Ctra Olot S/N, Figueres, 17600, Spain

More about Hotel Trave

First time Europe

by leecouk12324

"Excellent book - Tips"

I just picked up a book from the library - "A Rough Guide Special - First Time Europe"
It a most informative book but it is also fun and very enjoyable to read.
Has tips on absolutely everything - and the majority of the tips can be applied anywhere - not just on Europe - ie - "do i go with a friend or trave; alone" - it looks at pros and cons.
Has info on absolutely everything from asking a local Construction worker where to find a good cheap breakfast to hitchiking - it is hard to find anything it doesn't mention.
There are also country profiles at the back (not detailed but a good interesting info)
Excellent and essential for my bookshelf - i am buying it!

Figueres - SpainFigueres - Spain

Castell de Sant Ferran - FigueresCastell de Sant Ferran - Figueres

QueueQueue

Before enter the museumBefore enter the museum

Trave from Milan to Vienna

by Aprilshower

I am traveling with a agency to Europe in September. And the last stop is Milan. Then I will like to visit Vienna myself. So, what is the best way? and the price?

Thank you very much!

sardinia or sicily?

by jerryy

I want to trave to sardinia or sicily for two weeks in mardch Which one should I go to ?
Can I fly toronto to rome and rent a car and ferry over ? or would it be better to fly one of the islands and rent a car there?
jerry

Re: sardinia or sicily?

by iandsmith

I too was faced with the same choice. Wanted to do one of the islands and thought initially of Sardinia but opted for Sicily.
I never for one moment regretted the decision but, you have to remember, I'm fascinated by history.
The amazing Grecian legacy (I loved Segesta and drooled at Selinunte), the Norman presence in the form of towers (Caccamo for one), wonderful hilltop fortified towns like Enna, Caltagirone (don't overlook this one), Piazza Amerina and Erice (must-see) and just driving through the inland in spring.
Wonderful bays, the amazing Mt. Etna (make sure you drive all the way around it to get perspective) and the unforgettable Taormina. All in my pages.
Sigh, is that the travel agent? Two tickets to Sicily please!
Remember, Giampiero will advise Sardinia!
Cheers, and enjoy wherever you go.

Re: sardinia or sicily?

by iandsmith

Sorry, forgot your car whilst I was dreaming! I flew down from Rome (cheap flight off internet) to Palermo, rented there, then caught the ferry back to Napoli and proceeded by train to Rome. I can recommend that experience.
Cheers.

Re: Re: sardinia or sicily?

by Sjalen

If you want lovely beaches: Sardinia

If you want decent beaches and lots of history plus a massive volcano: Sicily

Everyone in history seems to have left their legacy.

The world heritage Agrigento temple valley, Siracusa with its Greek AND Roman theatres, gorgeous Taormina...

Travel Tips for Figueres

Dali Theatre-Museum

by JetlagCity

The Dali Theatre-Museum really must be experienced in person - it's so much more alive and three-dimensional than most museums. The building itself is part of the art, some of which Salvador Dali created specifically for this site. The entryway and lobbies are spectacular examples of this, as well as the Mae West room. Lots of his fantastic paintings are here, too, from his early surrealist works to some done near the end of his life.

Unfortunately when we were here it was some sort of holiday in Europe, and there were hoardes of children running and screaming through the museum, out of control. I'd really like to come back someday to revel in this place without the headache I got on my first visit!

Teatre-Museu Dali

by call_me_rhia

salvador dali's theatre museum is the reason to go to figueras: it's a truly wonderful, strange, surrealistic museum - inside you'll find many works by this extraordinary Spanish artist - but not the usual ones you are used to see in museums. Also there are not only paintings but statues, christmas cards, furniture and... his grave. Yes, he asked to be buried inside this theatre. If you are fond of his art it's really worth a day trip from Barcelona.
Entrance price (2002): 9 euros

church of saint peter

by call_me_rhia

The church of Saint Peter is located next-door to the casa-museu Salvador Dali. In this church the catalan artist Salvador Felipe Jacinto Dalí i Domènech was christened (1904)and given its ultimate farewell (1989): the final and ultimate acts of his life.

Mae West Room.

by euzkadi

This room, one of my favorites places of the museum, is one of the examples of the wonderful ideas of the artist. You have to climb a stair case to see the whole room through a magnifiying glass to get the actress portrait.

Comments