Lasauca, 5, Figueres, 17600, Spain

Bird and picture of GalaBird and picture of Gala

Free Car park near the Dalí museum

by mathilde7

Hi!
I would like to know if there is a free car park near The dalí museum Figueres? According to the website of the museum there is one at the Parc Bosc but I couldn't find it on the map. We are planning to go there this saturday 31/7.
Thanks!

Re: Free Car park near the Dalí museum

by Josilver

I has been many year since I was there, but I caught the train and recall walking through a car park to get to the museum. Even if there isnt one close to the museum, there should be one near the train station.

Travel Tips for Figueres

More from the beautiful small town of Figueres

by JeSuisJill

There is nothing to do but go for a walk and look at the Pyrennes Mountains of France.
I also LOVED listening to the "natives" complain and debate politics. The do NOT consider themselves Spaniards at all. They detest Franco and how they were FORCED to join Spain ... The bustling WINDS at night and the CALM that got me sleeping HOURS nightly.

breathtaking, stunning works from Dali

by catnl

I have been there for a short time,but maybe someday i will go back.... take at least 1 day to see it all!
We went on a daytrip to Girona, Banoyes and the Dali museum. Its was organized by the travelagency and a femaleguide explained all in 4 languages. She was really good! We had an international group with Fins, Ukrainians, Germans, English, Italian, Spanish and Dutch people.
All interested in the same thing that makes the contact very easy. The best of the trip was saved for last ,,the Dali mueseum. After a long trip we wanted to strech the legs first and have some drink at a restaurant on the square near the museum. Then we went inside my friend and me and i know i must have stood with my mouth open sometimes. I still feel the excitement looking at all the things Dali created, what a genius...
The guide told us a lot about Dali's personnal life as well. I will write this all down later at my travelogues. Dali museu what more can i say....

Its not allowed to take a huge bag or rucksaks inside the museum, neither can u u use a flashlight inside! If u do the camera will be confiscated..
U can smoke, eat or drink in a special area.
Its not allowed to touch anything, i think thats normal..do wear some walkingshoes because the building has 3 floors and u will be walking from room to room.
Opening hrs.
09.00-20.00 hrs (1st.july-30th.september)
10.30-18.00 hrs.(1st.oct-30th.june)

Welcome to the world of surrealism

by Mahieu

As said in the introduction, the main reason for visiting Figueres is the famous Dali-museum. I like some of his works, but I'm not what you should call a big fan. Nevertheless, I'm glad I saw the museum. There are some amazing pieces of art, like in the main hall a portrait of a nude girl, watching the sea. If you take a little distance, you'll see that the same painting is actually also a portrait of A. Lincoln! Very well done!

The entrance is pretty expensive though, 9 euro! At the moment I was there, it was extremely busy, so this wasn't the ideal moment for a thorough visit. Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed it.

Dali Museum - the paintings

by solopes

It was a small disappointment the collection on display.

Of course, dollars were in command all Dali's life, and the best works were sold. But, even so, I really expected more. Funny, his jokes with Velasquez and the classics.

Dali Again

by ozalp

I blamed him being kitsch, but I keep writing. Ironic.

He had psychological problems, like many of us, like many of artists. He was a communist for a while then he supported Franco. In this era he lost many friends, like Miro, Picasso, Buñuel. I like these three men. The first Buñuel film I've seen was El Angel Exterminador. I was young and I felt shocked. It was not similar to anything I had seen before. He worked with Dali in his film "Un Chien Andalou". Then Dali become religious and blamed Buñuel for being atheist.

This portrait is known for all of us with messed up hair, angry looking. Our guide told us that he painted this with squid. Nice material.

Comments