I am going to Calella as a coach with my swim team in october, and I have a couple of questions, which I hope sone of you nice people can/will answer:
1. We are staying at Sant Jordi Hotel. Does anybody know anything of the standard there?
2. Are there any major sights in (or around) the city that will attract the interest of a group of 12-18 years old, not counting the nightlife :-)?
3. What is the weather typically like in mid october? Does it rain a lot? Is the water in the ocean still hot enough to go swimming?
4. We are using the local 50m pool. Does anyone have information on this facility? Anything will be greatly appreciated.
5. We will be heading for Barcelona one day, but do only want to miss one workout. We have the pool from 11AM - 1PM and from 6PM - 8PM. Will it be better to go in the morning (and miss the early session) or go in the evening (and miss the late session)? That is, is the city alive from 9AM to 4PM or is it better to be there from 2PM to 9PM?
Any other info on this place will of course also be preatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Hi, should still be fairly warm in October, there are two pools in Calella, a fairly modern looking indoor pool on the front, and an open air pool, a couple of streets back. Both look in good condition. I'd go to barcelona as late as possible, if using a local coach company, extend your visit to take in the 'magic fountains' : pulsating water, coloured light display and Freddie Mercury singing Barcelona as lasers shoot up into the night sky. I think it kicked off around 9.30 pm.
I do not recall 'major' sights, but an interesting feature is a 666 roadsign a short walk south of the town and ask about the walk to the Torrettes, the view from there is quite spectacular.
There is a water park between Blanes and LLoret which your party may enjoy, not aware of any fiestas at that time of the year, but our friend GooGle should be able to assist.
enjoy your visit.
This is the timetable of "The Magic Fountain" refered above.
Winter: (October to April)
Fridays and Saturdays from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Music sessions: 7:00 PM 7:30 PM 8:00 PM 8:30 PM
Summer: (May to September)
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Music Sessions: 9:30 PM 10:00 PM 10:30 PM 11:00 PM 11:30 PM
...to you both! The hotel have changed, so we are now staying at the Kaktus Playa - any info on this?
not personally, but I'll see if I can find it on the map and at least let you know where it is in situ from the pools
I am interested in how your trip went as i am also a coach and am planning a similar trip for oct 08,Trying to plan myself
did you use a company if so was it successful and have you got any hints or advice thanks Christine
Jovara 350, Calella, 08370, Spain
Avenida Del Turismo, Calella null
C/ Ramon I Cajal 2-16, Calella, 08730, Spain
Dipotacio 2, Calella null
Latest Calella de Palfrugell hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Calle Gaudi 8, Calella, Catalonia, 08370, Spain