buildings, not in semis in leafy suburbs.

There is a mixture of offices and apartment blocks but it cetainly isn't Inner City Britain!

The area is a developing area with an excellent Shopping Centre that has fantastic restaurants.

My wife and I took the 10 minute walk through the neigbourhood to and from El Meresme Station at all hours of the day (2am on Saturday) and passed ordinary people of all ages. Many, as Barcelonians do, chatting and walking their small dogs. We in no way felt threatened.

It would be a shame if you decide to give this hotel a miss because of a perceived impression of the neighbourhood.

Thanks to the excellent metro and tram we were in Passeige De gracia within 25 mins.

Also an ideal location to explore Olympic Village, Pablenou and Barcaloneta

Excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member marazul79

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago. After reading all of these reviews I must admit I was more than concerned but went with the attitude that it was just somewhere to put your head down. After all, we were there to see the city not to spend it in the hotel!
The hotel and room were very well presented and we had no problems with the staff. After living in Spain for 7 years, I know what to expect from the Spanish...or what not to expect! Breakfast was ok, good choice of food and overall I think it was excellent value for money. £50 a night for the 2 of us.
As for area, it wasn't nearly as bad as made out. Taxi's cost between 7-10€ and the metro station was no more than 10 minutes walk. Metro journey was equally as quick and I felt totally safe walking in this area. Buy a T10 card which can also be used on buses and the tram.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others who are easy going and are not overly fussy on where they stay. If you have high expectations then stay elsewhere!

Nice hotel, friendly staff and a really good breakfast

We (two adults and two children) stayed here, in two rooms, for four nights last week and found the hotel to give very good value for the money (around 72€ per room and night with breakfast included). The staff was very friendly even though we don't speak a word of Spanish and we didn't have any trouble with the somewhat undeveloped surroundings. The nearby shopping centre had all the shops you wanted and a lot of restaurants of different kind. The shops were open until 10 PM and the restaurants even longer.

I can really recommend a stay in this hotel if you can bare the 10 minute subway-travels into town (worked very well for us)

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mike6363

Just got back from 3 days in barcelona with my wife. We stayed in the vinicci condal mar, and like alot of people do, i read reviews after i had booked the hotel.
After reading these reviews i was tempted to cancel our reservations but i had paid in advance and would lose 25% in doing so. I'm glad i didn't because its a great hotel and for £50 a night for bed and breakfast for two it can't be faulted.
The equivellent hotel in city centre would have cost three times as much. It is only a 10 minute walk to metro station, which is easy to use and not overcrowded like the Paris metro.
Staff were perfectly fine, food was ample and plenty of choice and the room was impressive(big bed and deep bath).
The area is ok, no diferent from the outskirts of any other large city. Not much to see or do, but not dangerous either.
Overall i would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member Millsy1

Having read other reviews on the Condal Mar, I was beginning to regret having booked the hotel for myself, my wife and a group of friends. My fears were unfounded however as we found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and good value for money. The price worked out to be £48 per couple per room, per night, and it included a very extensive choice of continental breakfast...breads, cakes, cheeses, cold meats, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts.
The rooms were modern and we did not find any faulty equipment, taps, showers etc. The staff on reception spoke English and were "professionally friendly". The Condal Mar was an eight-minute stroll/walk to the nearest Metro, and then a 10-15 journey into the centre of Barcelona. Okay the area was under renovation, but it did not affect our stay. We felt safe going back to the hotel at night (far more so then we do in London), and the grafitti was no worse than our cities. Overall, we found it to be excellent value...not The Ritz or the Dorchester, but more than adequate for our purposes.

Hotel VINCCI CONDAL MAR

by oneonta_ni

Has anyone stayed in this hotel or can anyone tell me if it is a nice place and good location. It is our first trip to Barcelona and we are not sure what area to stay in. I thought if we were close to a metro stop, we should be able to get to the places we want to see.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

by Maurizioago

I don't know the address of Hotel Vincci. I have never been there. Anyway Barcelona is well served by the metro.

by oneonta_ni

Thanks Maurizio. It is near Marbella Beach, apparently. Sounds very nice but we don't want to spend 30 minutes or more on the metro getting from A to B.

by Belsaita

If it's close to Platja de la Mar Bella... you'll be walking distance of the old town.... or 15-20 minutes by metro to Plaça Catalunya if you don't want to walk. The seafront is a nice area, most build for the 92' Olympics.

by Maurizioago

Your hotel should be around 100 meters from an underground stop.

Metro stop; Selva de Mar; line 4.

Ciao!

by kerouacsdog

Sorry, have to bookmark this, as I've just booked the same hotel for a mate of mine. Let's hope it's good..........

by oneonta_ni

Thanks everyone. Sounds like it is worth booking. The hotel looks very nice in the photos and we have found a very good price for it.

Mark - when is your friend going? We are going at the end of June so if your friend is going after that, I will let you know what we thought!

by Maurizioago

Aside from the hotel, Barcelona offers a lot of things to enjoy.

Have a good time in Barca!

by kerouacsdog

Jane, my friend is there at the end of may, so I'll give YOU a review!
And anyway, you'll only be in the hotel room to sleep, as there's so much to do in BCN. Enjoy!

by kwolff

I am going to that place in September: Would you please let me know about your experiences?
Thanks a lot,
best regards
Feli (kwolff@factsinform.de).

by kerouacsdog

Spoke to my mate who stayed there, it's a really nice hotel. 10 minute walk to the beach, near to a metro station as well. Rooms nice and clean, and apparently the hotel is only 3 weeks old. Pool on top of hotel. Bar was ok, nothing great, breakfast was good.

by oneonta_ni

Thanks Mark - just what we wanted to hear! I didn't know the hotel was that new - sounds great. We are really looking forward to our holiday - especially after the rubbish weather we have been having!

Comments