Costa Encantada Aparthotel

Ctra Blanes-Mas Costa Encantada, Platja de Fenals, Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava, 17310, Spain
Aparthotel Costa Encantada
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Rated 19% higher but also costs 64% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Costa Encantada Aparthotel

Costa Encantada- waste of a holiday

We stayed here for a fortnight on June 17th, flight times were poor but most are. We shared a one bedroom appartment at the rear of the hotel.The room was large, well equipped and clean.There was no room cleaning service or air conditioning unless you
paid for it,although towels were changed regulary.Spanish staff were on the whole friendly and helpful especially the reception staff and Adria at the poolside bar. The food in the restaurant at 12euros per head was excellent, food at pool bar ok but limited choice and why do the spanish think we only eat beans and chips. Hotel is on the side of a hill and not for people with walking disability,they are a few places to eat in walking distance . The beach is a good 15 mins.walk and is pea shingle with a steep bank to the sea in which you are up to your chest in two steps. Beaches at lloret and Blanes are the same so are not suitable for young children.The worst thing about this hotel is the noise,sirens wailling all day,then the dustcart comes at midnight followed by guests coming back to the hotel up to 4.30 am with their children in tow. We thought the entertainent was very poor same thing every night.
The Rep didnt want to know when we had a problem. It was so bad that we tried to get home twice. If your idea of a good holiday is lying by the pool all day drinking followed by drinking all night watching rubbish entertainment this is the place for you.If you want a quiet
holiday with only a few children then try Cala Llonga Ibiza. We will never come back here.
please feel free to email for further guidance

Costa Encantada is by far the best airtours family hotel!

My Husband and 7 year old daughter have just returned from a two week stay in the Costa Encantada.

What can i say!!! We where located in Block C above the disco Bar it was a one bedroom s/c apartment it had everything we needed in amble space.

Hotel Staff were very friendly and spoke a variety of english which helped.

My Daughter spent mornings in the pool, Afternoon in the shades club and in the evening at the mini-disco... The entertainment team Phil, Sam, Richie, Charlie & Tee are amazing rom the very first activity of the day right through to fun time before late evening entertainment was hyper.

My husbasnd even got invloved and had me in stitches.

Can't comment much on hotel food as we usually went for a short walk down the street to the HUNGRY HORSE resturant were the staff were friendly, helpful and the meals were outstanding.

It's a short stroll into Lloret itself if ur not in a hurry, but the hotel itself offers u everything u possible need so there is no real reason to go to far away.

Already we have decided to take my husbands family back to Costa encantada next year. Scottie is the best rep in the hotel and will answer any of your questions or queries.

Absolutely brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member JanGaz

Stayed at the Costa Encantada for a week in May,me ,my mum,my 15 year old son and his friend of the same age,even though the teenagers club wasn't on at the time,we all still had a fantastic time.the reps catered for everyone,not just entertaining the little ones which of course meant the boys wern't pestering me and my mum all the time. Rooms lovely and clean.If you can't find much food wise in hotel supermarket there is an absolutely brilliant supermarket just outside of the hotel on main road.Definately going back there next year.

Great Entertainment team!!

Just back from a two week stay in costa encantada,the rooms were okay, not too bad..Staff lovely..Pool bar good for snacks,we were self-catering so didn,t try the resturant.supermarket in hotel extortionate-one just down the road much better..disco bar was good fun for the kid's-a big thanx to the entertainment team,especially Jen & Charlotte (SALAD!!!) My kid's thought they were great!! they all worked really hard every day & night....Evening entertainment that the hotel put on could be much better though..having read reviews before we went we were expecting top class stuff,ok the first week-boring when you have to watch it again the second!! doesn't compare to costa sur in ibiza or sirenis beach club!!not impressed with lorette itself not much for kids..would go again if the price was right though!!!

Fantastic holiday 10/10

by TripAdvisor Member slinkybeach

Me and my 4 friends have just spent 1 week at the Costa Encantada and all agreed it was fantastic. We were a bit worried about the room being big enough for the 5 of us because it was only 1 bedroom but the rooms are very spacious so there was no problem. The pool area was lovely and plenty of sun lougers, we never had a problem getting one what ever time of day it was.

The hotel is about 10-15 min walk to the centre of Lloret de mar, Which we did not mind (even in our heels ). Lots of good pubs and clubs in Lloret we really enjoyed The Queen Vic pub.
The reps take you on a pub crawl on the sunday evening for 5 euro,s which was good for us as we only arrived that morning.

If you want to stay at the hotel in the evening there is different shows in the disco bar and also a pub so ther is still plenty to do. The entertainment team work hard to keep adults and children entertained through out the day and evening and are very friendly.

The hotel has a restaurant which was nice but on the way to Lloret there is El Rancho the food was lovely and the staff were very friendly, Also a bit futher down the road is The Hungary horse they do the most amazing cooked breakfast very good value for money.

I would just like to mention that you have to be out your room for 10am for 50 euro you can keep it on til 6pm, which is ideal for late flights although there is a shower and locker room to keep your cases/hand luggage in.

we would definatly come back to this hotel and recommend it for all ages. 10/10

Amazing holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member mawiemawie

Costa Encantada was totally fantastic. I went along with my bf on our first holiday together and it couldnt be better! The hotel was brilliant. People always around to help. Maid service every day and very very clean. The room for 2 people was huge. We where at the back of the hotel so the view wasnt amazing and apart from a few noisy kids it was fantastic! We didnt go to any entertainment however we did hear it on a night time and it seemed to keep everyone amused. The pub was also good. Right outside the hotel so we got to watch the late night matches in there. The pool side bar was also excellent. The staff where helpful and the food always prepared really quickly. There wasnt a day when we didnt eat there. Even though the resturant itself seemed rather expensive there was a huge selection of food. The hotel itself is on a hill however its not a bad walk down to the main shops and the beach is just down the road. Regular boats make it easy to travel around to other areas and buses to Barcelona and the Water Park are really handy. This is a holiday for everyone. There was loads of families and also couples of all ages. The resort also has 2 parks so there really is something to suit everyone!! The selecion of resturants within walking distance was unbelievable! Theres always somewhere different to eat.

Even though we didnt really go out drinking there seemed to be a lot of night life in the area making it good for groups of friends.
I cant wait to go back again next year this time for 2 weeks!!!!

Fantastic! 1st class *****

by TripAdvisor Member pammymt

What a fantastic holiday, a must for all ages!
My husband, my son and myself are just back from te costa encantada and we had a excellent time.

The hotel is very clean, with english speaking, friendly staff. The entertainers: Ritchie, Sam, Tee, Jen and Phil are fantastic, always arranging activities. There is something for everyone at all times of the day. My son, whos 8 had a ball, kids club in the morning, pool in the afternoon and the mini disco at night (which we loved also, you'll go home singing catoon hereos hehe). Unfortunatly they sold out of mini disco cds while we were there so if anyone knows how we can get one Pleassssse let us know as my wee boy was so disappointed!

The hotel is about 5-10mins stroll to the beach, your walking past shops so it dosent feel very far. Shops, resturants, pubs etc withing few mins walk from the hotel. Lloret is not very far, some people say 10-15min walk. Im 5 months pregnant and it only took us max 10min slow walk!

there is a Caprabo supermarket just outside the hotel which is cheap, the onsite shop is good value for money also. The hotel also has internet connection with 4 high speed computers, it cost 1 Euro for 10mins. We ate in the resturant a few times and the food was excllent. We were running out of money towards the end of the holiday so at night we took our own drinks into the disco bar, which everone seamed to be doing and nothing was said.

We were in block C which is above the disco bar and we slept fine even though the nightlys went onto 3am we never heard a sound! the rooms are big and modern with tv which shows bbc1 wales, cnn, cbeebies, bbc4 and bbc3.

We went on the tour of the Nou Camp stadium and 2 hours shopping in Barcelona which i must say is fantastc, the tour guide took us around Barcelona and pointed out interesting sites.

All in all i would give this hotel and holiday 10 out of 10. you wont be disappointed!
We are already looking to go back next year!

Excellent place but dont go to the America Bar in Fenals

I went to Costa Encantada with my boyfriend for 2 weeks on the 17th June 2006, we were both very impressed with both the hotel and the resort. Our flight times were not great but on arrival at our hotel, we were very impressed, we booked a late deal so got a great price through Direct Holidays. We had a 2 bedroom apt, it was clean and spacious. The pool area was lovely and there was always plenty of sun loungers even later on in the day, as there were days when I was too ill from the night before to hit the pool too early. The weather was terrific. We did not eat in the restaurant hotel but did have some food at the pool which was good, although bit pricey in comparison to other places outside the hotel.

We tended to do any shopping at the Caprabo supermarket which is just opposite the hotel, this was very cheap in comparison to the hotel shop prices.

Entertainment in hotel is excellent for the families, loads of activities for the kids throughout the day.

We went to few different restaurants, namely El Rancho and Mini Golf Restaurant plus others, all of which provided excellent service and food was loverly.

Whatever you do... DO NOT GO TO BAR AMERICA, we waited 55 mins for steak (in comparison to other places which had average waiting time of 20mins max), we decided to leave afer other couples who came in after us were sitting down to their meals, we felt the service levels were very poor, we complained to the waiter who did not even try to apologise for the poor service, instead insulted our nation by saying he gets poor service from England, although I am scottish I felt this was an insult to our nation also.....well you can imagine there was no way we were going to dine there after that... We were forced to pay 25 euro for a meal we never even seen or even ate....

This did not put a dampner on the holiday....we went to a Bar in the centre called Bravehearts.... you must go there, the bar staff are all very friendly and we ended up going there every night, they have karaoke, whether you can sing or not its a great night, good for families too. Bravehearts is a bit hard to find but its just in a wee backstreet round from Juan Hotel, make sure you take time to find it.

We went to the Waterpark which was excellent, also went to the Barcelona New Camp trip, this was a long day out especially if you take the kids, after the camps we went to see the Olympic stadium and then the famous dancing fountains, they ere amazing.

We had a great time, but remember steer clear of Bar America in Fenals.

thoroughly enjoyed this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cheesecrackers

Very clean hotel and food excellent if you like british. No worries where kids concerned regarding the food, i ve kids 14, 10 and 18mths and no problem. We went sc and bought breakfast and lunch from supermkt five mins down rd to economise. We ate evening meal out from various eat outs ,one called hungry horse and it was good , hospitality superb they love babies!Regretted going hb as hotel breakfast was supposed to be brill and ate in once for evening and you couldnt beat it! Wasnt over impressed with resort but hotel could not fault except the toilets were outdoors for sunbathers where you had to go down two floors and they were located on edge of hotel near entrance to hotel. There was a security guard located here most of the time, as lockers and laundry room also located here ,however ,the slippy steps down to them and the location were a concern when have kids . I believe toilets for sunbathers should be located where as many people are in view of them as possible so we can protect our kids. The health and safety for the toilets being down two floors when children have wet feet and the floor gets soaked is definitely something that should be looked at by the hotel as an area for improvement. The other restaurant by the pool that opens for evening meal is also brilliant , omelettes, curries and pies were just like back at home and can be served with chips. Hotel staff on reception also nice and some british. We ate here more often than anywhere as quiet , had high chair for our baby and quick service. No germans in this hotel mainly british.

bit of a dive!!

by TripAdvisor Member vj_jw

Im 23 and dont earn a fantastic wage, so im used to low budjet holidays and basic accomodation, so when i saw this deal online, i thought id saw a great bargain! it was described as a 4 star, which in my experience to date is excellent standards...plus i read alot of on-line accounts on here before i left and was very excited! But im abit confuesed now im back at how many brilliant reviews there are!!

Dont get me wrong, im not a prude, I made the most of my hol, and managed to have a fantastic time...but only because we spent most of the time away from the accomodation. which was fine coz i like exploring etc, but not ok for people who want to relax in some piece and quite.

The lifts broke down every other day and its was a right pain since we were on the top floor!

I heard a rumour whilst i was there that someone had found human excrement on there corridor outside their room! I

The rooms are dark and depressing, and could do with an update...the walls were dirty and had brown smears up them..the sofas stank like the covers of them had not been washed in 10 years. the kitchen had items missing, so there was only so much we could cook. worst of all you had to pay for the air con per day!!! which in the heat over there at the momment is impossible to cope without!

I dont normally write reviews, but i felt i had to give my honest opinion because before i left for this hotel, the accounts on here gave me false high expectations and left me disappointed upon arrival!

Historical window to Tossa's pastHistorical window to Tossa's past