Porto Cristo

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 46% more and rated 18% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Girona

The girl sold me two pair of jeans on sale.The girl sold me two pair of jeans on sale.

Onyar HousesOnyar Houses

Arab BathsArab Baths

view from fortified walls in Gironaview from fortified walls in Girona

Storing luggage at the Girona railway station

by ramot418

Are there facilities for storing luggage for a few hours during the day at the Girona railway station?

by counsel14

I don't know of any. My husband left his luggage at the tobacconists for an hour when he went to get lunch during a layover. You can always call the station and ask them though.
(+34) 902 240 202

by angiebabe

I have a tip in my Girona page about the problem I had finding on arrival to see Girona on my way from the airport to Blanes - and had nowhere to put my luggage! What luck previous poster to find a kind tobacconist to allow that! even the tourist office wouldnt allow me to put it down for a while! Instead to see Girona - not on wheels this one time as I decided to save money and not pay for in the hold luggage and have only cabin luggage! - I had to carry my luggage around with me for 2-3 hours.

by ramot418

It didn't matter to me in the end. I wanted to rent a car in Girona (to go to Figueres and southern France) as late as possible in order to have the car a few extra hours. However, it turned out it would make no difference if we took the car before or after touring Girona, so we took it before and stored the luggage in the car.

by angiebabe

That was handy - I normally rent a car but the visit to Girona was to stay with friends so I decided not to - next time I would definitely rent a car for the Girona area regardless!

Travel Tips for Girona

everything here

by allsribas

you must go to the lake of Banyoles, to the roman bridge in Besalรบ, to the basaltic precipice in Castellfollit de la Roca, all in the same road in about 40 km.
And near Olot the volcanoes, a lot of them are possible visit, they are wonderful I always miss the lake of my village, Banyoles
It's not very big (6 km of perimeter) but in our country is the bigger.

Diada de Sant Jordi

by alberrrt

In all Catalunya every 23th of April we celebrate the Diada de Sant Jordi (Saint George's Day). During all day stands selling books and roses fill the center of every town, city and village. Following the tradition -that comes from a legend-, boys gift a rose to their partner, while girls gift a book for him. But, in fact, is no strange that you receive both, a book and a rose. Its usually a sunny day, so this makes it still more charming.

Visit the cells where dead monks were mummified

by reluctant_traveller

Close to the museum are the cells where the dead monks were taken to be mummified. Their habits were sewn up at their feet, sleeves and hood and they were then sat upright in a cubicle. The fluids from their bodies would drain into holes in the ground and once they had dried out the mummified body was taken back to the monastry

By Car: How far...?

by Redang

Some road distances from Girona to:
- Barcelona: 103 kms.
- Madrid: 702 kms.
- Paris (France): 941 kms.
- Rome (Italy): 1.304 kms.

Checking the website, you can find some more road distances together with the driving times and the best routes.

Find a restaurant in Girona

by virtualpatrick

Behind the Cathedral near the old city wall are narrow streets. Stroll around to find cozy restaurants and cafes that line the streets in the old part of Girona.

There are also cafes around the main square, Plaza de la Independencia, in the new part of Girona. The main square is a hlaf block from the Pont Sant Agusti bridge.

Comments