Hostal Dalfo

More about L'Estartit

Town/harbour overviewTown/harbour overview

Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by mrandmrsrobb

We are arranging our own flights and accommodation for our holiday this year.

Does anyone know of a website or information regarding Bus routes from Gerona Airport to Estartit? We have looked into taxi/transfers etc and find the prices very expensive.

We know that a regular service ran from Reus to Salou and are hoping that its the same in Gerona/Estartit.

We will be travelling in September 06 so any information or help would be greatly accepted.

Thank you.

RE: Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by africaking

Hi There

Good Lord, I struggled to find info on this. I used to work in L'estartit and travelled to Girona airport, but this was years ago and can't remember much of it. Saying that I did look for you and found a link that might help, firstly I think that you will have to travel to Girona Center and get another bus, there is a tel. no. to call listed on the webpage, look under "Girona Airport to Girona City center". The link is http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/girona-airport-buses.html

Hope this helps you in some way, good luck.

RE: RE: Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by Belsaita

I'm not 100% sure, but I think as well you must go to Girona first and take here a second bus to L'Estartit. The big difference with Reus/Salou is that Salou is virtually the only big beach resort in the area. Hovewer, near Girona you have several km of coastal towns, and only the biggest towns (that are not the nicest) do have direct connections with the airport.

Have a look at these bus companies Sarfa (www.sarfa.com) and Ampsa (www.ampsa.org), both serve the area.

Maybe you can stay a night in Girona town, it's worth it! http://www.ajuntament.gi/turisme/ENG/index.html

Hope it helps

RE: Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by mrandmrsrobb

Thanks Guys
We kinda think we are sorted now gonna get a taxi on arrival we dont land until 8.30pm and bus it on return Amfa site was very helpful CHEERS

RE: RE: Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by andy_scot_uk

This is very useful as I too am going to l'estartit. Do you know if the bus leaves from the bus station in Girona or stops at the airport?

RE: RE: RE: Local travel from Gerona airport to Estartit

by danisr

I recomend you to book a taxi to "Taxi Alex".
They have cars for 4 or 8 passengers.
Contact: alex@taxialex.com