Castell De Cardona, S/N, Cordona, Cardona, 08261, Spain
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Parador de Cardona

watch an old lady beat a sheep while you eat tapas

by seatpants about parador de cardona cafe

On the other hand, the cafe upstairs has amazing views and some great simple tapas. The Jamon and the olives were delicious and you grab a beer and stare out the windows overlooking the town. The hours of operation were a little hard to figure out. olives / olives
cafe solo / espresso
jamon serrano / ham
pa amb tomaquet / bread w/ garlic and tomatoes

Paradors: Network of Government Run Hotels

by deecat

Photos of Paradors We Used:
1. Parador Cardona
2. Allan in Pub at Parador Alcaniz
3. Dee in Catacombs at Parador Cardona
4. Parador De Vic
5. Parador de Teruel

When planning our 38-day trip to Spain in 1999, I knew little to nothing about the country. So, I used every available source to plan the best trip ever. Along the discovery route, I found out an interesting fact: Spain's government, starting in 1928, took such places as monasteries, palaces, castles, royal hunting lodges,and other monuments and turned them into hotels called "Pardors".

The name comes from a Spanish word for "a lodging place for travelers of respectable rank."

At the time, there were not too many hotels in some remote places, so the government stepped in and solved the problem. Now, these Paradors are not always in town, but you can be sure that they will have an interesting history, a good location, and a predictable level of comfort.

In addition (a fact I really like), they always have a restaurant that serves local cusine.

You may book the Parador directly or through the Central de Reservas in Madrid.

After researching Paradors, I liked what I read, and we used them several times with success.

Parador CardonaParador Cardona

Dee in Catacombs at Parador CardonaDee in Catacombs at Parador Cardona

Castle on the hillCastle on the hill

one of the views from the cafeone of the views from the cafe

bus from barcelona to cardona

by Yammi123

Hi,

We are planning to stay at Parador de Cardona for 1 day but a little unsure of the transportation. Both me and my friend are reluctant to drive, so we have to take public transportation. Someone mentioned Alsina Graells buss on the net, but when i searched their site, didn't seem to have the barcelona cardona line anymore. Can anyone provide info on bus? like a link and a schedule? thanks a million!!

br
yammi

Re: bus from barcelona to cardona

by xinoxano

Hi:
I searched on the web of Generalitat de Catalunya (our autonomous government and administration).
The company is actually Alsina Graells. The route is Barcelona - Manresa - Solsona - Andorra and they stop at Cardona.
Departure from Barcelona Estació d'Autobusos de Nord are: 6,30 am, 12,45 pm, 3 pm and 18,45 pm. The trip takes about 1,30 hours.

Re: bus from barcelona to cardona

by Yammi123

thanks a lot for your help!!! ease my mind. do you know if they have a link. i couldn't get much from googling. thanks again!!

What is the best way to travel from Barcelona to Cardona?

Hi there,
We are thinking of staying at the beautiful Parador de Cardona, but we need some help to find our way there. Could someone pl advise us on the best way to get to Cardona from Barcelona? Are there available buses, trains or should we rent a car and drive there?
Thanks!

RE: What is the best way to travel from Barcelona to Cardona?

by DSwede

The nearest train station is ~30km. Everyone that I know has either gone by car or bus. The bus stop is just outside of the city center.

I drove up there myself last month. I personally recommend having a car, that way you are free to explore the surrounding countryside and other towns in the area. If you drive, it will be just over an hour from Barcelona (hiway C-55)

Thanks, Dave.
Would like to explore the countryside at Cardona and therefore, driving there sounds like a better choice for us then. May I ask how the car rental rates per day are like and which car rental company would you suggest? Also, are there any good websites that provide info/maps on driving in Spain?

by DSwede

Honestly I do not know what short-term rental costs are, since I have never had a rental in Spain for less than 1 month.

I believe you would pay ~65 USD/day if you rent less than a week.
www.autoeurope.com
www.europcar.com
Otherwise there are the standard Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.

by DSwede

Sorry, forgot to mention the maps. There are countless number of online maps, but I'm partial to using www.maps.google.com

There might be others equally sufficient, but I'm familiar with it and find it easy to use. Give it a try, just type in "El Prat, Spain to Cardona, Spain"

you can fine tune it once you have actual addresses.

Gracias :)

Trip Help

by GDB1685

I’d appreciate any suggestions for things to do & places to see in the vicinity of my itinerary. I’ll be traveling with my wife at the by rental car beginning of September from Barcelona. Also, any recommendations for good local (not touristy) restaurants would be welcome.
We’ll be spending 1 night at Hotel Cal Llop in Gratallops. I plan on seeing the Roman ruins in Tarragona en route. We will also be stopping at Cordorniu to tour the cava production. We’d like to stop at a winery or 2 in Priorato. Any recommendations on nice ones that take visitors & gives samples of their wares are appreciated.
Next we’re driving St. Laurenc de la Muga & staying 2 nights at Torre Laurentii. En route to the hotel, we’re stopping at the Montserrat Abbey.
Lastly, we drive to Cardona, staying at the Parador de Cardona. From there we head to the Barcelona airport & home. Again, any suggestions will be gratly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help

Re: Trip Help

by Elisabcn

If you want to keep in that area I strongly suggest you to visit some of the monasteries of "the cister route". I have a tip about it with a link to the official site on my Catalunya page. Montblanc is a small medieval village that worths a short stop also. If you go to Cardona I suppose you will visit the salt mines? Maybe you are also interested in watching some castells. . . Then your place is Valls but you had to check if there is a castells event for those days. Visit also Sitges,not far from Barcelona, it is very beautiful when "beach tourists" have disappeared.
Hope it helps
Elisa

• Aug 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

RE: Bus to Cardona
    Does anyone know if this bus to Cardona is running on Sunday?? and how far is this hotel from the bus stop? Walking distance or taxi needed??
    thanks!

• leics's Profile Photo
      Aug 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Ask your question on the VT Cardona Travel Forum here:

Cardona Travel Forum

Far, far more people will see it there and I'm sure you will get some useful replies.