Hotel Ciutat De Girona

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Ciutat De Girona

Champion!!

by TripAdvisor Member RobFindlater

Excellent location, easy to find if you are driving - (watch out for all the red and white info signs in the streets up to a mile away). Also email the hotel ahead of your visit and they will email you a cool little map and directions to the car park. Parking was 15 Euros a day when we stayed, but pay at the hotel reception as they get you a better rate.

Very attentive friendly staff, super clean everywhere and very modern and minimalist in design - (see the pics). Rooms had all the facilities that you could want for a weekend away and were of a good size. Our room, 308 was a corner room on the 3rd floor which was nice and quiet. There are no views to speak of out of the windows, but we chose this hotel for the great location and we liked being tucked away in the old narrow town streets.

Restaurant was great, although we only sampled the breakfast as we were out in the evenings.

I have absolutely no complaints or anything negative to say about the place at all and this was yet another excellent choice of hotel found through Tripadvisor!
Hotels had vacancies where other suppliers didn't. Also the rates were very reasonable for nightly accommodation including breakfast.

Great location, friendly staff, nice rooms

by TripAdvisor Member bjorkebo73

I would recommend anybody going to Girona to stay in this hotel. Great service, nice rooms, great location. No too expensive, value for money even though it is not cheap. I would love to come back next year. Water and breakfast included in price nice breakfast buffet. They also borrowed me a lap-top computer i could use in my room for free. Nice furniture. GREAT go there!

I'm going back - just because th hotle is so great

by TripAdvisor Member HappyMarc

Faultless service and rooms. I have stayed in hundreds of Hotels all over the world and this is one of the best. It delivers exactly what it promises and the staff are excellent. The location is unbeatable, get up early and walk through town. Even the rather touristy square around the corner has some restaurant gems and the food is so cheap. I love this place!!

Great hotel - historic restaurant!

by TripAdvisor Member JohnandBeccaCumbria

We shouldn't be telling you about this place - we don't want it full next time. Or the superb food; or the sensible prices; or the great staff. The hotel is everything reflected here on TripAdvisor. The restaurant comes as a great extra - but do book a table. It was fiesta when we were there, but dozens were turned away - and all appeared to be locals. Cannot fault hotel, staff, or food.

What a find!!!

Outstanding. It's that simple. We arrived in Girona on the train, and followed the clear street signs that point to the hotel (red and white). We had food poisoning from a Barcelona dinner the night before, and just wanted a rest. The hotel was an oasis. Quick check in. Beautiful room, 402, a corner room, ask for it. The entire place looked like it was built last week. The air con worked very well. Quadruple glazed windows stopped ALL noise, and allowed us to pick our climate. CD player, free minibar, free breakfast, with great tortilla. We tried to have dinner in their restaurant 'Blanc', but they were full, and turning away locals in droves...a very good sign (during fiesta). If you are staying there, book a table in advance. It is a short walk to plenty of great restaurants...have no fear. Room service was on time, multilingual, and while the sandwich I ordered was not the one that arrived, the one I got was really good! The staff remembered we needed a 9am taxi, and it was there on the dot. The furniture and fittings are faultless, the service was great. If you are tired and need a break, catch a Ryanair flight to Girona, and stay there just to be in this hotel, and stroll about the old quarter (5 min away). Well done to the staff.

What a treat

by TripAdvisor Member FLB

Even though the hotel is difficult to find, it was a wonderful place to stay. We originally had reserved two nights and changed it to three. The hotel is modern and the rooms are nicely appointed with all the modern conveniences. I love that they had robes and slippers in the room as well. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was included with our room which included a large selection of breakfast foods. The restaurant at the hotel is also tasty for dinner and the prices are very reasonable. The hotel provides comlimentary beverages in your room and has munchies available at the front desk in the afternoon. What a nice little added goody. Note: beware that many of the restaurants in Spain serve bread or some kind of appetizer that was not ordered and add a charge on to the bill. A bonus was having access to a computer and the internet at no charge. I would definitely return to Gerona and stay here without a doubt!

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member B-party9_7to9_10

taxi from airport was 20 euros late at night. Room was just fine and free mini bar is great touch. Breakfast was included and very good. My wireless internet worked but I'm not sure that was through the hotel. The area around the hotel is very charming and I wish we could have spent some time there rather than simply heading off straight to Barcelona. I was very pleased with the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there the again.

What a PITY!

by TripAdvisor Member thecrispone

What a pity - with so many good reviews, I really thought this place was going to be a real treat - unfortunately we were let down.

There is no legal parking or even offloading for the hotel (a fact we found out after confirming with the desk staff that we would be ok for a short time) we received a 90 Euro parking fine (same cost as the room for the night!)

When we checked in we tried to get the non smoking room booked, but were told that it was ok because all rooms were the same and we would not be charged any extra!

The food in the restaurant is very plain - if that is what you like, great, but this is not a good example of Spanish or Catalun cuisine.

The internet was intermittently on and off.

The rooms are far from sound proof and you hear the bells of the church and cathedral all night - (about 2 minutes appart - the church is running late) so if you are a light sleeper, take earplugs.

All that aside it is very central, stylish and the people are friendly and Girona absolutely rocks!

Great friendly hotel with a 5 star restaurant

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have spotted & booked this hotel on the internet, we read all the reviews and it truly lived up to them all. Magnificent position, staff & food. We stayed 4 nights & spent New Years Eve in the Hotel dining room, champagne was included all night, it was terrific. Clearly deserving of its 4 star status , we will definately be back. The price was very good also.

Located close to both the bus & train station we took a trip to Barcelona on New Years Day 1hour 15minutes by express train and it was £7 each return. The station,trains and train times were immaculate - shame on Britain.

Cheap Girona Hotels

by lazyricketts

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice about a cheap hotel next to the airport where i would be able to leave my luggage for the night?

Comments