Hotel Blaumar

Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Hotel Blaumar

Cadaques-a bit of heaven

by mella77

When we visited Cadaques we falled in love with this little village, the most charming place on the Costa Brava. The village is located in a natural harbor in the Cap de Creus peninsula.
Salvador Dali said Cadaques was the most beautiful village in the world. The village is also well known as an artists destination, especially since Dali moved to Port Lligat. His stay in this village attracted the attention of many artists, like Pablo Picasso, Andre Breton, Paul Eluard, Man Ray, Max Ernst, Marcel Duchamp, Federico Garcia Lorca, Luis Bunuel, and many others. Unfortunately things have changed, and although there are still artists and bohemians in Cadaques, currently they are a minority. Nowdays Cadaques is a haute bourgeoisie Summer destination.
Cadaques used to be a fishermen village but now its people live from the money tourism bring.

The Beautiful Skies of Cadaques

by dalidaze

Cadaques is truly the most beautiful place I have ever seen. In the morning as the sun is coming up, the colors dancing on the water are subtle pastels, sleepy and muted. By mid-morning the colors in the sky are vibrant shades of blue and turquoise, and the water is so clear you can see clear to the bottom if you are close enough.

Cadaques

by nicoleken

"in Catalunya in Spain"

The village where Salvador Dahli lived the famous artist : painter, sculptor.
Salvador Dali was born in Figueres on May 11, 1904.

CADAQUES.....

by Zoe_bcn

"A tipycal mediterranean village...."

Cadaques is situated at the north Coast of Catalonia (Girona), more or less 2 hours driving from Barcelona.
Is a little village but has a special essence that make this place so beautiful.
I went twice. Its a perfect place to relax, but if u look for party, you will find it also.

"Some helpful information......"

Tel. 639 71 98 03

Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life

by cat-alunya

"Cadaques, Sweet, Cadaques"

In 1999 I stumbled on a traveling magazine and saw a review on Cadaques. Broke and still in school, I knew I couldn't go anytime in the fathomable future, but I tore the page from the magazine and hung it on my refrigerator...for 3 years. My boyfriend at the time, now husband, threw it out eventually as it had become tattered and splattered from food in the kitchen. At the time, he didn't have a great interest in going there, or to Spain at all, for that matter. He was hung up on Germany. Another year passed and we ended up going to Spain on a last minute decision. While in Barcelona, we were engaged, but we were there in December and it was too cold to consider Cadaques.
The first intro the Spain proved enough to wet my husbands appetite with a country he now wishes he could call home. We went back a year later on our honeymoon and fell in love with this remarkable, secluded, former home to Salvador Dali. Now, we're going back in May. Spain- not only Cadaques, is somewhere I truly feel everyone should experience at least once in their life, especially the Catalan region. It is a step back in time with a people who know how to relax, live, breathe slowly, eat and drink slowly and very well and mean it when they smile at you.
Please go- you won't regret it!

"Where the Streets Have No Name"

It's damn hard to know where you are in cadaques, even if you have the street name. If you're lost, ask a local, they know everything and everyone...please don't waste your time and pride trying to locate a street sign, especially late at night...it's virtually a lost cause unless you're near the city center

"Blue...Oh so Lonesome For You"

Lovely Blue door of an even lovelier apartment, from what I could sneak a peek of when the owner opened up the door.

Cadaques StreetCadaques Street

Cadaques at duskCadaques at dusk

Drive into CadaquesDrive into Cadaques

The city of CadaquesThe city of Cadaques

Cadaques to Cerbere

by dcoulter

hello, i have to get from Cadaques to Cerbere early on sunday morning,sept. 3rd. i need to be at the train station in Cerbere by 7:00 to catch my train. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could get there? thank you!

Where to have a Wedding in Cadaques

by peanutbutterer

Hi there,

I was wondering is anyone could recommend a location in Cadaques to have a wedding. We plan to have 35-40 people and was wondering what options are available to us?

Many Thanks,

pb.

RE: Where to have a Wedding in Cadaques

by halaska

But, what do you want to do? Do you want to get married in Cadaques or the wedding party?
Do you want to do a real marriage? Where are you living now?

I think you can have a wedding in the church or in the town hall.

Answer my questions and explain more about your matter, and I will be able to help you.

Re: Where to have a Wedding in Cadaques

by ll81

Hi did you ever have your wedding in Cadaques? Would love to know how it all worked out. I'm sorry I only came across your question for the first time, but there are now locals who organize fantastic weddings in Cadaques and can help couples get married in Cadaques.

Hiking/walks in and around Cadaques?

by Pepgiggsy

Hello!
I'm off to Cadaques for two weeks in September and already found quite a few tips here. Does anybody have any other suggestions for nice half-a-day hiking trips around Cadaques for somebody with no car? Are there good walking maps available for the area? Any other tips for Cadaques are most welcome, too!

Thank you!

by maliense

Hello there,
I spent my holidays there. First of all: Not miss Casa Anita! A singular restaurant with very good meals (I strongly recomend you Gambas, Carpaccio de Bacalao and Sardinas). Also good meals in Can Rafa (rice).
Ask in the information centre about routes. There call them "Camins de Ronda".
Cadaques has a wide culture offer, so ask at the information centre as well about it. I went to a concert in the church and another in Portlligat.
Of course, visit Casa Dali at Portlligat.
Ask me any doubts. I came back from Cadaques 3 weeks ago.
Cheers,
Jose

by Belsaita

The 'Camí de Ronda' follows all the coast of Girona until the French border, its name means it was used to patrol the coast. I never did the part closer to Cadaques but i did others, usually these paths are easy but very scenic. A beautiful side of the Costa Brava most tourists do miss!!

Even not having a car, you can take buses to other towns and follow some paths from there, you'll find more info here:

(click on 'routes' or 'things to do')

of course, upon arrival go to the local tourist office (as said above) and ask them. They may have more suggestions. Good walking maps may be not easy to find in Cadaques, if you go to Girona there is a good bookstore, but now I can't remember its name... never mind, sure any local will know it, it's on the very centre of the old town. Have a nice trip!

by Pepgiggsy

Thank you! This is very helpful!
Maarit

by hikeee

Take the one hour hike from town to the lighthouse. And one hour back. Beautiful.

As for restaurants, the best in town is, believe it or not, the little sushi place. (Note it is expensive -- about 100 euros for two, with everything.) The sushi chef, from argentina, is extraordinarily talented. And when you tell his beautiful young compatriot serving the food how wonderful it is, her typical response is a delightfully honest "i know."

Ethan