Ac Lleida

More about Lleida

LleidaLleida

Travel from Barcelona to Lleida

by pattanabomb

I need your help. My parent will arrive in BCN from Thailand about 2pm on Sept 11, and need to go to Lleida for conference. They decide to stay overnight in Barcelona and travel to Lleida by train in the morning. I plan to purchase train ticket for them via internet throught RENFE/TIKNET website. It cost about 30 euro each way. The problem is the website requires the first time buyer to go to renfe station to present a credit card to them before ticket will be issued and will not allow to purchase anymore tickets until done so. That mean, they will not be able to purchase a return ticket from Lleida until they arrive at Sants station.

My question is, is it difficult to purchase tickets at Sants station to Lleida via "ALTARIA" train on the day she travel (Sept 12)? Is there any other website from USA that I can purchase the tickets for them? They only need two rountrip tickets. I don't want to purchase Europass since it cost $175 each x 2 = $350 compares to 4x30 = 120 euros. I reall appreciate your suggestion of best way to travel from Barcelona to Lleida. Thanks

by nomad7890

I'm sorry, call me paranoid but I have issues with replying to posts when a new member does not even have the kindness of stating where they are from. Yes there are ways around your problem - but could you explain how you chose your user id? Your "parents" are traveling 9/11, and your id includes the term "bomb". Do you have a warped sense of humor?

by pattanabomb

I didn't mean to scare anyone, my nick name is Bomb. I'm from Thailand. Sorry if I scared you. My parents will travel from Vienna actually and arrive in Barcelona on Sept 11. thanks for your help

by Belsaita

Fun as I have to think twice to associate Sept 11 with terrorism.... Sept 11 is the National Day of Catalonia, so my fist though was you'r parents will find most of Barcelona atractions closed, that's a pity.

On the other hand, you'll receive more positive answers if you fill more data in your profile, at least some basic data.

I don't think they have any problems buying the tickets on the spot. Barcelona-Lleida is more a business route, and especialy after a long weekend is not expected to be full. Anyway, they should go to Sants PLENTY of time, as there can be veeeeeeeeeeeery long and slow queues.

Another option: where they will be staying in Barcelona? There are quite a few small RENFE train stations scattered around town. For instance, they can go to the Catalunya or Passeig de GrĂ cia stations (small stations, much easier to find your way around and less crowded than Sants) and buy or retrieve their tickets on Sept. 11 (the train stations will not close, of course). The next day, they can just take a taxi or metro to Sants in a more relaxed way.

by nomad7890

My apologies, did not mean to be so abrupt. Although a little embarrassed I think this nickname could be problematic traveling today. When tensions run high in airports and train stations "Bomb" is not taken lightly!

And I'm happy to have something to celebrate now for Sept 11! Catalunya will always be special as it was my initial entry into this beautiful western part of Europe. Hoping to return next year, with a little more time!

Nomad

by nomad7890

By the way, we boarded a train from Sants to San Sebastian this summer. As previously mentioned the queues are QUITE long so please do take the advise to arrive early seriously.

Nomad

by pattanabomb

Thank you for your suggestions. My parents will stay at Hotel de Sants. Since it sits on top of the station, I think they will have plenty of time to buy train tickets. Can they buy a round trip tickets? In the RENFE website, it shows the price of 30.20 for one way. I don't know if that means $30.20 or it means $30/$20. Can anyone tell me the cost of train from Barcelona to Lleida and back? I put my nickname once on my luggage when I traveled from Phillipine to Thailand about 20 years ago and that created about 2 hrs delay on my flight. Since then I never put my nick name on the luggages again.

My parents will arrive at BCN about 2pm, what can they do in term of sight seeing for the rest of the day? They plan to leave Sants station to Lleida about 11:30 on next morning.

Thanks for all your help

by Belsaita

Definitely is not a good nickname for travelling, LOL!

The single trip does cost 20.30 euros. If they but return, there is a discount, I think 20%, so it would be aroud 36 euros.

As they are staying just on top of the train station, I would reserve trough Internet and they can retrieve the actual tickets at Sants first thing upon arrival.

As they will have only an afternoon/evening in Barcelona, and most places will be closed, they may take the Tourist Bus and get a general feeling of the city.

Comments