Calle Diputacion 2, 08370 Calella, Spain
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 13% higher but also costs 39% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Top Amaika

Hotel Amaika

Hotel was good with the Titanic theme and clean in all areas. The bar staff and dining staff were a bit off-hand until they got to know you. The food was pleasantly presented if somewhat "samey" although there was always something to satisfy. The entertainment team, two young people, were very lively and charming to everyone. The entertainment at night was perfectly good and varied and had most people up dancing. There was a Hawaiian Show and a fire-eater with an Albino Python (peethon he called it!) which was certainly different.
There were a couple of incidents when a guest spoiled everyone else's enjoyment by ranting at the evening entertainment, probably due to excess alcohol but,apart from these instances, the short break was very pleasant and Calella is a lovely old Spanish town with lots of character. We also took the train to Barcelona which was a very pretty journey along the coast. We have been to Calella before 24 years ago and I always remembered it fondly and it is still a delight to stay there although, being off-season, there was a lot of work going on for the summer season.
All in all, our stay at the Hotel Amaika was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Titanic would have been better

by TripAdvisor Member deptford

The hotel Amaika was our given accommodation on a recent budget weekend - as a place just to sleep, it was ok. To my surprise, the weekend I had booked was half board - they needn't have bothered, the food was inedible at breakfast and I didn't even try dinner - one turn around the so called 'Buffet' was enough. Thankfully there are some good restaurants in Calella, enough to keep us happy for 3 nights but the hotel was abysmal. The staff ignored any complaints about non functtioning telephones etc. Not a place for a holiday.

Not great, change hotels if you can!!!

The hotel itself is amazingly clean. The beds are comfy and the rooms cleaned and made up daily.

BUT.......well where do I start. I went away with hubby and 2 small children (2&4).

The food was disgusting. We were shocked at how cold the main meat dishes were. The cuts of meat were cheap and gisley. We really struggled to feed the children (and ourselves). Sadly we resorted to the cold chips everyday!!!! Even the puddings weren't nice. How they manage to buy such tasteless food is beyond me!!!

There is nothing at the hotel for younger children to do. The kids club isn't brilliant, but caters for older children. There is a tiny play area, with 2 rockers in it. The pool is so tiny that only 80 sunbeds around it. For a hotel that caters for 500 odd folk, it is very difficult to get a sunbed!

The staff are friendly, but the rule about getting 2 drinks at a time did get very annoying when my hubby was upstairs and me and the children wanted a drink. I litterally had to queue up twice as they wouldn't give me 3 drinks.

Our holiday wasn't helped by a group of family and friends who let their children be a real pain around the pool. They bombed constantly and even after complaints the parents and staff did nothing. Their reasoning for the children bombing was that their was nothing for the kids to do at the hotel!!!

It was sad seeing children playing pick spoons up from the bottom of the pool, just for something to do.

The beach is gritty and not sandy. Very disappointing as the children found it hard to walk on and could not build sand castles.

Lots of people were asking to be moved to a different hotel. Most got their requests as the hotel IS that bad. Sadly we booked independly so we could not change. I met 2 women who were in tears at the thought of staying at the hotel for 2 weeks.

Apparently it has completely changed since last year.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

This is the first holiday ever that we've been really pleased to come home from.
What a waste of money!

Train travel from Barcelona El Prat Airport to Calella

by barabra

We have booked a holiday in August in Top Amaika Hotel in Calella and wanted to know if we could get a train direct from Barcelona El Prat Airport to Calella. Some advertisements say there is one direct train whilst others say to change at Mataro. Could somebody kindly confirm whether getting the train is doable.

RE: Train travel from Barcelona El Prat Airport to Calella

by Bada-Ran

From July on there will be train service again, going from the airport and ending in Estació de França, in Barcelona, so you have to change train in Sants station and get in the trains to Blanes or Calella.

Taxi from Barcelona

by comedianss0

Can anyone tell me how much it would be for a taxi from Barcelona airport to Callela De La Costa.
Thanks

Re: Taxi from Barcelona

by chiqui1106

I have found information in the page of a hotel Top Amaika from Calella.
They say that a taxi from Barcelona airport to Calella is about 75 euros.
Also, they give you another options.

Comments