Avenida Remolar 46, El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08820, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Ciutat del Prat

Horrible Front Desk Staff

by okmouse45 about Ciutat del Prat, El Prat Spain

The stay was fine but the front desk staff is the rudest I have ever encountered in any hotel, and I have stayed in many. Below is a copy of my letter explaining the circumstances and a copy of the hotel manager's response. In other words, good luck on expecting anything from them except to collect the amounts due at the time of departure.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mickey Hunsucker
Date: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Subject: TELEPHONE LEFT ON BED IN ROOM 509
To: hotelcdp@salleshotels.com

Dear Sirs,
I would like this message directed to the Manager of your hotel. We stayed at your hotel for four nights checking out on Oct. 26th for a 10:00 am flight from Barcelona to the US. We paid our bill the night before--checking out early so we could expedite services at the reception desk and met the shuttle driver at 6:40 am for a 6:45 am appointment to the airport. The shuttle driver was very thorough and efficient. He took us along with another couple from Tennessee, all of us catching Delta 115 at 10:00 am destined for Atlanta, GA.

We had a really nice stay at the hotel and were very pleased with the room and the services. However, that is where our "good experience" ended. We have never had such rude and unexplicable behavior from front desk staff as we did at your hotel. We are very disappointed for the abrupt and completely uncalled for response from the young man at the front desk when we checked out.

We arrived at the airport within 20 minutes so it was shortly after 7:00 am when I discovered I had left my AT&T cell phone (Samsung - blue) on the bed in the hotel. I went to the Delta counter and they agreed to call the front desk for me. I asked the young man if he could send someone to get my phone and please give it to the next shuttle driver and I would meet him out front at the passenger drop to retrieve my phone. He abruptly said no he could not. He said if I wanted the phone I would have to take the shuttle back to the hotel, get the cardkey and go upstairs and retrieve the phone myself and then reschedule a trip back to the airport (or take a taxi). I then asked if he could note that I had left my phone and please have it mailed to me and charge the postage to the American Express credit card. He said no he could not. He said "We do not mail anything." So I had to decide to leave my phone since I could not risk missing my international flight.

His behavior or his words made no sense to us since a shuttle was arriving every 20-25 minutes and I had plenty of time to stand out front and meet the next shuttle to get my phone. If this is your company policy, I would be interested to know. If this was just an independent employee (highly unprofessional and bad representation of your hotel) making his own decisions to not be cooperative or helpful, I would like to know that as well.

It certainly tainted the good experience we had and we just simply didn't understand what would provoke such an irrational response from him. I hope that this is not your hotel policy and that he will be reprimanded and instructed/trained as to appropriate responses for hotel guests, especially when they have a problem or have a lost item. It was upsetting to lose the phone but his unwillingness to help made it even worse.

I have since disabled that phone and have gotten a new phone. I do intend to review your hotel with virtual tourtist, trip advisor, booking.com, and any other international hotel review service I can find. My final review will be determined by your response to this email.

I still an willing to have you mail the phone to me as a back up and I am willing to pay regular postal fees. If that is possible, please let me know and also inform me prior to the mailing as to the costs involved.

It is a shame that a nice facility associated with Salle Hotels has such a blight on their record because of an rude, obviously angry employee hopefully acting on his own and not on behalf of the hotel.

I look forward to a quick and appropriate response from your management.

Mickey Hunsucker
P O Box 40877
Austin, TX 78704

Dear Hunsucker,

I asked the recepctionist in duty that day and this is the information he gave me.

When you called the hotel from the airport to informe that you has forgotten your mobile phone in your room the shuttle to the airport was allready letf so it was imposible to send it to you with that service, and the next service to the airport was one hour later. Or shutle service must cover both terminals (T1 and T2).So he proposed you to take a taxi back to the hotel to pick it up and you told him you had no time to come back. We are sorry for that, however our shuttle service, in the morning, depends on the guests going to the airport and at that moment is very busy to do other services.

For the sending of the phone he informed you that or hotel policy is that we d'ont take in charge the sending of any forgotten objects from our guests. The guest must contact a company like SEUR, UPS ect. and take care of it. We only keep the objects in the hotel until the company comes to pick it up. If nobody clams for the object the hotel will only keep it for one month.

Other way if you prefer, we can, excepcionally, contact a sending company and ask them for the price of sending you the phone. In that case we will need your adress and a credit card number authorisation so we can pay them for the service.

Yours sincerelly

Antonio Rodriguez

General Manager The facilities are nothing special but they are clean and close the airport which is their only strong point in my opinion. Speaking of strong, they painted and/or varnished a room the last night of our stay and the fumes were so strong we tried to open our window (though cool) to get fresh air and had to close the interior door shutting off the bathroom area because of the strong odors.

Our other issues with the front desk/management are evident from the above emails.

Comments