casameva

Via Laietana, Barcelona, 8003, Spain

More about Barcelona

Gaudi's lanternGaudi's lantern

birthbirth

Overview at the "fruit of life".Overview at the "fruit of life".

Watchin street artists on the RamblaWatchin street artists on the Rambla

from barcelona to Toulouse

by adisuu

Hello everybody

I wish to find a bus or train or else in 19 February from Barcelona to Toulouse.
I arrive by plane at 20.45 in Barcelona and i did'nt find any bus to Toulouse near to this hour.
Could you please advise me how can i go to Toulouse after 20.45?

by K_V_B

Barcelona is not exactly a convenient airport to fly in to if your destination is Toulouse...

There is a bus that leaves from the Barcelona North bus station at 01:50 AM, arriving at Toulouse the next morning. I would however do as the other poster suggested, and just stay in Barcelona :-)

by Belsaita

There is only 1 bus from Barcelona to Toulouse, departing at the 9:30 am. No wonder, Toulouse is not a popular destination from Barcelona. I guess you already checked www.eurolines.com

As said above, Barcelona is not a good choice of airport if your destination is Toulouse. It's too far away by ground transport, bus takes more than 6 hours and there are no direct trains, but it's too close to have direct flights.

However, if you can't change flights, Barcelona is not a bad place to be "forced" to spend a night :)

by Belsaita

Ops! I saw now the answer above mine and make me wonder, as I just checked the eurolines website before writting my reply.

Checked again, the bus at 1:50 only runs on Thursday and Sunday. There are also buses at 23:00 on Monday and Thursday. I'm afraid none of these are relevant to the OP.

by Badger1492

I used to travel this bus route all the time. It is better, faster, and cheaper than the train, but, yes, it does take a while. I agree with the other advice above.

The bus leaves you at the main train station in Toulouse.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

See Las Ramblas, a market...

by AAAinps

See Las Ramblas, a market place with Restaurants, Artists, 'human statues' and visitors from all over the world. In fact, it is a place we visited everyday both day and night.

PHOTO- My partner Steve w Human Statue on Las Ramblas! Dinner at Olympic Village, I'll update the name of the restuarant soon. It was on the water and I experiened the best sea food ever. The service was awesome and the atmosphere relaxed.

Of all the street performers I...

by zizquark

Of all the street performers I saw in Barcelona this guy brought the biggest smile to my face. First of all He looked like Charlie Chaplin. He was playing a toy xylaphone and singing while all these little toys were responding to the music. He had little birds, little frogs and other little toys all dancing to his music. All this entertainment for a few pesos

Catalan Nougat - Turron de Agramunt

by Danalia

1 1/3 cup honey
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1/2 lb almonds, blanched, peeled and kept warm
3 1/2 oz hazelnuts, roasted, peeled and kept warm (about 3/4 cup)
Edible rice paper

Put the honey in a heavy saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir it with a wooden spoon and when the honey begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat. Continue stirring until the honey thins to the consistency of pancake syrup. Stir in the egg whites and return the mixture to the heat; continue cooking until it reaches a toffee-like consistency (hard-ball stage). Stir in the nuts and mix well.

Spread the mixture in a jelly-roll pan lined with edible rice paper. Cover with a second sheet of rice paper and weight the top. Let it cool, then cut the nougat into 1-inch squares.

When making nougat, the nuts should be warm. Cover freshly peeled nuts with foil to retain the warmth they gained in blanching or roasting; wrap previously peeled nuts in foil and warm them in a 200°F. oven for 15 minutes.

Lovely Ambience and Divine Desserts

by lilbunnygirl

Our last night in Spain, we had a romantic dinner at El Trull, high on the mountain road between Tossa and Lloret. It has an intimate garden setting, excellent service, and award winning fresh seafood.

Our entres were not quite what we expected, but I think that is more to do with us being Americans and having different ideas about how to expect our seafood prepared and served.

The desserts were heavenly!

A nice covered market.

by Maurizioago about La Boqueria.

La Boqueria; also called Mercat de Sant Josep, is a beautiful roofed food market located just off the Ramblas. It was built between 1836 and 1840.

Here you can buy some fresh fruits and vegetables; meat, fish and seafood; sweets. There are also some bars into this market. Some of these also serve food.

This market is open from monday to saturday; from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Comments