just sit and chill out
found this cafe, hidden away from the crowd in Cala Banys really peacefull watching the water , drinks dearer then normal but you pay for the view coffee 2.2euro and water 3 euros,
access is either down from the castle at fenals end or around the coastal path from llorett beach
A Peaceful Cove to Explore
There are numerous beaches and small coves dotted along the coast of the Costa Brava - Fenals is just one of them it is the nearest to Lloret and a much prettier alternative. After a short time reading a book on the beach we got a little bored here and set out on the coastal path. I'm not sure if the tunnel we went through was new or old but it did look old to me. I liked the use of greenery here too such a contrast with the golden sand and turquoise sea. The replica fishing boat planted out beautifully just added to the charm of Fenals.
Hiking from Lloret to Blanes
Here you have a quite unusual activity: hiking the old coastal pathway ("cami de ronda", part of GR- 92) from Lloret to Blanes (about 7 km).
Summary of the route:
- Start at the South end of the beach of Lloret, take the path to the Sailor’s Wife monument, from there to Cala Banys, and continue following the GR-92 marks (red and white)
- You'll pass across a few ugly residential areas, until you arrive to Platja de Fenals (we stopped for a first bath here). Later it goes uphill and you can enjoy really beautiful views. We had lunch in a small pine forest overlooking the sea, it was quiet, fresh and beautiful.
- Continue following the GR-92 signs to Blanes. You'll pass by the Santa Clotilde gardens (beautiful gardens from XIX Cent), the beautiful beach of Cala Boadella (this one is from Naturist tradition, so better skip it if you mind seeing naked people, even yesterday it was plenty of all kind of people and many families with kids), and the Botanical Gardens of Pinya de Rosa.
- Close to Cala de Sant Francesc, you should look for a small hilly path to the Castle of Blanes. Beautiful views from there.
- There are thousands of steps (no kidding, I can barely walk today!) down hill to Blanes beach. There you can take the bus to the train station or to Lloret if this was your departure point. We had a few "claras" (beer with lemonade), tapas and ice-creams at Blanes town to recover before returning home, it was a nearly perfect day despite the hot!
The total route should not take more than 2 hours on a normal pace, but it makes a whole day trip if you visit the gardens and castle (we are planning to return when the weather is not so hot and visit these) or if you stop to refresh and rest in a couple of beaches, as we did… I'm afraid we looked a bit funky with our mountain boots and backpaks on the beach :-)
Unfortunately there are no pics. Taking the camera did not seem a good idea as we were going to the beaches.
Lloret de Mar Travel Page
Tourist capital of the Costa Brava, Lloret de Mar boasts a broad hotel infrastructure and first-class nightlife, entertainment and shopping facilities. It's simply delightful to stroll down the bustling promenade Passeig del Mar and bypassing the "Casa de la Vila", or Town Hall, an edifice dating from the middle of the 19th century, and the Garriga House. The urban renewal of this sector took place in the 19th century under the direction of the Architects Martí Sureda and Félix de Azúa. Most notable amongst the non religious buildings are the Pujol-Farnés House and the so-called "Liceu". The Sant Romà Parish Church is a must visit, with its high altarpiece painted by Seraphin with the aid of Jaume Fontanet, as well as its Gothic portico and belfry with Romanesque evocations. In the promontory separating the city from the beach Platja de Fenals are the remains of Saint John's castle. Lloret de Mar also boasts a magnificent main beach as well as small coves featuring wonderful seascapes which are so characteristic of the Costa Brava.
Going to LLoret de Mar from Ireland in May. Whats the weather like at this time? whats to do? Nightlife etc? Any information greatly appreciated.
all your questions will be answered here on http://www.lloretguide.com/
where are you staying sometimes best to stay in fenals and walk into town!!!
I will be in Loret from 5th may,`till 10th may,so we could have some party together.